Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Better than Plush the only thing I can do is a quad in Sochi.

c'mon, caseyedwards, put 'em up. I'm feeling nostalgic for a Plush v. Lysacek
    LOL maybe in Sochi it would be "does lysacek know the tweaks in the system well enough to be competitive now?" LOL!! And there were HUGE tweaks after he won!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    Bravo, Evan. His technique is still all there and the performance quality is refined and powerful. I'm very impressed.
    I think that DWTS, which some decry, helped develop his "performance quality".

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    So now that the broadcast is over, they officially chacked the Hubbells (mercy chack IMO because Madison was not over her skates at all and fell twice on random stuff in their program), all the junior champs, the novice pairs and dance champs, and some of the fluff that was done in the arena. Not too bad overall although it's a shame they chacked all the juniors this year because they were enjoyable too.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Bonaly one foot backflip landing! Too bad about all the illegal moves and lyrics otherwise that would be a good competitive program.
    I think this is what Ryan planned to use as an LP before his mom talked some sense into him. He cited he was going to skate to words and do funny and illegal stuff. Wonka looks like it (Love the oompah loompah part just to pieces--and the way you think he's going to do a jump and it turns out to be a one foot back flip is just awesome!

(please redo Wonka as an LP?????)

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I saw the exhibition in Greensboro, and it was great to see it again. So much talent and promise in the younguns and it was nice to see them having fun. Loved seeing Jeremy doing a more light program that showed a fun side. I'm looking forward to seeing John and Caitlin become more comfortable with the spotlight that comes with being the National Champion - I think they're a great team and the extra exposure will really help them. She's just adorable and he has to be one of the nicest people around.

Mark and Amanda are so entertaining to watch and even with her jump problems, Alissa is so elegant on the ice. I loved how "the bear" responded that he admired her perseverance.

And good job for Evan, he really had a presence and command of the ice, and the audience loved the routine.

I wish they showed some clips of the finale and all the skaters running aorund tossing the gifts to the audience. The skaters always seem to have so much fun during that segment. Overall the exhibition was a nice mix of fun, elegance and good skating.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    LOL maybe in Sochi it would be "does lysacek know the tweaks in the system well enough to be competitive now?"
    LOL don't you realize that if 2014 COP required Evan to do a 3Lz while patting his head and rubbing his belly he would find a way to do it with +3 GOE and 10% bonus? LOL!!!!

vCash
    Today, I am officially one with the universe. I should buy a lottery ticket or something. Evan, Mirai, Alissa, Jeremy, all my favorite US skaters in one place doing fab exhibitions, and when I went out to switch cars around, Rhythm of Love was playing on the radio.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Did I hear Sandra call Hannah Miller "Daniella" at the end of her performance?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    LOL don't you realize that if 2014 COP required Evan to do a 3Lz while patting his head and rubbing his belly he would find a way to do it with +3 GOE and 10% bonus? LOL!!!!
    Maybe he could do THAT but all indications are a quad is out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Did I hear Sandra call Hannah Miller "Daniella" at the end of her performance?
    I checked and I didn't hear that. She said her whole name but right before was a loud "Umbrella"

vCash
    didn't realize this was on. Or it must have gotten preempted, because I was flipping channels while cutting out some material and didn't see it.

vCash
    LOL the system was revised to try to prevent quadless wins. Yeah right on quadless lysacrap in sochi
    Ahh, and knowing that Evan skating at this exhibition got your little asshat knickers in such a bunch made his program all the more enjoyable for me. Thanks, honeybunch.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    I checked and I didn't hear that. She said her whole name but right before was a loud "Umbrella"
    Okay that makes sense! Thanks.

Clueless American
    vCash
    Kudos to NBC for showing so many performances. I thought we'd get way more skaters chacked. I don't know why they always do the strange re-ordering of the lineup though. Ever since they began airing Nationals, they've done the exhibition that way. There was a digital clock in the arena and you can see it change from after nine o'clock to before eight and back to nine, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    So now that the broadcast is over, they officially chacked the Hubbells (mercy chack IMO because Madison was not over her skates at all and fell twice on random stuff in their program), all the junior champs, the novice pairs and dance champs, and some of the fluff that was done in the arena. Not too bad overall although it's a shame they chacked all the juniors this year because they were enjoyable too.
    That's actually really impressive. Only one senior team (that really didn't skate well) chacked and two novice champs shown. That's great for NBC!

Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Ahh, and knowing that Evan skating at this exhibition got your little asshat knickers in such a bunch made his program all the more enjoyable for me. Thanks, honeybunch.
    Word.

vCash
    Wonderful show, but I was very disappointed that they didn't show Courtney Hicks, the Junior Ladies champ. Really wanted to see her.

Adored Ryan, Jeremy's program was truly great, and loved Alissa laughing after she splatted - I'm guessing that was probably due to an extreme lack of sleep on Saturday night (um, Sunday morning?). At least the guys still had their post-comp adrenaline going!

Favorite program was Evora and Ladwig; only those two could take Disney music and cheesy Disney costumes and make it something absolutely beautiful. Favorite costume was Caydee's unitard. She may be young, but girl has a rockin' bod, I'd kill for my back to look 1/10th as good.

Mirai was delightful. And Rachael...sigh...very nice program, another unfortunate dress.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    The exhibition was great, lots of fun and lots of emotional moments.

Highlights to me:

All the U.S. ice dancers!! The top three teams are so much at the pinnacle of the sport. Chock & Zuerlein were absolutely stunning and breathtaking. I agree they should consider R&J for a free dance. The Shibutani's are visions of beauty both physically and the way they skate. They make me want to skate the second I see them. Davis & White have a really fun and stunningly difficult exhibition. A cornucopia of talent and beauty in U.S dance.

Mirai Nagasu's "Fireflies"! Different and engaging. I liked it alot. She's so accomplished as a skater and should not be sitting on the couch at Worlds.

Evora & Ladwig! Absolutely stunning and spellbinding number. They looked the part and the skating was devine and moving. They are light years ahead of Denny & Barret in the refinement department.

Jeremy Abbott! He has a future as a choreographer! That was such a unique and memorable program. His skating skills made Ross Miner's pale in comparison back to back. Still think USFS was nuts to leave him off the world team by such a slim margin in the score.

Ryan Bradley! Very entertaining and audience friendly. Wow didn't know he could spin this fast or skate this fast. I guess he slows down during competition with nerves. Amazing quad. This program is infinitely superior to his freeskate. I hope he uses another program for worlds. So glad he got his national title. HOpe he's back next year.

Evan Lysacek! Great, commanding skate. I think this costume is great on him (despite previous posts). Love hearing a U.S. man introduced as Olympic Champion. It's been awhile!

Other random comments: Loved the bit with Ryan and John and their friendship. Since I'm originally from Missouri, I love seeing these MO boys doing well. Like Agnes...she is so promising. Can really perform at 16. Dornbush also has promise...I hope he can improve his posture because it will make all the difference in his skating. This was not Alissa's best but at least I have her short and free on tape. So wrong that Adam Rippon did not skate in this exhibition. One bad competition at Nationals and you are banned to the hinterlands! (Johnny Weir anyone!?!?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnskater View Post
    So wrong that Adam Rippon did not skate in this exhibition. One bad competition at Nationals and you are banned to the hinterlands! (Johnny Weir anyone!?!?)
    Is this supposed to be sarcasm? Because otherwise I don't get it. Adam didn't skate because he was not top 4. The top 4 in each senior discipline skated. It's pretty simple.

vCash
    Evan's El Tango de Roxanne (Thanks for uploading!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXVMouHs0d0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwingDancer View Post
    I have to say, I am not to found of Rachel's pink dress.
    The pink was a lot lighter and softer looking in person. On tv it looks almost hot pink. I thought the dress look really nice on her. She should always wear sleeves...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    Evan's El Tango de Roxanne (Thanks for uploading!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXVMouHs0d0

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast