Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...r+way+to+glory

And while Yankowskas was quick to clarify that she and Coughlin are not a couple off the ice, she described her skating partner as her best friend.

vCash
    All I know is that I love Caitlin's makeup! I've always loved it.

This year she has blossomed into a ballerina on ice and I'm in love with this team! They are precious souls and I'm very thankful skating has them so they can share their spirit with us. Their LP was one for the ages.

-Bridget

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John 3 17 View Post

This year she has blossomed into a ballerina on ice and I'm in love with this team! They are precious souls and I'm very thankful skating has them so they can share their spirit with us. Their LP was one for the ages.

-Bridget
    I couldn't agree more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John 3 17 View Post

-Bridget
    Although I like their long program, I must disagree about her make-up. That heavy back eyeliner and fake Tammy Faye eyelashes are NOT doing her any favors. They is a gulf of difference between a smokey eye and washed up Vegas showgirl. She is too pretty to look like that. Besides it makes he look years older than she is.

I don't think she looks like Aliona or Tatiana at all, I think it's Julia Obertas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...r+way+to+glory

And while Yankowskas was quick to clarify that she and Coughlin are not a couple off the ice, she described her skating partner as her best friend.
    This is a great article, thanks for the link kwanette.

They definitely have great chemistry between them on the ice, that reaches to the audience. Just goes to show that "chemistry" does not have to equal "romance".

vCash
    I was reading the protocols from Nats.

They have developed very nicely. Interesting though that they go for level 4s on all elements with the exception of the triple twist and death spiral, which are only level 1. I think they should try to boost those levels if possible to compete with the teams above them. It seems like the triple twist is a fairly easy element for them as it is. Does anyone have any insight to this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I was reading the protocols from Nats.

They have developed very nicely. Interesting though that they go for level 4s on all elements with the exception of the triple twist and death spiral, which are only level 1. I think they should try to boost those levels if possible to compete with the teams above them. It seems like the triple twist is a fairly easy element for them as it is. Does anyone have any insight to this?
    A level 1 triple twist is normal... And they do sometimes get a lvl 2. But the lvl 1 death spirals hurt, as well as the lvl 3 pair spin. Those are upgradeable. Another lvl 4 lift would also help. More importantly, they'll want to try to get a harder throw into their SP in the future. But I understand that their focus has been on consistency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    A level 1 triple twist is normal... And they do sometimes get a lvl 2. But the lvl 1 death spirals hurt, as well as the lvl 3 pair spin. Those are upgradeable. Another lvl 4 lift would also help. More importantly, they'll want to try to get a harder throw into their SP in the future. But I understand that their focus has been on consistency.
    Thanks. That is what I thought -getting consistent. Maybe there is a plan in place to bump up the levels going into Worlds now that they seem really much more consistent.

I saw E/L had a level 2 twist. D/B had a level 3 twist, and considering his size and her basics, I thought they could probably get at least another level there if the others could do it.

Also, a throw 3loop is immediately doable in the SP. That would give them another 0.5, but maybe they're trying to just work GOE on a beautiful throw 3sal. I don't think I've ever seen them do a throw 3flip or throw 3lutz?

vCash
    Thanks. That is what I thought -getting consistent. Maybe there is a plan in place to bump up the levels going into Worlds now that they seem really much more consistent.

I saw E/L had a level 2 twist. D/B had a level 3 twist, and considering his size and her basics, I thought they could probably get at least another level there if the others could do it.
    To get a higher level on the twist, you need a difficult takeoff, lady's split of the legs, clean catch, and lady's arms above her head for at least one revolution.

Here's the link to the list of features for different levels on all pair elements:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Conte...Difficulty.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    To get a higher level on the twist, you need a difficult takeoff, lady's split of the legs, clean catch, and lady's arms above her head for at least one revolution.

Here's the link to the list of features for different levels on all pair elements:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Conte...Difficulty.pdf
    Thank you. I was looking for a protocol sheet just like this!

vCash

Also, a throw 3loop is immediately doable in the SP. That would give them another 0.5, but maybe they're trying to just work GOE on a beautiful throw 3sal. I don't think I've ever seen them do a throw 3flip or throw 3lutz?
    I don't see where D/B had a level 3 twist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I don't see where D/B had a level 3 twist.
    Maybe I misread it, but I found it in the protocol for either their Nats SP or LP

vCash
    On the Grand Prix, D/B were getting Lvl 1 for their twist, and E/L & Y/C were getting a Lvl 1 or 2, depending on the day. A Lvl 3 from anyone, never mind the US teams, has been rare. Several of the top teams do a Lvl 1 twist. So Y/C really aren't losing ground here like they are by throwing away a level on something like the pair spin, which generally shouldn't be that hard to reach Lvl 4.

Yeah, they've really just tried to keep it consistent, but I imagine they will try to get the loop in there for next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    On the Grand Prix, D/B were getting Lvl 1 for their twist, and E/L & Y/C were getting a Lvl 1 or 2, depending on the day. A Lvl 3 from anyone, never mind the US teams, has been rare. Several of the top teams do a Lvl 1 twist. So Y/C really aren't losing ground here like they are by throwing away a level on something like the pair spin, which generally shouldn't be that hard to reach Lvl 4.

Yeah, they've really just tried to keep it consistent, but I imagine they will try to get the loop in there for next season.
    thanks, how about the death spiral? They seem to pull only level 1 there and that would be another element they could gain ground / increase levels by simply adding extra movements

vCash
    thanks, how about the death spiral? They seem to pull only level 1 there and that would be another element they could gain ground / increase levels by simply adding extra movements
    One important thing to remember is, any element may be choreographed to be a level 4; it's just not executed that way the day of competition, for whatever reason. I'm sure they have a level 4 death spiral but something that day might have happened and the base value was lowered.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    I have to give John and Caitlin a lot of credit. They suffered a bitter disappointment at nationals in 2010. They stuck it out after a disappointing 2010 nationals and it payed off this year. They are good people who have the drive to be the best.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Julia Obertas.
    Same thought here too.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12