Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    Even the crazies like Al Gore have given up on Global Warming. The new politically correct term is, "Climate Change" However, these idiots will never give up their political agenda.
    Change 'these' to 'some' and I will say indeed.

We do have a PI forum, you know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Oy. The term "global warming" is a regrettable misnomer because most people equate it to rising temps everywhere. If I remember my high school science class on this topic, the idea of global warming doesn't mean the warming of our surface temp, but rather imbalances of heat in the planet's atmosphere - which can cause certain areas of the planet to see more than normal extremes in temps - both rising temps and decreasing temps. I certainly am not an expert by any means. But I do remember that much.
    Actually, "global warming" is a term that does refer to the warming of the near surface air (and water) temperatures -- but what many people seem to overlook is the "global" part of the term -- it refers to the average temperature of the planet, rather than in localized regions. One predicted effect of this trend of global warming is more extreme weather events (including more extreme highs and lows). "Climate change" probably makes more sense to use because of those many who focus on any extreme of cold weather as somehow negating the fact that the global average temperatures have been increasing at an unprecedented rate in the past century. And that is all that I have to say about global warming in this non-PI thread.

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    Even the crazies like Al Gore have given up on Global Warming. The new politically correct term is, "Climate Change" However, these idiots will never give up their political agenda.
    And, neither will you...

NJL (...my apologies to WindSpirit...the devil made me do it......)
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 02-04-2011 at 04:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by indicatoto101 View Post
    I've lived in Dallas for 15 years and seen snow here a couple of times before, and this year has been the worst. My ears a fingers feel like they going to fall off just spending 10 minutes trying to deice my car. I then drive to the nearest shopping center, and they are either closed or ran out of gloves. One good thing is that I get to take the whole week off.

It's still snowing in Dallas as I type this. Well, mostly ice. It's pretty in the least.
    I've lived here all my life and I've never heard of school being closed for 4 days due to weather! Wow!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345