Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonya's Baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Exactly.
    When I read this, I was sure we were going to get a healthy dose of PeterG's trademark sarcasm. I love it.

vCash
    PeterG was obviously making fun of those who see alcoholism as a small bump in the road to sobriety that can easily be overcome, and not the debilitating disease that it really is. Not sure how that is offensive to anyone but those who think its its an easy thing to quit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post

Quote Originally Posted by neptune
    I did hear that Rosemary might end up helping with the babysitting.
    I wonder what she charges.
    These days, I hear her rates are pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Um, is she actually pregnant?
    LEO59 has known about the pregnancy for some time but was asked to keep quiet, so she must be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I think you are reading too much in what I said. I said that for people in the alcohol addiction it is not as easy as "quit drinking" and that it is a life long problem. For people to be so whatever about it....
    But that was Peter's point. He was agreeing with you.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    It's not just the incident that people talk about when they say they hope Tonya has her stuff together. It's all the run-ins with the law and tabloid-worthy fodder Tonya has consistently found herself in throughout the years. Anyway, even though Nancy came out ok in the end, I don't think it does much service to minimize the severity of her attack. I find that a lot of posters (or fans) tend to do that in order to say its time to forgive Tonya (or to snark at Kerrigan).

That said, I hope the baby brings her much happiness and peace.
    This is true-I actually had not thought of Tonya's run-ins, etc.

It was not my intention to minimize the attack on Nancy. For those raised on the Bible and who still believe it's basic teachings, forgiveness is one of it's hallmarks.

And I most certainly am not one of the those who snark at Kerrigan.

Quote Originally Posted by LEO59 View Post
    Hi Iceman....

Here is a couple of photos of Tonya and her husband Joe....

http://www.pdxiss.org/03-Tonya-Joseph_wedding.jpg

http://www.pdxiss.org/02-Tonya-Joseph_wedding.jpg
    Thanks!

I hope this one works out for Tonya. Just going from the pictures they seem very happy. Tonya doesn't look as bloated (from steroids??) as she's appeared the past few years. Nice, simple dress.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 02-03-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I was going for "over-the-top" with my post....guess I'll have to hit my head harder on the ceiling next time to get it right!

I was bothered by the post that said Tonya should "just stop drinking". As if it's that simple for anyone to stop doing something unhealthy, or something they know is not good for them. I've been struggling with eating unhealthy food for years and I've had people say things like, "did you know that soda pop has x tablespoons of sugar in every can"? To which I try very hard to not blast them with, "REALLY? Pop has SUGAR in it??? ALERT THE MEDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

But I was also wanting to curb the Tonya-bashing. Tonya's life was f***ed as a kid, was probably pretty sh*tty even at the peak of her popularity, and has been f***ed ever since. How much blood do we want from this woman? I was going to post something like, "I am against animal cruelty. Even when the animal is dead. So how about we stop beating this horsey??"

Anyway, my apologies to those I upset. And thanks to everybody who did such a great job of explaining where I was coming from. It's great that so many of you "got it". You rock!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I was going for "over-the-top" with my post....
    It was a great post--keep 'em coming

vCash
    I got it (the sarcasm).

Tanya and her husband look lovely and happy. That dress is a very nice choice for her. I hope she's able to create the kind of family she herself did not have growing up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    For those raised on the Bible and who still believe it's basic teachings, forgiveness is one of it's hallmarks.
    One of the most misunderstood elements of Christianity, IMO. The Christian God forgives those who repent, not those who, like Tonya, cover up their wrongdoing and never completely come clean.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    One of the most misunderstood elements of Christianity, IMO. The Christian God forgives those who repent, not those who, like Tonya, cover up their wrongdoing and never completely come clean.
    But we mere mortals aren't God. I highly doubt Tonya's going to repent to us individually or if we'd ever know whether she repented to God, nor is it any of our business. But as Christians we are not just told to forgive people whether they repent to us or to God. The prayer Jesus gave us to say includes the phrase "and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..." There aren't conditions put on it. Here's one verse where Jesus says: "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." Matthew 6:14-15. Let's forgive the poor girl and let her lead her life. I hope she's happy and the baby is healthy and wonderful. Maybe' he or she will inherit some of those jumping genes and be a great skater!
    Last edited by Holley Calmes; 02-03-2011 at 01:22 PM.

vCash
    Maybe doing what I do I am too sensitive to this... that and I have a cold which makes me extra snarly... sorry for ripping on you PeterG.

As for Tonya, how do we even know what she has repented? I wish her well, I wish her happiness and most of all I wish her inner peace.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    [QUOTE=heckles;3062181]One of the most misunderstood elements of Christianity, IMO. The Christian God forgives those who repent, not those who, like Tonya, cover up their wrongdoing and never completely come clean.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't there for what went down between Tonya's ex-husband, and his cronies and I assume that you weren't either. Only Tonya, and her God know just how much she was involved. There has never been any proof beyond if memory serves obstruction of justice.

Whether Tonya's God has forgiven her or not is not for any of us to know. Forgiveness is not exclusive to God. We can do a little forgiving too if we only try. Jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    But we mere mortals aren't God. I highly doubt Tonya's going to repent to us individually or if we'd ever know whether she repented to God, nor is it any of our business. But as Christians we are not just told to forgive people whether they repent to us or to God. The prayer Jesus gave us to say includes the phrase "and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..." There aren't conditions put on it. Here's one verse where Jesus says: "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." Matthew 6:14-15. Let's forgive the poor girl and let her lead her life. I hope she's happy and the baby is healthy and wonderful. Maybe' he or she will inherit some of those jumping genes and be a great skater!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Maybe doing what I do I am too sensitive to this... that and I have a cold which makes me extra snarly... sorry for ripping on you PeterG.

As for Tonya, how do we even know what she has repented? I wish her well, I wish her happiness and most of all I wish her inner peace.
    Well put.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 02-03-2011 at 03:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    But as Christians we are not just told to forgive people whether they repent to us or to God.
    The Bible tells Christians in several places to turn away from--rebuke--those who do not make amends for their wrongdoing, and forgive them if they do repent (Luke 17:3, Ezekiel 33:10-20, Isaiah 55:6-7, Jeremiah 6:16-30 & 26:3, Acts 3:19). Tonya Harding has repeatedly minimized her "role" in the attack on Kerrigan and continued to be the same type of person if hurled hubcaps are any indicator. I think it's easy to feel sorry for poor widdle Tonya from afar, but if she moved in next door to you, with all your alleged "forgiveness" you'd still be hiding your crowbar. And your Sudafed.

vCash
    None of which has anything to do with Tonya's baby or whether or not she is or ever pregnant.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Tonya has had a really rough life. Childhood trauma always catches up with people... I hope she's able to overcome her addictions and create a better environment for her child then she's had. Things in life aren't black & white, and I wouldn't judge her. I just hope she gets help.

vCash
    I was going for "over-the-top" with my post....g
    OTT? My dear, it was like a Navka/Kostamarov freedance schmatta....

vCash
    Given the media's knack for treating Tonya like a piece of shyte, I take their reports with a grain of salt.

And given my tandum to be friends with people DESPITE things they have done in their past, I would be offering her my Tobacco Addiction training as a support if wanted and giving her Sudafed if she had allergies.

I don't own a crowbar though... but if I had one, I would keep it in the garage??
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    I wish Tonya the best. Just think, if she was in the NFL, she would have been welcomed back with open arms, mega $$$ and still be considered a hero.

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagerboy View Post
    I wish Tonya the best. Just think, if she was in the NFL, she would have been welcomed back with open arms, mega $$$ and still be considered a hero.
    Haha, totally freakin true. Or what if Tonya had been a guy and this had still happened in the figure skating world? Scott Davis bludgeoning the knee of Brian Boitano

eh...anyway, I hope she's recovered from her hellacious upbringing and is ready to move forward with her life, I hope the kid turns out ok.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    The Bible tells Christians in several places to turn away from--rebuke--those who do not make amends for their wrongdoing, and forgive them if they do repent (Luke 17:3, Ezekiel 33:10-20, Isaiah 55:6-7, Jeremiah 6:16-30 & 26:3, Acts 3:19). Tonya Harding has repeatedly minimized her "role" in the attack on Kerrigan and continued to be the same type of person if hurled hubcaps are any indicator. I think it's easy to feel sorry for poor widdle Tonya from afar, but if she moved in next door to you, with all your alleged "forgiveness" you'd still be hiding your crowbar. And your Sudafed.
    No, I wouldn't. "Alleged" foregiveness? That's pretty harsh. I believe what I am trying to say is that it is not in Christ's image to hold grudges against people, whether they have repented or not. That's just my interpretation. Holding ill feelings or grudges or feeling bitter about someone's "sinful actions," especially from 20 years ago-or however long ago that was - just perpetuates the evil and let's it "win." But that's just how I feel about it.

I also happen to live in a mountainous rural area where my next door neighbor is a survivalist nut who is continuously shooting his guns, hunts bear, and won't let his 5 kids lead a normal life-he keeps them sequestered. I call his property "The Compound." He also goes around putting up signs with scripture on them which all say "Repent! etc." He's pretty creepy, but in the 12 years I've lived next door to him, I've never once lost sleep because he was next door. Personally, I'd love to put Tonya in his place as she scares me less. Anyway, I can't take Sudafed...it wires me up too much. Tonya can have any that's been left lying around.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast