Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tonya's Baby

vCash
    Tonya looks so pretty and seems to be happy with her husband. I'm happy for her. I wish them the best and that a healthy baby is born.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Tonya looks so pretty and seems to be happy with her husband. I'm happy for her. I wish them the best and that a healthy baby is born.
    I don't know if this is known yet, but I hope she has a boy. I think it will go easier for a boy to be Tonya's child, than it would be for a girl. A girl would probably get more "like mother, like daughter" comments.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I don't know if this is known yet, but I hope she has a boy. I think it will go easier for a boy to be Tonya's child, than it would be for a girl. A girl would probably get more "like mother, like daughter" comments.
    Looks like it is a boy!

Tonya Harding is Having a Baby

I am very happy for her.
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Looks like it is a boy!

I am very happy for her.
    Aw, that's great!

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Looks like it is a boy!

I am very happy for her.
    Congratulations and what a lovely picture of her on that link - she looks fabulous for her age.. ahh.. US nationals were so exciting in the Tonya days.. I kinda miss those days of figure skating
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Every time i see a new post has been added, I keep thinking it's a birth announcement, so I open the thread.

Why do I care? I don't understand this new obsession of mine. I guess I just love babies, too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I think it will go easier for a boy to be Tonya's child, than it would be for a girl. A girl would probably get more "like mother, like daughter" comments.
    Exactly. A boy's behavior probably wouldn't be that carefully scrutinized. And if he did misbehave, how many people would really care? You'd probably hear, "Aw, cut the fella some slack--it can't be easy having Tonya Harding as a mom."

vCash

"Mama Cass Elliot died chocking on a sandwich" and other urban ledgends

Even a major news outlet get's the facts wrong and lists Tonya's "attack on Nancy Kerrigan". It was thugs hired by her ex-husband, Jeff Guilty! For not reporting this as soon as she found out, Tonya was convicted of a lesser charge of obstructing justice. There is a difference.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I agree I'm glad the baby is a boy.

I'm sure we could fill another thread with discussions on women who excel at something, especially things that thrust them into the public eye, and then have daughters whom they push to do the same thing. It's a lot of reliving their lives and getting the reinforcement that these mothers received in their youth through their daughters. I know we all know that one! But still-I have seen it over and over and over throughout life.

Hopefully Tanya will enjoy her boy as much as my daughter, the ballerina, is enjoying her two boys. The ballerina had a lot of rough and tumble in her that was dying to get out!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    Even a major news outlet get's the facts wrong and lists Tonya's "attack on Nancy Kerrigan". It was thugs hired by her ex-husband, Jeff Guilty! For not reporting this as soon as she found out, Tonya was convicted of a lesser charge of obstructing justice. There is a difference.
    I do think that everyone knows that. But basically this was a rivalry between Kerrigan and Harding. I think people look at that, and not Gillooly and his minions.

vCash
    I am very as to why it is better that she is having a boy. Other that perceptions that she might push a girl into something, we don't know if she would do that. And we don't know that she won't push the boy into boxing? But she may not because her mother pushed her into the limelight. Sort of the I won't do what my mother did to me..
    But everytime I see this thread pushed to the top, I open it to see if she has had the baby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I am very as to why it is better that she is having a boy. Other that perceptions that she might push a girl into something, we don't know if she would do that. And we don't know that she won't push the boy into boxing? But she may not because her mother pushed her into the limelight. Sort of the I won't do what my mother did to me..
    But everytime I see this thread pushed to the top, I open it to see if she has had the baby.
    My reason is different. I just think a female child of Tonya's would get subjected to more nasty, presumptive, comments than a male child would, especially if she were to skate.

vCash
    I had no idea she was married. I'm more excited about that than the kid. Hope he's a really nice guy and it lasts.

vCash
    It was thugs hired by her ex-husband, Jeff Guilty!
    Here's what I can't quite remember. When Tonya was still married to Jeff, did she go by "Tonya Harding-Guilty"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    Here's what I can't quite remember. When Tonya was still married to Jeff, did she go by "Tonya Harding-Guilty"?
    No, you must be thinking of Chris Evert Lloyd Mills Norman Gilooly

vCash
    No, you must be thinking of Chris Evert Lloyd Mills Norman Gilooly
    Oh, you mean Chrissy and Jeff are an item now??? I should've known--she's rapidly running out of other options.

vCash
    Congratulations to Tonya! I hope he will be a great skater! Maybe he'll be able to do a quad axel?!

vCash
    Congrats to Tonya and hubby! The woman is looking better and happier than ever in the 2011 Smoking Gun Presents shows. Pregnancy, married life, or just life in general seems to be working for her.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456