Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tonya's Baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Given the media's knack for treating Tonya like a piece of shyte, I take their reports with a grain of salt.

And given my tandum to be friends with people DESPITE things they have done in their past, I would be offering her my Tobacco Addiction training as a support if wanted and giving her Sudafed if she had allergies.

I don't own a crowbar though... but if I had one, I would keep it in the garage??
    Um, I think the sudafed remark was its basis for meth labs, not allergy treatments...this is why it is now behind the counter in drug stores.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Did Tonya have a problem with meth? Poor thing. That stuff is worse than heroin, so I hear. My addiction runs to sweet white German wine and tylenol with codeine when I can get it. Not necessarily in combination.

vCash
    Dear God Tonya reproduced?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Did Tonya have a problem with meth? Poor thing. That stuff is worse than heroin, so I hear. My addiction runs to sweet white German wine and tylenol with codeine when I can get it. Not necessarily in combination.
    Nicole Bobek had a problem with meth. I haven't heard anything like that about Tonya.

vCash
    Sometimes, for people addicted to cigarettes it is a lot easier said than done. I don't ever remember reading that Tonya was a chronic drinker but because tests show no amount of alcohol is considered safe, even the odd glass of wine/ beer might be of concern to some women.

I was always more at her smoking with asthma... I will never understand that though...
    I never smoked, but family members do and I understand how difficult it is to stop. As to drinking, I strongly believe - no alcohol while pregnant. But, even doctors will say that a half glass of wind now and then won't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    You know, regardless of how we feel about Tonya, I think that she deserves some happiness. I hope she and the baby are fine.

And no, I am not a tonya fan. Just someone who thinks that babies are special.
    I am not a fan either, but I do hope she has a healthy baby and that her marriage works out. She's had a tough life. Yes, much of it brought on by herself, but she deserves some happiness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Um, I think the sudafed remark was its basis for meth labs, not allergy treatments...this is why it is now behind the counter in drug stores.
    I have followed all of the articles on Tonya and never once was it mentioned that she was a meth addict.

Sometimes I think for some people they feel it is the cool thing to dump on Tonya Harding. I seriously don't get the absolute bile spewed at the woman after all these years. She has made some mistakes, gotten in some serious trouble, but even she deserves a frickin break. The stuff with Nancy happened in 1994, almost 20 years ago. People get federal pardons after 7 years...but for some people you would think she should have served a life sentence...
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    I have followed all of the articles on Tonya and never once was it mentioned that she was a meth addict.

Sometimes I think for some people they feel it is the cool thing to dump on Tonya Harding. I seriously don't get the absolute bile spewed at the woman after all these years. She has made some mistakes, gotten in some serious trouble, but even she deserves a frickin break. The stuff with Nancy happened in 1994, almost 20 years ago. People get federal pardons after 7 years...but for some people you would think she should have served a life sentence...
    I don't feel like she should serve a life sentence, but that is what has happened to Nancy. I doubt whether she will ever be free from anxiety when strangers get too near, according to those close to her. And since Tonya's original plan was to kill Nancy, that is exactly what would probably have happened to her if the plan had not been changed to just maiming Nancy for life....because that WAS the 2nd plan. Sean was supposed to break her kneecap but he missed.

Like others, I hope Tonya has a healthy baby but I do think it will have a nut for a mother. And since her own mother was abusive, I can't imagine where Tonya would have gotten decent parenting skills. Her lifestyle since the whack hasn't been around the classiest of people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    like others, I hope Tonya has a healthy baby but I do think it will have a nut for a mother. And since her own mother was abusive, I can't imagine where Tonya would have gotten decent parenting skills. Her lifestyle since the whack hasn't been around the classiest of people.
    Sometimes when your life has been the fishbowl, you do want to make some decent parenting decisions. And maybe, just maybe she can learn how to break a cycle of abuse.

I hope that there people who will help her in parenting. God knows that I needed some at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I don't feel like she should serve a life sentence, but that is what has happened to Nancy. I doubt whether she will ever be free from anxiety when strangers get too near, according to those close to her. And since Tonya's original plan was to kill Nancy, that is exactly what would probably have happened to her if the plan had not been changed to just maiming Nancy for life....because that WAS the 2nd plan. Sean was supposed to break her kneecap but he missed.

Like others, I hope Tonya has a healthy baby but I do think it will have a nut for a mother. And since her own mother was abusive, I can't imagine where Tonya would have gotten decent parenting skills. Her lifestyle since the whack hasn't been around the classiest of people.
    I never heard anything about Tonya planning on killing Nancy. She wasn't even convicted of her attack just of obstruction after the fact. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope Tonya is a better mother to her baby that her mother was to her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    None of which has anything to do with Tonya's baby or whether or not she is or ever pregnant.
    Seriously. Save the fantasy bible dribble for church, please.

vCash
    Given the media's knack for treating Tonya like a piece of shyte, I take their reports with a grain of salt.

And given my tandum to be friends with people DESPITE things they have done in their past, I would be offering her my Tobacco Addiction training as a support if wanted and giving her Sudafed if she had allergies.

I don't own a crowbar though... but if I had one, I would keep it in the garage??
    Well put.

I wouldn't mind having Tonya as a neighbor one bit. Nor as a friend if we click. I grew up in an area where my cousin was shot to death for selling drugs on someone else's turf. I think I could deal with Tonya just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I never heard anything about Tonya planning on killing Nancy. She wasn't even convicted of her attack just of obstruction after the fact. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope Tonya is a better mother to her baby that her mother was to her.
    Neither have I. That allegation is pretty out there.

No, I wouldn't. "Alleged" foregiveness? That's pretty harsh. I believe what I am trying to say is that it is not in Christ's image to hold grudges against people, whether they have repented or not. That's just my interpretation. Holding ill feelings or grudges or feeling bitter about someone's "sinful actions," especially from 20 years ago-or however long ago that was - just perpetuates the evil and let's it "win." But that's just how I feel about it.

I also happen to live in a mountainous rural area where my next door neighbor is a survivalist nut who is continuously shooting his guns, hunts bear, and won't let his 5 kids lead a normal life-he keeps them sequestered. I call his property "The Compound." He also goes around putting up signs with scripture on them which all say "Repent! etc." He's pretty creepy, but in the 12 years I've lived next door to him, I've never once lost sleep because he was next door. Personally, I'd love to put Tonya in his place as she scares me less. Anyway, I can't take Sudafed...it wires me up too much. Tonya can have any that's been left lying around.
    Yet another excellent post. Too bad site won't let me do any more reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagerboy View Post
    I wish Tonya the best. Just think, if she was in the NFL, she would have been welcomed back with open arms, mega $$$ and still be considered a hero.
    Ain't no doubt. Mike Tyson didn't do too badly for himself either in his 'comeback' to the ring after a rape charge.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 02-04-2011 at 07:19 AM.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    I followed the news with Nancy and Tonya and while it was brought up to kill Nancy, it was very quickly scrapped by the men involved with the assault. But I do remember it was briefly mentioned.

While Tonya was immersed in the plan, and it was for her benefit, more blame should be placed on the ex, the thug who hurt Nancy, the bodyguard and the get away driver. Yes, Tonya was involved but to what extent we will never really know. All parties are going to be attempting to cover their butts, no one wants to be seen as more guilty hurting innocent Nancy.

That said, people can get pardons after 7 years. For some people, Tonya should serve life. I find that sad.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    For some people, Tonya should serve life.
    Nobody here has said that Tonya should have gone to jail for life. She paid her legal debt for that crime and the criminal case is closed. The end of her legal woes doesn't mean we suddenly have to trust or like her as a person, especially with the other problems she's created for herself since then.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Darling PeterG, have we another bon mot to start our day? I'm eagerly awaiting....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Nobody here has said that Tonya should have gone to jail for life. She paid her legal debt for that crime and the criminal case is closed. The end of her legal woes doesn't mean we suddenly have to trust or like her as a person, especially with the other problems she's created for herself since then.
    You're right, trust is not something that should easily be given. And I don't particularly like her or think much of her. However, I do wish for her that she finds peace and that she can move her life forward in a productive way. And it really doesn't matter much what anyone else thinks about her - she has to make her own life better for herself.

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    The end of her legal woes doesn't mean we suddenly have to trust or like her as a person, especially with the other problems she's created for herself since then.
    You don't. Some of us would.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Blergh
    vCash

That said, people can get pardons after 7 years. For some people, Tonya should serve life. I find that sad.
    There is a difference between serving your time and/or getting a pardon and the public's acceptance of you back into society. One simply deals with the legal aspects of your status in society, and the other is all about others' perception of you. You do have to consider that just because someone was pardoned or on parole or served their time doesn't mean that society accepts them fully. I'm not saying that its wrong or right and of course it depends on the crime, but there have been cases where former convicts have had trouble implementing themselves back into mainstream society.

Anyway, I think Tonya would have been forgiven a lot sooner for her involvement in the whack if she didn't have a history of self-destructive behavior that happened before the whack and continued on after. That said, I don't wish her ill-will and hope for the best for her.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Anyway, I think Tonya would have been forgiven a lot sooner for her involvement in the whack if she didn't have a history of self-destructive behavior that happened before the whack and continued on after. That said, I don't wish her ill-will and hope for the best for her.
    You just summed up my feelings on Tonya beautifully. Yes, she served her time. However, for the longest time she continued to be self destructive and did everything possible to stay in the public eye - she flat our expressed resentment that everyone else "profited" from the whack except her. Every year you could pretty much count on hearing about Tonya doing something crazy before Nationals/Worlds to the point where it didn't seem like coincidence, more like a deliberate attempt to get attention when the annual focus on skating occurred. Add in the fact that the further we got from the attack, the more people treated it like it was a big joke and made fun of Nancy and her cries of "why," somehow the world lost sight of the fact that this was a vicious attack on an athlete who could have had her career ruined for life. I probably could have been more forgiving if Tonya's focus had been more on redemption and turning her life around rather that whacked out bids for attention.

I do hope she has a healthy baby and turns out to be a good mother; maybe motherhood will be a rock she can anchor to and get some stability and happiness in her life. I wish her well. I also apologize for the sudafed remark;I interpreted it as a slam on Tonya's lowbrow image, and I know she was not an addict. That was unfair, mea culpa.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Darling PeterG, have we another bon mot to start our day? I'm eagerly awaiting....
    Could we please get this thread back on topic? That being, Christianity.

The more quotes from the Bible, the better. Do pick those quotes which best serve your point.

Good morning.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I don't care if people don't like her or don't trust her, what i don't like is the drummed up meth addict crap spewed out there, or taking her having adverse reactions to meds as something more than simply having adverse reactions to medications. Reading more into things she does than there is. Her being a boxer as anything more than her trying to make a living. That she is a media ho when perhaps, the media seeks out things she does around the time of World's and National's or perhaps these media people specifically seek her out around those times because they think about the lastest 'crap' they can dish about her. She has long been a running joke in the media and many in the population love to dump on her...yet turn around and place the blame back on her being a media ho.

Nicole Bobek is caught up in a drug ring for crystal meth yet Tonya Harding is brought into it. Tonya had absolutely nothing to do with it, yet the media brings her into it. The media has been disgusting to her and yet people still love to feed them and make her the joke du jour.

It's repulsive.

And no I don't overly like her either (or at least what she has done), I appreciated her technical skating and that was it and her 91 lp will be forever etched in my memory but honestly, I feel sorry for her. I feel sorry that she will deal with this shyte for the rest of her life. People judging her mother skills, when they just know what the media brings to them. Not that she provided CPR to a woman and saved her life. How many people know about that? I doubt many do.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast