Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Geez, their chemistry just oozes from the ice!
    I can even forgive the horrble yellow cap on Maxim´s head - I know it belongs to the Super Mario Bros.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    And, every time I see the height he gets for the throw jumps, I just I was afraid he wouldn't be able to duplicate Stas in that regard, but it's not a problem. I'm really trying not to get overly excited so I won't be disappointed if for some reason they don't medal. Is it pairs time yet?
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I love that his throw technique looks a little cleaner too....no more falling all over himself throwing the girl like a sack of potatoes. Amazing what a change in partners can do for two such talented skaters!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    We found each other
    Dear readers, thank you so much for your support and kind words in the comments. The Worlds are over and, as promised, we share the feelings.

Tanya: Of course we didn't count on getting a silver. We thought we might have a bronze. It was a surprise.
    Maksim: The crowd was amazing! Thank so much to everyone for supporting us. You have no idea how many great moments you gave us.

Tanya: The most remembered thing from the championship - the way the crowd went crazy even before we started our SP. And the standing ovation after the LP! Maks told me `Lets skate around and thank everyone'. We almost forgot to bow. WE didn't want to leave the ice but to enjoy the moment. We were so thrilled everything worked out! Thank you all so much!

Maksim: we were very nervous before the SP. I think we only relaxed after the throw, when realized all the jumping elements are behind us. I think we were a bit stiff before that.

Tanya: In the LP I was first stressing bit about skating last, but then I collected myself and calmed down before stepping on the ice. It was easier to skate than the day before - it is so important not to make any mistakes in the SP

Maksim: One of the first people to congratulate us were Savchenko/Szelkowy and their coach Ingo Steuer. It was very nice. We are thrilled for their win. We are grateful they skated so well - had we won the first world championship we attended it would put too much pressure. Everything turned for the best for us.

Tanya: We were also congratulated by Tatiana Tarasova. I don't remember whether she actually said anything, but sometimes the words are not needed. We know all the bosses are happy. In Friday we were invited to a dinner with Nagornyh and told we'll receive the diplomas of sport masters of Russia (whatever that is). We are so happy. For the first time I stood on the podium. It's impossible to describe. I felt so happy and so proud for our all team.

Maksim: but now the excitement is over. As it should. The plan we followed the whole season worked, now we have to move on.

Tanya: We are emotionally drained. The pressure before the competition was huge. It would be nice to have some rest now. We're soon going to St. Petersburg, then we'll be checked by the doctors, then, probably, to Tver and then I'll go home to Ukraine for a short break.

Maksim: Right after the championship we went to the USA embassy to issue a visa. On May 15th we are going to the USA to work with Nikolai Morozov on our new programmes.

Tanya: Of course, we have to work very hard for the new season. The elements we do now were good for this season, but we need a harder ones. We want to make a more expensive split twist, we have to work on the death spiral, learn new lifts. We must progress.

Maksim: We would also love to congratulate the whole Team Russia for the great skates: first of all Arthur Gachinski who won a bronze medal and a huge thanks to Alena Leonova for the fight she gave in the LP.

Tanya: Kudos to our ice dancers as well. Nevertheless, I was most impressed by Virtue/Moir. Their skating is above praising. They are so talented! I think their biggest secret is what is going on between them on the ice. I can't take my eyes off them and keep thinking what will happen next. It's magic.
    Maksim and I are trying to create the same effect. We are trying to skate first of all for each other. We look each other in the eyes before the skate, try to understand the partner's mood. During the skate we have a lot of moments when we catch each other's eyes and it inspires us. One can't really describe it, it's a feeling. I think we finally found each other as partners. I feel very comfortable with Maksim.

Maksim: THe success brought us even closer. We have great relationship. We help each other in the small things on the daily basis, speak all the time. And most importantly - we both want to progress without looking back or thinking of other things.
    Last edited by TAHbKA; 05-03-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Just me
    vCash
    Thank you TAHbKA.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Thanks as always for the translations! I'm so happy for V&T; can't wait to see them again next season.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    On May 15th we are going to the USA to work with Nikolai Morozov on our new programmes.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Kudos to them; not only are they both remarkably talented skaters, but it's so good to hear of them getting along so well both on and off the ice. I think they are really going to be a truly magical team.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    We are so happy. For the first time I stood on the podium. It's impossible to describe. I felt so happy and so proud for our all team.

Sooo happy for all of them!!

vCash
    On May 15th we are going to the USA to work with Nikolai Morozov on our new programmes.
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I agree, that Mario Ex program he did for them...

Thank you TAHbka for the translation!

vCash
    Tanya: Kudos to our ice dancers as well. Nevertheless, I was most impressed by Virtue/Moir. Their skating is above praising. They are so talented! I think their biggest secret is what is going on between them on the ice. I can't take my eyes off them and keep thinking what will happen next. It's magic.
    Maksim and I are trying to create the same effect. We are trying to skate first of all for each other. We look each other in the eyes before the skate, try to understand the partner's mood. During the skate we have a lot of moments when we catch each other's eyes and it inspires us. One can't really describe it, it's a feeling. I think we finally found each other as partners. I feel very comfortable with Maksim.
    I always find it so interesting to read about skater's opinions of other skaters. It would be amazing if V/T could someday display the chemistry and expression shown by V/M. It sounds like they have a great partnership and really like and respect each other so hopefully this will happen soon!

Thanks for the translation

vCash
    Thanks TAHbKA for the traslation Great interview.

I too with orbitz.
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Thanks TAHbKA. I love getting to read their blogs. While most of us don't care for Morozov, there is no question that his programs win. I'd go to him also. Is it fall yet?

vCash
    Ahhhh, thanks for posting that translation. Earlier today, I watched their Universal Sports post-SP interview, and they said how they were focused on skating for each other for the LP. I immediately thought, "Huh, that's something Virtue/Moir would say." Seems to be something that works quite well for both teams!

vCash
    Thanks for the updates. I notice Maxim likes Denis Simachev t shirts. So do I.

(Not that you wanted/needed to know this )

vCash
    In case anyone missed this post in the V/T thread in the Trash Can:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavla2304 View Post
    Google translated end of the blog:
    Will you have an official website? How do you feel about the various online communities, groups sotsseti, forums about you?

Tanya : On the site - perhaps, but we have simply not thought about it. Could be, maybe someone from the fans will create. Speaking of fans. Postcards that you see on this page have done for us, our Korean fans. We think this is very nice, and we decided to show them to you.

Maxim: So far we have a group Vkontakte, and pleased that there are already more than a thousand people. Newspapers we read, but the forums do not attend.

vCash
    Coffee with Cream
    Hello, everyone, as you know, we spent all that time in the USA in a workshop choreographing the new season's programmes. We to left China on June 15th to participate a show, after which we were scheduled to skate in Japan. We are going back to Moscow in July 5th. We will tell you what were we doing in the USA. It was very interesting.

Tanya: Once we came we hired a car. It is hard to get on without. We lived in Clifton, NJ. It's a 15 minutes drive from the rink, which is placed in Hackensack. Nikolai Morozov choreographed two new programmes for us. We are more of a pair now than we were last year, so we can attempt something more interesting and harder. It was interesting and fun working with Nikolai. What are the programmes? We are keeping it a secret in the mean while. We'll just say we worked with a Broadway choreographer Jermaine Brown on our SP.

Maksim: He is one of the best in NY (www.JermaineBrowne.com), very well known among the professionals, he worked with Christina Aguilera, Madonna, almost with all the pop stars either as a dancer or as a choreographer. We worked with him on the floor but sometimes he visited us on the rink.

Tanya: Jermaine is an afro american. He looked interesting on the ice. Like a cream on coffee. He is a very positive person, with lots of energy that he projects on the others and the athmosphere of working with him was great. It was easy and fun. Working on our SP he gave a different shape to our moves, tried to adapt the dancing lines to the ice. After all, things that are possible on the dance floor will not necessarily work on the ice.

Maksim: We also had some private lessons. They allowed us to feel better what will we be skating to. It's very important, since our SP this season is a surprise. It's not at all what everyone expects to see a pair team to do.

Tanya: There is a whole dance studio on Broadway. A kind of a dancing centre. One can choose any dancing style there.

Maksim: The choise is very broad - from the modern ballette to hip hop. We took hip hop and street jazz lessons.

Tanya: We realized we have still plenty to work on our movements and lines. On the ice we do one thing, but the dance is a completly different matter. I think the knowledge we gained will help us in figure skating.

Maksim: We were working with no days off. Spent all the days on the rink, tried new elements. Tanya learned the throw 3F. We also changed the lifts because the rules had changed. Learned new death spirals. But we should mention that the work in the USA was mostly on choreographing, we'll work on the elements in Italy where we are going on 17th.

Tanya: Twice when we were supposed to have time off we went training in Conneticut. There is an Olympic sized ice there. Its' where everyone prepared to the Olympics. Urmanov, Arakawa, Gordeeva/Grinkov, Navka/Kostomarov skated there.

Maksim: In the free time, which we hardly had, we toured NY.

Tanya: We had one day off when we got the Chinese visa. We had to meet Nikolai Morozov after, but still we had a couple of hours left. So we took a boat to the Liberty statue, looked at the park that was remade from an old train station.

Maksim: One of the old on ground metro lines was turned into a walking area in a modern style. WE liked it. It's very green, which is rather unusual for NY.

Tanya: We also got to see the musicle `Billy Elliott'. I saw it for the first time.

Maksim: I liked the decorations the most. It was very professionally made. Can't say I was more impressed with `Billy Elliott', then, let's say, with `Monte Cristo'. On the other hand I though `Zorro' was not as good as `Billy Elliott'. Anyway, Russia can compete with the USA.

Tanya: and now as usually we'll answer some questions.

Q: Tanya, who taught you to make a borsch?
    Tanya: You know what, there were so many new imotions and impressions in the USA that I don't want to think of the borsch. I will share a recepee, even though there is nothing special there.

Q: Was there anything new that you haven't done before and how interestin and new everything is for oyu?
    Tanya: Broadway dancing is new and interesting for us, as far as we know there is no such organization in Russia.
    Maksim: Yes, Russia is more into the classics, floor dances and acrobatics. While there are so many directions. We also spent a lot of time in the USA workin on the spteps and gliding.

Q: How did you celebrate the birthday? What did you get from Stas, Maksim, Nina Mozer?
    Tanya: First of all thank you all so much for the greetings! It was lovely to read all the warm comments! Nina Mozer gave me a gift card to one of the shops. Stas gave me something special which I will not reveal. Maksim gave me a wallet that I wanted for quite a while.
    Maksime: It was a great celebrations. We all met and went to a restaurant `Jekyll and Hade' which is decorated like a horrors room. The actors work there. They run around and scare. And there are some special effects. It's a 3 floors building placed in Manhatten. It's a children's heaven- there are pictures with moving eyes, a talking sharkis sticking from the walls and since most of our group are rather young they had fun. It was quite a party since all Nikolai's pupils joined us.

Q: What do you like and dislike the most in training?
    Maksim: We like skating together the most. Skating separately the least.

Q: You will have an opportunity to participate three GP events. WIll you use it? After all if all the medalists will want to participate 3 events you will be facing each other.
    Maksim: as of right now we plan to participate two events. But if we want and will be ready we might participate the Russian event as well. Russia can have 3 local pairs and one spot will be vacant almost till the end.
    Tanya: Also the scoring is important: the best 2 results are counted. The 3rd, the worst is not counted. Hence we decided to participate two more competitions: in Germany and Slovakia to increase our stadning.
    Maksim: as ofr facing the rivals - we dont' care. Most importantly is to do your job. The earlier we start competing the better. We are not training so we can later choose who to face and whom not.

Q: There will be shows in June and July in Japan. Will you participate? If you will - will you be staying in Japan or going elsewhere between?
    Maksim: we'll participate both shows and will be in Japan all that time. Of course if there will be an opportunity to train we will.

Q: You had an exhibition on June 11th in the USA. Tell us about it.
    Maksim: there is an ice rink where Stas coached young pairs. The management of the rink are our friends. They asked us to come and hold an authographs session, to be photographed with the kids, to do a master class. WE skated a bit, showed some elements. Some people came, watched and clapped. That's about it. Such things are quite popular in the USA. Rachel Flatt was there before us.

That's it, till later.
    Last edited by TAHbKA; 06-22-2011 at 07:59 PM.

vCash
    Thank you so much, TAHbKA

It is so nice of Tanya and Maxim that they are writing these blog entries for their fans

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I can't wait to see what they've come up with for the SP. They sound very excited about it.

Just me
    vCash
    Thank you for the translation. I really enjoy reading these.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast