Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 230
  1. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,507
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I didn't actually see the podium ceremony, so I just assumed the ISU was being stupid.
    I don't think it's on youtube but here's a picture of how it was during the national anthem.

    I think the ISU probably was more in a twist about how it looks for photos. I think they do want each medalist on each step with no flags even if they are from the same country. Then when it's over you can join the gold medalist for another photo on the top step with the heads of the ISU and technical controllers. I just think they want to keep control of medal ceremony protocol.

  2. #162

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    psfoty's neighbourhood
    Posts
    8,661
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    21122

  3. #163
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think that it's ridiculous that they should be fined! It's not like they were offensive or anything like that. It was a sweet moment and all the pairs looked so happy. If it's all about photos, I think it actually makes very nice ones. Really I think the ISU has more important things to take care of that than all three Russian pairs standing on the top of the podium with their flag. Maybe if they would have played the Italian anthem and given them an Italian flag there would have been no problem. (No negetavity directed towards Italians here, just Cinquanta).

  4. #164

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    psfoty's neighbourhood
    Posts
    8,661
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    21122
    Higher, prettier, better
    Hello, everyone! We are in Nice and the official practices began. We are in a good shape, all goes as planned and we are getting ready for the competition. Today we'll answer your questions as we promised.

    Q: Do you plan adding more complicated elements in the Worlds? Or will you focus on performing better? I know Maksim is against the quad throws, but what about the quad split twist?
    Trankov: The quality of the element is very important, no matter how many rotations you do. I can assure you: Trankov and Volosozhar do not plan quad throws nor quad split twists. You see, we can perfor a level 1 quad split twist instead of a level 2 triple twist. More revolutions - less high and the element is worse looking, hence the judges will give us 0 GOE at the best case. So what's the point? Why would we spoil the beautiful element for which we usually get a +3GOE? We are not a 13 or 15y.o. skaters, like Chinese who do that.

    Q: Which of your programmes is the most loved you think? And which do you like skating the most?
    Maksim: `Super Mario' is probably the crowd's favourite. The game is very popular abroad, the kids go nuts when hearing the first notes of the music. The adults love it as well. We are a bit sick of it by now - there isn't much figure skating in that programme. But yes, it became our TM programme.
    Tanya: I like all our programmes because they are so different. I like experimenting and being different all the time.
    Recently Nikolai Morozov choreographed a number to a sont `Yeah Right'. We were skating it to the life performance of Dian Bronfild (who, by the way, is the late Amy Winehouse's niece). A lovely afroamerican with a huge voice. First if was hard to create the character, but we succeeded later and it was very well received.
    Maksim: the story is : Tanya comes to a hotel with her luggage, she is kind of lady like, comes to a bar where I'm sitting listening to the live music and looking at the singer. So Tanya shows up and I approach her. I'm kind of not a commiting guy and Dian sings about me missing out on the real love. Very real number (not Maksim's, in general)

    Q: Maksim, would you like to live in Switzerland?
    Maksim: It's nice to visit, but I like it home. So I'd rather live in St. Petersburg. As for Switzerland I'd love to live there for a while , but not for the rest of my life.

    Q: You left home for quite a while. Who took care of your pets?
    Tanya: we have families, we live our pets with them

    Q: Will you skate your number to `Yeah Right' again?
    Tanya: we haven't really thought about it yet. We'll see, perhaps.

    Q: Maksim, was Nikita (Katsalapov) wearing your trousers? Were you wearing Lambiel's?
    Maksim: I couldn't skate in Lambiel's trousers even if I really wanted to. I'm at least one head taller than Stephane. Nikita was indeed skating in my trousers one number because he didn't have a matching costume.

    That's it for now, cheer the Russian team. We'll try to skate our best in the worlds for you!

  5. #165
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    698
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    So what's the point? Why would we spoil the beautiful element for which we usually get a +3GOE? We are not a 13 or 15y.o. skaters, like Chinese who do that.
    oh i love that part lol!

  6. #166
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,150
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    are they competing at worlds? i havent seen youtube vids of them yet, but those of the germans and chinese are

  7. #167
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Higher, prettier, better
    Hello, everyone! We are in Nice and the official practices began. We are in a good shape, all goes as planned and we are getting ready for the competition. Today we'll answer your questions as we promised.

    Q: Do you plan adding more complicated elements in the Worlds? Or will you focus on performing better? I know Maksim is against the quad throws, but what about the quad split twist?
    Trankov: The quality of the element is very important, no matter how many rotations you do. I can assure you: Trankov and Volosozhar do not plan quad throws nor quad split twists. You see, we can perfor a level 1 quad split twist instead of a level 2 triple twist. More revolutions - less high and the element is worse looking, hence the judges will give us 0 GOE at the best case. So what's the point? Why would we spoil the beautiful element for which we usually get a +3GOE? We are not a 13 or 15y.o. skaters, like Chinese who do that.

    Q: Which of your programmes is the most loved you think? And which do you like skating the most?
    Maksim: `Super Mario' is probably the crowd's favourite. The game is very popular abroad, the kids go nuts when hearing the first notes of the music. The adults love it as well. We are a bit sick of it by now - there isn't much figure skating in that programme. But yes, it became our TM programme.
    Tanya: I like all our programmes because they are so different. I like experimenting and being different all the time.
    Recently Nikolai Morozov choreographed a number to a sont `Yeah Right'. We were skating it to the life performance of Dian Bronfild (who, by the way, is the late Amy Winehouse's niece). A lovely afroamerican with a huge voice. First if was hard to create the character, but we succeeded later and it was very well received.
    Maksim: the story is : Tanya comes to a hotel with her luggage, she is kind of lady like, comes to a bar where I'm sitting listening to the live music and looking at the singer. So Tanya shows up and I approach her. I'm kind of not a commiting guy and Dian sings about me missing out on the real love. Very real number (not Maksim's, in general)

    Q: Maksim, would you like to live in Switzerland?
    Maksim: It's nice to visit, but I like it home. So I'd rather live in St. Petersburg. As for Switzerland I'd love to live there for a while , but not for the rest of my life.

    Q: You left home for quite a while. Who took care of your pets?
    Tanya: we have families, we live our pets with them

    Q: Will you skate your number to `Yeah Right' again?
    Tanya: we haven't really thought about it yet. We'll see, perhaps.

    Q: Maksim, was Nikita (Katsalapov) wearing your trousers? Were you wearing Lambiel's?
    Maksim: I couldn't skate in Lambiel's trousers even if I really wanted to. I'm at least one head taller than Stephane. Nikita was indeed skating in my trousers one number because he didn't have a matching costume.

    That's it for now, cheer the Russian team. We'll try to skate our best in the worlds for you!
    Thanks so much, TAHbKA
    I'm really sad about the SP but am confident they will rebound in the LP.

  8. #168
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    are they competing at worlds? i havent seen youtube vids of them yet, but those of the germans and chinese are
    Yes, they are indeed competing. Unfortunately, they struggled in the SP, both falling on the death spiral, and are currently sitting in eighth. Many of the teams struggled. I read that the ice was crumbling.

  9. #169

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,176
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    32148
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Recently Nikolai Morozov choreographed a number to a sont `Yeah Right'. We were skating it to the life performance of Dian Bronfild (who, by the way, is the late Amy Winehouse's niece). A lovely afroamerican with a huge voice.
    Dionne Bromfield was born and raised in London, not sure where the american part came in

  10. #170

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    psfoty's neighbourhood
    Posts
    8,661
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    21122
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Dionne Bromfield was born and raised in London, not sure where the american part came in
    From PC, of course.

  11. #171

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,176
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    32148
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    From PC, of course.
    But if someone is not from America why would they be described as african-american? African English (I'm not sure such a term exists) ok, or some other reference to african heritage, but American?

  12. #172
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    AWESOME skate! Congrats, Tati and Maks!

  13. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    Posts
    6,658
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    AMAZING!!!!!!!! And that may pull them all the way back up to the podium...

  14. #174
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    58
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    They were soooooo amazing!! and so cute during the award ceremony

  15. #175
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    fall, glorious fall
    Posts
    1,650
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Awww, they were great! Amazing comeback, the skate of the night... I hope they don't think about the fact they would be world champions if they had even done 1 less mistake in the short... this is a positive thing they have learned...that they can skate from behind and catch up.

  16. #176
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    633
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    But if someone is not from America why would they be described as african-american? African English (I'm not sure such a term exists) ok, or some other reference to african heritage, but American?
    exactly. It's an incorrect term because there are African people in just about every country not just America .

  17. #177
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Holding the spot for Andrei Griazev
    Age
    28
    Posts
    496
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    New blog entry

    http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/v...ov/313152.html

    I hope we will find some kind soul, who speaks Russian

  18. #178

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    psfoty's neighbourhood
    Posts
    8,661
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    21122
    Misleading calm

    Hello, dear readers! First we'd like to thank everyone who rooted for us, supported us despite everything. It's so important! Your warm words added energies before our LP in the Worlds 2012. We realized we can't let you down so badly.

    MT: We received so many emails. From Russia, Ukraine, Span, Germany , Japan... We have a superfan Yoka, who comes to the competitions with huge banners. It's not so common, by the way. Japanese fans prefer single skaters. Yoka gives us hand made cheburashkas which she makes herself. One of them holds a box and Tanya and I are kind of dalls inside there. Yoka is so creative, there is a banner with cheburashka that says in Russian : `adore you'
    Tanya: We worked so hard before the championship. We didnt even have time to prepare an exhibition number. Usually we take a week to recall it, but we were so deep in work that we didn't care what will we skate and what wear after the competition.
    Maksim: We only thought about a good skate in the SP and the LP. The preparations were really good. We did everything according to the plan, all worked out fine. We felt we were more ready than ever.
    Tanya: And just before the SP we were so calm, so much calmer, than usually. The mood was wrong. As if you stand up and realize you have to perform and of course you will, but without as much mood as usually.
    Maksim: We are all humans and in our sports the emotions and the mood are important.
    Tanya: it can happen to everyone.
    Maksim: Things happen. What I learned from the experience is that you must never ever give up. Always go on and do all you can do.
    Tanya: I was so upsed after the SP that I didn't even see the marks and wasn'tr tying to count how much we'd have to gain. When Maks said we could still be on the podium my spirits were lifted. But I was desperate for a moment.
    Maksim: Looking at the skates I can say all our pairs skated to the top of their abilities. If the falls didn't happen we could have repeated the European success. The Germans were not skating like thye usually do, they were bad. For their level that is. And look: Bazarova/Larionov's season best is 129, Savchenko/Szelkowy's is 132. Had Bazarova/Larionov skated cleanly they could have gained 13X and be on the podium. It's a science fiction, but it could happen. AS for Yuko and Sasha they certainly could be on the podium.
    Tanya: We spoke to our team mates afterwards...
    Maksim: And we said almost the same words to each other. Sasha, for example, said that when he was entering a braket and pushed with the toes the ice went down under the weight and he couldn't keep his balance.
    Tanya: The venue - the exhibition centre where the French put the ice just a couple of days before the competition. It could be that at the beginning the ice was still not good enough. It felt differently in the LP
    Maksim: Yes, I disliked the ice quality as well. I was just kicked out from the footprint! It's unspeakable... I was pressing into the ice with one blade and making a braket wit hthe other. Usually when you fall it is because of the braket. If you push slightly wrongly it slips. But I was kicked from the footprint. I've never saw a pair skater falling from the todes on his left foot.
    Tanya: Even my father said `I don't understand how did Maks fall'. Even though he is not interested in the elements he was curious what happened. he said `I was watching and rewatching, and couldn't understand'
    Maksim: I fell after the turn, usually if youfall it's in the entry. The pairs guys couldn't understand how it happened - if you make a turn you just remain sitting there.
    Tanya: We were in a state after the skate. How come!? We knew the other Russian pairs had falls as well.
    Maksim: When we were waiting for our skate everyone were running around and shouting the Russians fell. The sound on the rink is really good. I was a bit shaken by it. You should step away from everything before the skate, yet instead everyone were paniking! We learned the lesson and went far away before the LP. Where no one could see or hear us.
    Tanya: WE have mixed feelings after the competition. On one hand we are happy the LP was everything we wanted it to be and we got the silver medal, on the other hand - such a skate of the SP is unacceptable.
    Maksim: What happened happened. Lets move on.
    Tanya: We are going to Altay to a city Barnaul. We'll have 2 weeks to regroup there. We'll attend various procedures: massages, dirt bathes.
    Maksim: We'll see the northern deers. Their horns contain very healthy elements which are used in recovery procedures.
    Tanya: we'll live in a wood house..
    Maksim: We were told the recovery should be good. Many athlets speak highly of that place, so we decided to give it a try.
    Tanya:When we are back from Barnaul we'l lfly to Riga where we'll skate and Maksim will work a bit.
    Maksim: We'll have to prepare some exhibition shows for Korea where we were invited by Yu Na Kim. At the same time I'll be choreographing a programme for a Latvian skater. Will have a try out as a choreographer. I'm very interested in trying so I agreed. I have a couple of ideas. Then we'll fly to Korea for a couple of weeks and then we'll choreograph the new programmes in the USA with Nikolai Morozov.
    Tanya: WE have the ideas. Nikolai promised the music is good, something he never gave anyone to skate to being afraid they won't be able to express the music
    Maksim: After our `Black Swan' he decided we are ready, so he'll let us hear it.
    Tanya: But it happens that you listen to a piece and end up picking another. Though perhaps it's a wonderful piece that would suit us.
    Maksim: We want to go on astonish, try something new. I have an idea for an SP, but it'll be hard to impliment. If Nikolai supports it will probably become another programme everyone will be talking about. At least I'd love it to be.

    That's it, till later, take care!

  19. #179
    The wiener takes it all
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minor Planet Johnnyweir 12413
    Posts
    11,591
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1728
    Thanks for the translation...looking forward to their programs next year.

  20. #180

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,720
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Maksim: We'll have to prepare some exhibition shows for Korea where we were invited by Yu Na Kim. At the same time I'll be choreographing a programme for a Latvian skater. Will have a try out as a choreographer. I'm very interested in trying so I agreed. I have a couple of ideas. Then we'll fly to Korea for a couple of weeks and then we'll choreograph the new programmes in the USA with Nikolai Morozov.
    Tanya: WE have the ideas. Nikolai promised the music is good, something he never gave anyone to skate to being afraid they won't be able to express the music
    Maksim: After our `Black Swan' he decided we are ready, so he'll let us hear it.
    Tanya: But it happens that you listen to a piece and end up picking another. Though perhaps it's a wonderful piece that would suit us.
    Maksim: We want to go on astonish, try something new. I have an idea for an SP, but it'll be hard to impliment. If Nikolai supports it will probably become another programme everyone will be talking about. At least I'd love it to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Thanks for the translation...looking forward to their programs next year.
    I'm not; V/T really need to get away from Morozov, but so long as they're getting the PCS that they are, there's no incentive for them to do so.

    I was so looking forward to this partnership, even before it was announced, but the more I see of them the less impressed I am. They're better than the material they're getting.

    Thanks for the translation, TAHbKA!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •