Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    Thanks for the link for the band of brothers tour - that looks really amazing
    I've talked to a couple of people who have done this tour, and they said it was an incredible experience, not only for the loactions, but also for the history they learned along the way. I don't know how often it happens now, but over the years, some of the members of Easy Company have either accompanied the tour groups or have met up with them at some point (IIRC, usually at Bastogne). Most of the people that go on this tour are major WWII history buffs, along with a lot of BoB übers .

I am still saddened by the recent passing of Richard "Dick" Winters, the CO of Easy (until his promotion to Captain and then Major), on January 2nd of this year. He was a man I greatly admired for more reasons than I could list, and I broke down and cried when I heard about his death. Private Ed Mauser, one of the original Toccoa men, died two weeks ago on January 21st. At the age of 94, he was the oldest surviving member of Easy Company (the oldest surviving member now is Frank Perconte, who will turn 94 in March).

As time passes, we lose more and more Veterans of WWII. WRT to Easy Company, only a handful are still with us - as of today, only 35 members of Easy are left, and of those, 16 of them are original Toccoa men.

Er, sorry to get off-topic there .

Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    Which Grand Prix - formula one?? That would be the top of my hubbies bucket list - we have seen a couple but would love to have a yacht and watch the Monoco grand prix
    Which Grand Prix? Of Figure Skating, but of course . I would love to travel from one country (and continent) to another, both for the skating as well as visiting, touring, and enjoying the cuisine in places all over the world I've never seen (other than in pictures or movies).

Added to my original list, I would like to:

- Attend a Winter Olympics

- If the region were more stable, visit Egypt and Israel (although I've been there once before, I was 11 at the time and would like to go back as an adult).

- Adding to my previous list of countries to visit/tour: Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Spain, the Netherlands, Brazil, Canada, and (I'm sure) others.

- Spend a good two or three weeks in Washington, DC, and be able to take a lot of time while touring and visiting various spots (rather than one of those quickie/borderline drive-by tours)

- Go on a shopping spree where money isn't any kind of concern .

- Meet the right person, fall in love, and and stay with that partner for life (but not get married)
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

vCash
    Travel to Holland and Switzerland
    Meet Midori Ito
    Learn to play the guitar

vCash
    I'd also like to visit New York City some day.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Take ballroom dance
    Go back to Cornwall
    Finish my novel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Oh please post pictures when its finished! Please please please??? You just described my DREAM bathroom!!!
    I will, but I don't know how to post photos without my email address attaching to them.

vCash
    I'm actually doing something called the '101 things for 1001 days', which is popular on a lot of blogs. That list mainly includes a LOT of travel, finishing study and starting a real career, and doing random fun things.

For life...well....

I want to be happy, whatever I do. Then I want:
    - travel, a LOT. I've already seen about 20 countries (maybe 21? 22?), but they're concentrated on 2 continents so I want to branch out.
    - have a job that I enjoy that is paid well enough to support my travel, yet not work so hard that I don't have any quality of life.
    - meet someone and fall in love and be happy.
    - have children.
    - own a house
    - learn Spanish
    - perfect my French

I'm sure there are more things, but like I said, happiness is the most important. If I never do any of the above, but am happy, then it's alright

vCash
    There's only two things I ever wanted out of life since I was a little girl, that was get married and have kids. At my age now ... never.gonna.happen.
    I think getting married is still possible at a late age if all you're interested in is being married and don't care about things like love, the person you're getting married to, etc. If you're determined enough to make it happen then it will .

I mean I'd marry you ... if you're willing to pay my bills, my vacations, my house, my food, etc.

vCash
    There's only two things I ever wanted out of life since I was a little girl, that was get married and have kids. At my age now ... never.gonna.happen.
    Maybe it will. You can adopt, if you're menopausal. Never say never .

Click me with your mouse
    vCash
    -Get my dream job as a foreign service officer
    -There are so many places I want to travel, but at the top of the list are Russia, Greece, Morocco, Spain and China
    -Climb the Great Wall of China
    -Hold a baby panda
    -Find and meet my relatives who still live in Ukraine
    -Ski in the Alps
    -Go to the Olympics
    -Attend allezfred's Eurovision party

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu View Post
    I am a shower person too. I shower and wash my hair before a bath. Scrub out the tub and then enjoy the bath.
    That's funny.. I do the opposite.. I love to bathe and will lie then for an hour reading my book and even having a nap.. sometimes just to warm up from the minus twenty weather but mostly its my stress reliever. Then after my bath I have a shower.. I had thought about a jacuzzi but I stayed at a hotel recently and it had a soaker tub that was amazing and cheaper than a jacuzzi but so deep..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post

As time passes, we lose more and more Veterans of WWII. WRT to Easy Company, only a handful are still with us - as of today, only 35 members of Easy are left, and of those, 16 of them are original Toccoa men.

Er, sorry to get off-topic there .

Which Grand Prix? Of Figure Skating, but of course . I would love to travel from one country (and continent) to another, both for the skating as well as visiting, touring, and enjoying the cuisine in places all over the world I've never seen (other than in pictures or movies).
    thanks so much Cyn for the information i have passed on the info to my siblings as maybe a gift for my dad as he was in the RAF??
    I can't believe I missed you were talking about THE grand prix. I feel quite silly
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123