Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    TAHbKA, thanks again!

For the old metro rails made to a walking area they mean the High Line. It really is a wonderful place - I was there last week. Unfortunately not the same time as them.

vCash
    Tanya: Kudos to our ice dancers as well. Nevertheless, I was most impressed by Virtue/Moir. Their skating is above praising. They are so talented! I think their biggest secret is what is going on between them on the ice. I can't take my eyes off them and keep thinking what will happen next. It's magic.
    Maksim and I are trying to create the same effect. We are trying to skate first of all for each other. We look each other in the eyes before the skate, try to understand the partner's mood. During the skate we have a lot of moments when we catch each other's eyes and it inspires us. One can't really describe it, it's a feeling. I think we finally found each other as partners. I feel very comfortable with Maksim.
    love this= too funny it sounds in translation that she is saying JUST TELL YOU ARE A COUPLE!!! funny!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    love this= too funny it sounds in translation that she is saying JUST TELL YOU ARE A COUPLE!!! funny!
    That Max and Tatianna are a couple? I think Stas and Max's gf would object.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    That Max and Tatianna are a couple? I think Stas and Max's gf would object.
    I think they meant that Tatiana sounds like a Virtue & Moir uber who just wants them to admit their lurve and get married already. If so, Tatiana and I are on the same page.

vCash
    Feel like Beatles

Hello dear readers! As you probably know we just came back from Japan where we participated a show. We are finally home and traying, but soon we are going to Italy to a small town near Venice for a traning camp. We'll share our Japanese impressions as well as Chinese where we participated another exhibitions.

Tanya: it was our first time in Shanhai. the weather was not to our liking - it rained all the time, we didn't even really have a chance to see the city. In the four days we spent there we participated three shows. We skated to the live music and were accompanied by Lang Lang - a famous asian pianist. We didn't have enough time to choreograph a new number, so we modified an old one. We also skated the `Mario' programme since it's so popular in Asia.

Maksim: We were amazed by the skating rink in China - the Mersedes Benz Arena. It's so contemporary and looks like an aliens starship. The centre of Shanghai is very contemporary too. We felt as if we were in the future, the only thing missing was flying rather than driving the car. The rest was a sci fi!

Tanya: we then flew to Tokyo. We had free three days which we spent walking in the city. We lived in the Ginza area. That's where the fanciest shops are. We went to a zoo, to a dolphinarium, we saw a Japanese school. Right next to the school we saw the Buddha foot prints. The story is they are real.

Maksim: But we were most amazed by the people in Japan. They speak very quietly, agree with everything and never say `no'. For example if you ask a Japanese whether they would like an apple they'll reply `yes, I wouldn't'. The fans are very nice to the skaters and skating is so popular! There were so many presents, some were hand made and some very expensive.
    The single skaters are the most popular there, but we have nothing to complain about, especially Tanya - she is adored there. I remember we felt as if we were `The Beatles' when together with Lambiel escaped through the back exit to our taxi. the fans met us, went after the car, were trying to shake our hands- it was unreal! We've never experienced such thing in any other country and it's so nice when your sport is so admired!

Tanya: we then went to a small town where people recognized us on the streets!

Maksim: once we went for a walk and offered to have a breakfast. Tanya said `let's go to the Starbacks, it's probably not too packed'. We came in and there were like 50 people! And all were shouting `Tatiana, Maksim!' We are not used to that.

Tanya: During one of the meetings with the fans the organizers had a lottery - each fun got a number, the skaters were pulling the numbers. The winners could go up the stage, ask a question, take a photo. I pulled the number of my old fan. She is rooting for me ever since I was skating with Petr Harchenko. I even recognized her by the letters she sent me! Such a coinsident. That woman presented me a huge album with the photos starting with the oldest ones!

Maksim: another fan who we bumped into in the `Starbacks' had a Russian flag with our names and Cheburashka on it. She asked us to sign it, said it was her treasure and now she'll cheer for us with that flag.

Tanya: Lambiel has a fan who became his friend. She even comes to visit him from time to time. She explained us what Maksim's name means in Japanese.

Maksim: apparently my name means `wishes and hopes will come true'. Such a nice translation.

Tanya: of course by the end we were quite tired. The flight from the USA to China was hard - we flew for 20 hours. First for 6 hours to LA, then there were some technical matters and we couldn't land and were flying above the city, then 14 hours to China. We are so tired of all the flying that it will be nice to be home for a while.

Maksim: but there is no time to rest. The worlds ended late hence many skaters had to give up the vacation. We are soon leaving to Italy where we plan to learn some new elements. Especially we have to work on the lifts since the rules had changed.

Tanya; now to your questions:
    Q: Will you be performing the throw flip instead of the salchow or the loop?
    Maksim: we are not sure yet. Probably we will perform it eventually, but it is not yet stable. It will probably replace the Salchow

Q: Tanya, do you believe that putting a 2$ bill in the wallet will make the money always remain in the wallet?
    Tanya: I don't believe in the black cats nor that. I have my own issues with the ice, but other than that am not superstitious.
    Maksim: I am. Always go on the ice from the same foot, always tie the same boot forst, afraid of the black cat. If it crosses my way I will not go till someone crosses between us. Though once during the competition I forgot my accreditation and had to go back and pick it up - they didn't let me into the ice. I came back and, of course, pulled the tongue into the mirror, put the accreditation and... skated great!
    Tanya: this is what I'm saying - all those things are just in your head!

Q: Tanya, oyu haven't been here for so long. Did you miss russia? Maksim, why did you swap the costumes with Lambiel? It was funny. Did you have a time to train in Japan?
    Tanya: Of course we missed Russia! We are enjoying being here now
    Maksim: as for the costumes- it was during one of the meetings with the fans. I took the Romeo costume with me just in case but eventually didn't need it. And then Lambiel and I decided to be amuse everyone and swap the costumes. We're glad it was funny.
    Tanya: We had a time to train a bit in Japan. Sometimes we were given the ice time.

Q: Did you see any celebs in Broadway?
    Maksim: I think the guys saw Johnny Depp, but we are not sure whether it's him. We certainly saw Kifer Satherland and Chris Knot

Q (that one was in English, so leaving as is): I also saw a picture from Shanghai where you skated and Lang Lang was sitting by the piano!! How wonderful that must have been!! What piece of music did you skate to? I wish I could have been there to experience it!
    Tanya: we are happy you liked it! We skated to Chopin's music in Shanghai
    Last edited by TAHbKA; 07-14-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    New blog translations

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Feel like Beatles

put the tongue in the mirror

I love translations. Local idioms are awesome. I learn so much on FSU about language. Could someone explain what he means?
    I suddenly find myself older than I ever intended to be--Roxy Hart in "Chicago"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutzcy View Post

I love translations. Local idioms are awesome. I learn so much on FSU about language. Could someone explain what he means?
    I love reading the highlights of my own translations)

It means he made a face to the mirror. Sticked the tongue out. Reckon it is some superficion that iether one has to make a face to the mirror or not when going back. Russians? What is it about?

Just me
    vCash
    Thank you, TAHbKA!!
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    I love reading the highlights of my own translations)

It means he made a face to the mirror. Sticked the tongue out. Reckon it is some superficion that iether one has to make a face to the mirror or not when going back. Russians? What is it about?
    It's one of the common superstitions: it's bad luck to come back to the house if you forget something, but if you do come back, you have to see your reflection in the mirror to break the bad luck ( I have no idea how this superstition originated). So, Maxim came back for accreditation, looked in the mirror and stuck his tongue out as a gesture of defiance to back luck, I guess.
    improving my ballad- like lines

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    It's one of the common superstitions: it's bad luck to come back to the house if you forget something, but if you do come back, you have to see your reflection in the mirror to break the bad luck ( I have no idea how this superstition originated). So, Maxim came back for accreditation, looked in the mirror and stuck his tongue out as a gesture of defiance to back luck, I guess.
    Interesting. FSU is a cultural anthropologist's dream source. If I didn't hate cultural anthro, I could so write a paper on multiculturalism of FSU.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Thanks for the translations as always TAHbKA!

[ For example if you ask a Japanese whether they would like an apple they'll reply `yes, I wouldn't'.
    They must have met some really weird Japanese people.

A black cat crossing your path is extremely good luck in Ireland. We like to be different.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    [Q: Did you see any celebs in Broadway?
    Maksim: I think the guys saw Johnny Depp, but we are not sure whether it's him. We certainly saw Kifer Satherland and Chris Knot
    Who's Chris Knot ?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Who's Chris Knot ?
    Chris Noth - Big in "Sex and the City". He's in "The Good Wife" too.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Who's Chris Knot ?
    who is Keifer Satherland?

(I have no idea who are those people....)

vCash
    who is Keifer Satherland?

(I have no idea who are those people....)
    Kiefer Sutherland played Jack Bauer on the show 24.

vCash
    TAHbKA, thank you again for the translation!

Wow, to skate when Lang Lang was accompanying is a great honour!

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Thank you very much for your informative posts and translations, TAHbKA!

It's always a treat reading what new adventures Tatiana + Maxim are up to! I am cheering for them as always and wishing them the best heading into the new season! I hope 2012 brings even more success to them!!

vCash
    Italian Holidays

Hello everyone! We just came back from Korea where we participated a show. But we'll tell more about that in our next entry, this one dedicated to our impressions of Italy, where we went for a training camp.

Tanya: it was a great trip. The time well spent.
    Maksim: we mainly trained in a small town called Baselga di Pine (no idea how is it spelled). It's on a middle mountains, about 1000 metres above the sea. There weer two beautiful lakes. We walked to one of them after the training and stayed there till lunch.

Tanya: Our dogs loved Italy the most. They had a good vacation and came back well rested.
    Maksim: My dog loves sweeming and taught Tanya's Dexter how to. First it was afraid and didn't want to get in, but by the end of the camp was running towards the water itself.

Tanya: A big Olympic traning facility is placed in town. There is a short treck rink and figure skating rink, a gym and a small room for choreography.
    Maksim: We worked on a flip throw. Though we are still not sure about embedding it in the programme. Perhaps we will in the short programme, but not in the long. We will train it for a year in a short programme since we want to put it in the last part of the programme, which is not easy - it's a hard throw to perform and usually the pairs put it at the beginning of the programme.

Tanya: We decided on the new lifts. We are now waiting for the judges decision: something might still change in the rules, but we think our lifts should be allright.
    Maksim: we changed the entrance into a split twist. Worked on the split twist itself, the entry. Changed the spirals, invented something new there...

Tanya: We continue working with Nikolai Morozov. He does our music. We need to change the cuts - the thing is we only have a basic idea. For example, when we do the elements we skate to one piece, on the steps seq - for another. There is still plenty of work, but it all goes as planned.
    Maksim: We had a couple of days off which we spent travelling in Italy. We've ben too Vernoa - the homeland of Romeo & Juliette. Tanya waved her hand on me from the famous balcony. It was quite poetic. We touched Juliette's breast. They say it brings luck. It's already shining from all the touching.

Tanya: All the walls there are decorated with hearts and names of thsoe who visited are written. But there weren't too many letters to Juliette. Remember how it is in the movie? Actually there just pieces of paper and aren't too many of them too.
    The next half a day we spent in Verona and then continued to Venice.
    Maksim: we loved it there: we took a gondola and then had a dinner in a cafe right on the channel. We had time to see all the must places. There are almost no cars on the island- so quiet! Great thing! we also went to Pinzolo to Lambiel. I then went to Trento. Tanya went back with Stanislav to Venice, while I walked in the medival caslte turned into a museum. Trento is an ancient beautiful city.

Tanya: The last day before flying to the show in Korea - we flew from Rome - we went to see the capital. we walked the whole day in the city. We made a plan of what we want to see and made it almost everywhere. Including Vatican, though we had to stand in a huge line and were among the lasts to get in.
    Maksim: Tanya was wearing an open dress that explosed her shoulders and they didn't want to let her in. There were no scarfs to borrow to cover. So I had to run through the whole square to get her a scarf and then I had to stand in the line again. A waste of an hour.
    Tanya: we were so tired by the end of the day. We sent our parents postcards from the airport : we always do from places we go to. It was a pack from Italy - from every city we've been to. We fell immediately asleep on the airplane.

That;s it for now, the Korea show entry and answers to your questions - next time! See you!
    Last edited by TAHbKA; 08-16-2011 at 03:55 PM.

vCash
    Thanks, TAHbKA !!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast