Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 SAG Awards

vCash

2011 SAG Awards

Red carpet's happening. Ceremony stars soon. Anyone watching?

vCash
    I'd love to watch just to see Colin and Natalie, but I cancelled my cable subscription 3 months ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by a56 View Post
    I'd love to watch just to see Colin and Natalie, but I cancelled my cable subscription 3 months ago.
    : Hopefully your fellow FSUers will provide you with all the juicy, snarky details you desire.

vCash
    Mila Kunis looks freaking amazing. I'm in love with that dress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    : Hopefully your fellow FSUers will provide you with all the juicy, snarky details you desire.
    Thank you in advance. Just looking at a photo posted of Jesse Eisenberg - he is so cute.

vCash
    Hilary Swank's arms are RIPPED. I'd totally have her as my Grecian bodyguard.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I am really happy that Julianne Marguilies and The Good Wife got some love.

vCash
    I haven't seen the show regularly but it seems like Dexter's coworkers must be the worst cops in the world.

Meh, hurry up and show Tina Fey & Amy Poehler. I need to do some other stuff.

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    Nooo Alec Baldwin? Again?

vCash
    Wait. Jim Parson wasn't even nominated for a SAG?

Heh. Betty White just beat out both Jane Lynch and Sofia Vergara. Betty's a hoot.

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    Modern Family

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Citlali View Post
    Nooo Alec Baldwin? Again?
    Alec Baldwin won his *fifth* consecutive SAG Award for Male Actor in a Comedy Series.

Also, Julianna Margulies won her *fourth* SAG Award for Female Actor in a Drama Series (two she won in the 1990's for ER, last year and this year for "The Good Wife").

It would be nice if they spread it out a little. Limit one SAG per actor. At least Melissa Leo, Steve Buscemi, and Betty White are first time winners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by a56 View Post
    They both won. Meh.

vCash
    I think The Social Network is no longer the favorite for Best Picture. No movie wins the Producer's Guild, Director's Guild, and Screen Actor's Guild and loses the Oscar for Best Picture. Can anyone think of a time where a movie won all three and lost?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    yeah i'm eating my words now. TSN may have swept the critics' award, but TKS just trumped at the PGA, DGA, and SAG, and those are by far greater indicators of what will win at the oscars. did not see this coming.

vCash
    I did! Somehow I had a gut feeling about it all along. (Not that I've seen any of the others yet -- darned Netflix says I can't have TSN for another week!)
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Hmm - let's see - a movie about Facebook or a movie about the King of England overcoming a speech impediment while shepherding his country through World War II. I'm thinking the Social Network people won't be Oscar polishing.

vCash
    I'm thinking that I should never complain about skating dresses again. Many of the dresses worn on the red carpet are fugly beyond belief.

http://theenvelope.latimes.com/la-en...0.photogallery

vCash
    This year's awards seem pretty consistent, which means the Oscars will be predictable again.

I was happy to see Melissa Leo win the best supporting actress. She deserved it. I still don't see her as the Oscar front running though. Hailee might win the Oscar, though I hope she won't. I have a problem with her being nominated as a supporting actress.

The Kings speech is officially the front runner now for best picture. Earlier it seemed the Social Network may beat it, but the SAG award is often a better indicator of the Oscars.

vCash
    It amused me that TKS won for ensemble acting when just one actor won, whereas two won for The Fighter. Technically, wouldn't that mean that The Fighter's cast was a bit better?

I was kind of disappointed that Natalie Portman was so coherent tonight. We didn't get any babble about her director causing her to get really skinny and indirectly causing her to get fat, or about how her fiance really wanted to have sex with her... boo!

And what the hell, Jesus Bale is gone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast