Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonya's Baby

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    You know, regardless of how we feel about Tonya, I think that she deserves some happiness. I hope she and the baby are fine.

And no, I am not a tonya fan. Just someone who thinks that babies are special.
    ^^This.

She has a regular gig on the "Smoking Gun Presents: World's Dumbest _________" (drivers, daredevils, criminals, partiers, brawlers, inventions, erc.) on TruTV, and on it, she seems like she's having fun with it and is able to snark or banter with the other people on the show. She also seems like she's much happier with herself and her life. Lord knows, it anyone needed to seemingly get one's shit together, it was TH, and hopefully she's on the right track for that to happen.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsk8ter View Post
    Why would she have to work at doing the right thing for her unborn child? Just stop drinking and smoking.
    Exactly. I walk by a church most days, which happens to hold AA meetings. I sternly looked at the people hanging around after their meeting, smoking up a storm. "Just say NO!!!", I helpfully exclaimed. Just stop drinking! "It's an illness", they said. I offered them a solution...it's so simple, just stop! But they just looked at me as if I was a jerk or something!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I thought this was about a sequel to "Rosemary's Baby"....
    Well, not quite, but I did hear that Rosemary might end up helping with the babysitting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Exactly. I walk by a church most days, which happens to hold AA meetings. I sternly looked at the people hanging around after their meeting, smoking up a storm. "Just say NO!!!", I helpfully exclaimed. Just stop drinking! "It's an illness", they said. I offered them a solution...it's so simple, just stop! But they just looked at me as if I was a jerk or something!

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to PeterG again".

Ant

vCash
    You're horrible, you ahh!!
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    Well, not quite, but I did hear that Rosemary might end up helping with the babysitting.
    I wonder what she charges.

People will always snark about it for years to come; it's become part of pop culture. It's not realistic to expect otherwise. I hope she's happy too, but still...it's fun.

vCash
    I would have "looked" at you the same way. You have no idea!
    Addicted to FSU

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    A blissfully lovely dose of sarcasm to begin my day. Thank you PeterG!

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    It's not just the incident that people talk about when they say they hope Tonya has her stuff together. It's all the run-ins with the law and tabloid-worthy fodder Tonya has consistently found herself in throughout the years. Anyway, even though Nancy came out ok in the end, I don't think it does much service to minimize the severity of her attack. I find that a lot of posters (or fans) tend to do that in order to say its time to forgive Tonya (or to snark at Kerrigan).

That said, I hope the baby brings her much happiness and peace.
    True!! To dismiss it makes the crime seem ok.

vCash
    Um, is she actually pregnant? Back in an old FSU thread there was a statement from her that she couldn't confirm she was pregnant, she "hoped" she was. Considering you can find nothing online about it aside from the original gossip speculation, I'm not sure there really is a baby on the way.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    What you said was completely unrealistic if you had any knowledge about addiction, you would know that already though. How about telling the person who is obese to just stop eating and their diabetes will 'go away'.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    What you said was completely unrealistic if you had any knowledge about addiction, you would know that already though. How about telling the person who is obese to just stop eating and their diabetes will 'go away'.
    I think PeterG was joking...

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    I certainly thought so.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I would have "looked" at you the same way. You have no idea!
    Well! I guess Oldsk8ter and I are on our own! (Walking off in a billowy huff...!!!)

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    any pics or information about her husband?
    Hi Iceman....

Here is a couple of photos of Tonya and her husband Joe....

http://www.pdxiss.org/03-Tonya-Joseph_wedding.jpg

http://www.pdxiss.org/02-Tonya-Joseph_wedding.jpg

vCash
    Well! I guess Oldsk8ter and I are on our own! (Walking off in a billowy huff...!!!)

Just like Eve Arden .

vCash
    sorry, anyone who has experienced alcoholism in their family - this is not funny. I can't tell you how many times someone told my brother that. And even sober for 30+ years now, the amount of stress that is undergoing now, I fear that he may fall back. Not funny at all.

vCash
    I'm not sure why people are directing their anger at PeterG's post. The way I read it was Peter mocking the poster who insisted that Tonya "just stop drinking" not that Peter was mocking people with a drinking problem or was posting a serious belief. I guess if you're that close to a situation it might be hard to take any humor from it, but I think you're directing being offended at the wrong person. YMMV

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I'm not sure why people are directing their anger at PeterG's post. The way I read it was Peter mocking the poster who insisted that Tonya "just stop drinking" not that Peter was mocking people with a drinking problem or was posting a serious belief. I guess if you're that close to a situation it might be hard to take any humor from it, but I think you're directing being offended at the wrong person. YMMV
    Seriously. I understand the anger, but it's really directed at the wrong person. The post that PeterG was mocking was much more offensive to those who are sensitive to the effects of alcohol and substance abuse.

BTW PeterG, I totally got the sarcasm and thought it was hilarious.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    sorry, anyone who has experienced alcoholism in their family - this is not funny. I can't tell you how many times someone told my brother that. And even sober for 30+ years now, the amount of stress that is undergoing now, I fear that he may fall back. Not funny at all.
    Well, it wasn't directed at your brother. Your issues with your brother are YOUR issues. I don't mean to be cold, but you are reading too much into this. It wouldn't be PeterG's fault if your brother fell off of the wagon. I have alcoholism in my family too, and you know what? Some things are funny. Sometimes you have to laugh. I know people whose loved ones have cancer and they laugh at stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    THANK you.
    Last edited by Rex; 02-03-2011 at 03:04 AM.

vCash
    Well, it wasn't directed at your brother. Your issues with your brother are YOUR issues. I don't mean to be cold, but you are reading too much into this. It wouldn't be PeterG's fault if your brother fell off of the wagon. I have alcoholism in my family too, and you know what? Some things are funny. Sometimes you have to laugh. I know people whose loved ones have cancer and they laugh at stuff.

THANK you.
    I think you are reading too much in what I said. I said that for people in the alcohol addiction it is not as easy as "quit drinking" and that it is a life long problem. For people to be so whatever about it...

I sometimes find Peter's posts funny and sometimes not. But then the same is true for all posters on this board and others.

I simply entered this thread to wish Tonya and baby well.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast