Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Title-less
    vCash
    I have loved Jason since early last season. That said, considering how many times my heart is broken by a promising junior, I dare not tempt skategod with any gushing until he actually medals at junior world or makes it to the grand prix circuit.

ETA: constructive feedback: I hope he will not lose his fun side as he goes senior and does the harder jumps. I loved his short last season, but I kinda thought he became somewhat more conventional with his recent long program choices and choreography. (Hey, you asked for constructive. )
    Last edited by jlai; 02-04-2011 at 12:40 AM.

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    First, I want to say I was blown away by thatfootwork into triple flip/double axel/twizzles/footwork sequence. Seriously, I can't even believe I saw that! His back-cross sit spin is incredible, too. My one piece of constructive criticism - take out the lame David Wilson facestroking. I feel like skaters use it to try and express sincerity or something, and it always looks really insincere. And more importantly, he doesn't need it.

vCash
    This was my first time watching Jason Brown. I must say I have quickly become a fan. I am almost never moved to tears by skating, but this has moved me to tears. Such a wonderful performance!

Looking forward to seeing more of his skating in the future.

vCash
    He is ridiculously good and seems like a nice kid. PCS's were lower than they should have been. Hardly noticed the lack of 3A in his LP.

vCash
    My first time seeing him skate, live at Nationals! I was blown away, jumped out of my seat to applaud along with everyone else! He was spectacular. I didn't expect to see such an amazing skate from him but he and Richard Dornbush will be my favorite memories of the men's free at nationals this year.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Oh I didn't notice there is a thread about him.

He is amazing.

Definitely one of the most interesting US skaters.

Gorgeous basic skating and very impressive connecting movements in his programs. He moves over the ice with beautiful flow.

Lines could improve. He makes a lot of effort presenting his program and he is very expressive with his arms but the way he holds them is a little messy. They aren't extended properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    (Jason and Cassar for Sochi for me!)
    We can dream.

vCash
    Thanks for the constructive comments in between the mainly gushing ones so far!

I'm reposting and replying to the following 4 Jason Brown posts (originally posted in the Zakrajsek thread) here:
    Quote Originally Posted by muffinbiscuit View Post
    Did Brian B. learn his money jumps from Linda Leaver or did Linda send him to other coaches for that? I always wonder how someone who's never done a certain jump can teach it successfully. I'd like to see Jason get a 3 axel by next season or two.
    Good question -- does anyone know if Boitano mentioned anything in past interviews or in his book?

Quote Originally Posted by TwizzlerS View Post
    Rohene Ward had a beautiful quad toe among other jumps. He did a gorgeous 4T in the warm-up at 2006 Nationals. Unfortunately, it wasn't there in the actual competitive program. Perhaps he could help Jason with his jumps.
    According to reliable hearsay info, Rohene Ward helped Brown get his 3Lz and 3F more consistent in the summer of 2009 prior to the Broadmoor Open that June when Brown's coach, Kori Ade, took some time off to get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    And it's great to see Rohene Ward doing choreography.
    Yes, and I often am reminded of some "Rohenesque" moves and spin positions in Brown's skating.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I love Rohene Ward, I miss seeing him. Didn't he used to jump both ways?
    Yes, 2A and all the triples except for 3F in his reverse direction (clockwise).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-04-2011 at 01:49 AM.

vCash
    Jason has been this solid and spot on since Pre-Juv. Down to earth, very sweet demeanor, just keeps getting better and better. Definately not a flash in the pan, he will be here for years to come.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    I first saw him at nationals in 2010 winning the junior. Very impressed! Can't wait to see more in the future!

vCash
    Regarding Brian Boitano and coaches, I went back and looked at "Inside Edge".
    The book quotes Leaver as saying that she took Brian to training camps run by some of the top names in coaching so it's conceivable that one of these coaches helped him get the triple axel. The only names mentioned in the book were Gailhaughet (helped with figures), Nicks and the Scotvolds who Boitano worked with during the summers (1984-1987). As for Jason, loved him!!! Could easily become an uber, but trying to show some restraint. Looking forward to watching him in the future.

vCash
    Add me to the list of new fans. This was the first time I'd seen him and was totally blown away. What gorgeous basics, and the flow out of those landings is amazing. He really seems like a sweet kid from the impression after the skate with his absolutely stunning coach. I can't wait to see this boy develop. Oh, also very impressed with the way mens skating in America is developing.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    I really like Jason and think he has loads of potential. You really can't deny his similarities to Evan Lysacek though, I noticed it particularly in the great flexible spins, but they also jump and use their arms similarly. But it seems like Evan is his idol, so I think it's kinda cute he wants to be like him.

vCash
    He's great! I see him challenging for the Olympic team in three years.

(Is it just me, or does he look like Kimmie Meissner?)

vCash
    Just before Jason skated, when he came out for the warmup, one of the ladies I was sitting next to said that she had flown back from last year's nationals on the same plane, seated near Jason and Kori. She said Jason was such a nice kid, and was feeding Kori's new baby for her, and helping with things.

Then he skated. I could so definitely see the Rohene touches in that LP, but Jason could actually skate them in a performance, whereas Rohene seemed to leave his performances on the practice ice.

I absolutely loved both of Jason's programs, and was out of my seat applauding him like crazy!

The audience didn't want to let him go.

I would have given him the best PCS scores of any the competitors there, including Jeremy Abbott.

Ice Network has an interview with Jason, done by Peter Carruthers after the men's LP as one of the "AT&T Ice Desk" segments on Jan 30.
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

You have to scroll down to find it.

Rohene had a nice triple axel as well as a quad toe, so I'm guessing if Kori has any problems with teaching the two jumps to Jason, that Rohene may help.

I hope Jason keeps Rohene as his choreographer-I loved the way that moves in that program kept surprising you-you'd thing he be setting up for one thing, and pow, it was something else, done in combination, most times.

The only constructive criticism I might have is with one of his camel spins-one of his position is pretty radical, and you say to yourself is that a camel spin or an upright spin at this point? I think in the SP? However, I really liked the spin; it just didn't COPize perfectly. So I'd advise when he's doing a cool new move to have it checked out for COP compatibility with one of the experts before he gets too far into a season.

He's a wonderful skater and his LP performance is one that I will rewatch many times.

Oh--Jason skated during the 2008 Skate for Hope ice show benefit for breast cancer, because his aunt has had breast cancer.
    2008 Skate For Hope (breast cancer fund raiser)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdogN...eature=related
    Kori Ade interviews Jason Brown after the skate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdxv547zno

Is the woman interviewing him his coach?

And here are the rest of Jason vids I've found on youtube:

2011 US Nationals (Senior) SP Baliwood by King Circle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaTW6dT3Yjc

2011 US Nationals (Senior) LP Turandot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFVz7...eature=related

ETA FIXED LINK
    Let It Snow, Dallas Galleria (skating around the huge Christmas tree base) December 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf2uQ...eature=related

JGP Courchevel 2010 SP Baliwood
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WML-ZLpYWtk

JGP Courchevel 2010 LP Turandot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlkMx...eature=related

JGP Couchevel 2010 Exhibition
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xNh6GWU_pY

2010 US Nationals Sp Hey Pachuco by Royal Crown Revue
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tud02T7VmM&NR=1

2010 US Nationals winning LP in Juniors to Pas de Deux (Nutcracker)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEh0bm-oRtM

Opening of the Wrigley outdoor Rink (Nutcracker)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f383kZwZFg8
    Last edited by DORISPULASKI; 02-04-2011 at 04:07 PM.

vCash
    I just love Jason's skating! Everything about it. His performance at nationals was breathtaking. I also hope that he gets his triple axel and is still able to perform the same way. I love the relationship he has with his coach and I hope that continues. I know that Kori along with Jason and other students of hers were at ice castle this summer, so I'm sure coaches there worked on his jumps as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Kori Ade interviews Jason Brown after the skate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdxv547zno

Is the woman interviewing him his coach?
    If you are asking if Kori Ade is his coach, yes, she is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    BY FAR my favorite on the men's side. He was a total throwback to the days before COP because he made everything flow seamlessly together! I didn't care if he did a 3axel or not because what he did do he did very very well. I could watch his program all day long. I have a feeling he is a big fan of Johnny Weir and Michelle Kwan. If he gets a 3axel then he could really challenge the best next year at Nationals.
    Actually there was some interview when he said Evan is his idol
    I'll try to find it.
    --------------
    Here it is
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...-olympics.html
    Last edited by inthemiddle; 02-04-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemiddle View Post
    Actually there was some interview when he said Evan is his idol
    I'll try to find it.
    LOL! I was just guessing based on his skating style and the way he lands his jumps. I figured he was a big fan but to be honest, he is probably too young to be a huge fan of Kwan. Gosh, I'm getting old!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I've never seen this kid skate before, but WOW!!!! If I was in that arena, I would've been standing up and clapping as soon as he started that last spin.

I agree with Ziggy though, his musicality and expression is amazing, but if overdone could cross that line into frenetic (like the last two OGMs, IMNSHO). I think that if he could polish his body lines further, he would be even more stunning.

vCash
    Jason has impressed me as well and I will be looking forward to see him starting to jump a 3A in his programmes. His skating is very pleasing to the eye!

I´m happy to hear that he is a hard worker, and hope that he stays that way even after all the gushing fans may be expressing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast