Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Parker Pennington?
    That's who it was. Thanks.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Yes, and she looked FANTASTIC!

vCash
    I don't look that good now and I'm nowhere near 70. Bitch. :
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Considering she shares most kiss and cries with Tom, what exactly does Granny Calvin do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Now that you mention it, she was. I can't believe she's 71.
    She looks great!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Considering she shares most kiss and cries with Tom, what exactly does Granny Calvin do?
    She's supposed to be his assistant coach. No idea what's her speciality, if any.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Braden Overfelt

Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Good question. She's obviously not a "Zoueve"

She does though wear interesting outfits some times. Like that ski-bunny-cowgirl look she had going in the K&C last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Because he's one hot DILF!
    EWWWWW.

Well, for a technical coach, he is really only very good at teaching the jumps....his students aren't exactly known for being good spinners

vCash
    A lot of time when you have a lot of good skaters in one location (Delilah) they feed off of each other and push each other to greatness. It's hard being the big fish in a little sea. But when you have greatness around you (DSC) I think it helps a competitive environment.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Becky Calvin and Delilah something also coach with him. Neither are particularly exciting. He should find out it Ryan Jahnke or Braden Overfelt would join the group for choreography. Becky Bradley was in the knc at times too.
    Haha, you mean Braden Overett, former men's competitor. Braden is busy in L.A. getting his sports clothing company going. In case you didn't catch Ryan Bradley's plug in the K&C for his jacket maker, it is Veretto Sports, Braden's company where the name is an altered spelling of his last name. Many of the competitors at Nationals received sample Veretto clothes and were wearing them for practices and in the K&C. They are really nice, well-made and thoughtfully designed (e.g. extra lining at the bottom of women's pants so they don't rip on boot hooks). Braden is an excellent clothing designer and seamstress himself. In the past he has made competition outfits for a few elite skaters in L.A.

Check out his company at http://www.verettosport.net/index.html. It looks like the website is just getting going so there are not a lot of links to merchandise yet.

Also, just thought I'd mention that Dalilah Sappenfield's first name has two "a"s in it (Latin spelling). It is commonly misspelled with the American spelling.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash

Braden

Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    Haha, you mean Braden Overett, former men's competitor. Braden is busy in L.A. getting his sports clothing company going. In case you didn't catch Ryan Bradley's plug in the K&C for his jacket maker, it is Veretto Sports, Braden's company where the name is an altered spelling of his last name. Many of the competitors at Nationals received sample Veretto clothes and were wearing them for practices and in the K&C. They are really nice, well-made and thoughtfully designed (e.g. extra lining at the bottom of women's pants so they don't rip on boot hooks). Braden is an excellent clothing designer and seamstress himself. In the past he has made competition outfits for a few elite skaters in L.A.

Check out his company at http://www.verettosport.net/index.html. It looks like the website is just getting going so there are not a lot of links to merchandise yet.

Also, just thought I'd mention that Dalilah Sappenfield's first name has two "a"s in it (Latin spelling). It is commonly misspelled with the American spelling.
    Now that Braden is retired could he please will his footwork to one of our senior guys....there sure are enough of them who need it.

vCash
    By my count, Tom Zakrajsek coached 7 seniors, 5 juniors and 1 novice at 2011 Nationals. His skaters won a total of 5 medals this year:
    Gold - Ryan Bradley & Max Aaron (Jr)
    Silver - Rachael Flatt
    Pewter - Agnes Zawadzki & McKinzie Daniels (Jr)

Senior: Brandon Mroz (7th), Alexe Gilles (14th), Alexander Johnson (16th), Joshua Farris (21st, skating injured).

Junior: David Wang (7th), Timothy Koleto (10th), Will Michael - last-minute alternate (12th).

Novice: Jessica Pfund (12th).

Johnson, Daniels, Wang & Michael started with Zakrajsek this season; Koleto's primary coach is Becky Calvin.

Lauren Dinh (Junior Ladies silver medalist) used to be coached by Zakrajsek but switched to Damon Allen this season.

vCash
    What I'd like to see is Jason Brown's coach and his choreographer(s) be associated with the Broadmoor team. Jason's skating skills are to die for, but he is at the stage where he needs to learn a 3A and 4T, so it might be a good fit for all concerned.
    Coach: Kori Ade
    Choreographers: Kori Ade and Rohene Ward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFVz7WJgkK0

If you haven't seen his LP, you should have a look.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    What I'd like to see is Jason Brown's coach and his choreographer(s) be associated with the Broadmoor team. Jason's skating skills are to die for, but he is at the stage where he needs to learn a 3A and 4T, so it might be a good fit for all concerned.

It is actually frightening how good this combination would be. Take Sylvia's list of all Z-Bots and apply Brown's skating skills, choreography, and packaging?

Can anyone say "US Skating Domination?" I mean really.

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post

Dang, that footwork into triple flip/double axel/twizzles/footwork sequence (which was really cool) was unbelievable Amazing first spin combo, great salchow entrance. Nice. Also, that's the longest hair I've seen on a male singles skater ever, I'd imagine someone giving him crappy feedback on it from the conservative old USFSA?

Gotta say, I wish his choreographer would take out the lame David Wilson facestroking It detracted a bit for me, since at this point I equate it with "LOOK, I'M SINCERE. LOOK. THAT COUNTS FOR SOMETHING, RIGHT?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    Haha, you mean Braden Overett, former men's competitor.
    Yes, and I am sorry for both mistakes.

vCash

3 Axel for Jason Brown and Linda Lever

Did Brian B. learn his money jumps from Linda Leaver or did Linda send him to other coaches for that? I always wonder how someone who's never done a certain jump can teach it successfully. I'd like to see Jason get a 3 axel by next season or two.

vCash
    Rohene Ward had a beautiful quad toe among other jumps. He did a gorgeous 4T in the warm-up at 2006 Nationals. Unfortunately, it wasn't there in the actual competitive program. Perhaps he could help Jason with his jumps.

vCash
    I didn't realise that Alexander Johnson swapped to Tom Zakrajsek this season. Didn't he used to live in Alaska?

Jason Brown is AMAZING! Thanks for that link. Second most interesting US skater, IMO (after Nathan Chen). Gorgeous, gorgeous basics.

And it's great to see Rohene Ward doing choreography.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-04-2011 at 01:18 AM.

vCash
    No Ziggy, I don't he did switch to Z. I think people were just speculating on what it would take to get him a 3 Ax.

I mean really, look at that performance, do you really think that looks like a Z-Bot?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast