Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Q: Maksim, you mentioned being a football fan. Which teams are you supporting?
    Trankov: Between Real and Barca - Barca, between Inter and Milan - Milan, as for the brits - I like the Arsenal and Tottenham.
    in my younger days when I was a huge soccer fan, my choices were completely opposite!

Thank you so much TAHbKA! Татиана и Максим

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iris81 View Post
    we have
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOr60i7grx4

And here throw seems to be clean.
    Looks clean to me. Beautiful. Thank you, Iris.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Banned Member
    vCash
    They updated their blog and told how it was to skate in the Alps. In general they are happy with their results but they said it was quite hard to skate in high mountains. Tatyana is very happy to skate for such a big country as Russia. No big news there, just some pics. They are going to Japan on March 10th and are planning to train with Morozov there till the Worlds.
    http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/v...ov/161847.html

YEAH!
    vCash
    Do they have any other competitions before Worlds? I remember reading they had signed up for two, so they would have two chances to obtain the minimum score. But now that they have achieved it, I figured they might want to rest a bit and train properly for Worlds.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    It doesn't say anything about any other competition before worlds. If they had signed on for two, they probably withdrew from the other one at this point. It just says they are working now on the programs, and will leave for Japan March 10.

Trankov also says that the jumps that each of them messed up on in the LP at Mt. Blanc were the opposites of the jumps they were each messing up on in practice. Equal opportunity skaters!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Do they have any other competitions before Worlds? I remember reading they had signed up for two, so they would have two chances to obtain the minimum score. But now that they have achieved it, I figured they might want to rest a bit and train properly for Worlds.
    That one has been cancelled, regardless they didn't need it anyway.

Banned Member
    vCash
    They updated their blog with some lovely pics. They said they don't have any phychologists right now, Tatyana added that the best phychological help she gets from friends and family. The question about coaches: who was the most strict and tough. Trankov: for me- Vasiliev. Volosozhar: for me- Ingo Steuer. They both said they are not thinking about their future career right now, if they become coaches or not. Currently they are busy with skating. After the Worlds they might take part in some "B" competitions, like in Nice or others, in order to test their new programs before the GP series.
    http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/v...ov/163599.html

vCash
    Thank you for the news.

vCash
    let`s talk, thank you very much

Banned Member
    vCash
    New update and pics:
    http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/v...ov/174971.html
    What is it in Maxim's little keg/barrel? Kvass or mead? Together with red wine, weee.. what a hangover can be...
    Tatyana is very sexy in her grey dress. Together on the scooter they look like two hot lovers!!!
    They also said some words about Megasport. Having colorful seats is not actually good for skaters. So, Maxim asked people to come and sit on those seats!

vCash
    They look amazing in these pictures! Can't wait to see them skate in Moscow.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    It sounds like they have realistic goals; not setting themselves up for just winning a medal, but to do the best they can and present themselves the best they can.

They'll be in new skates (Max changed brands), and talking some about family at competitions (He hopes his don't come, because they seem to jinx him, except his girlfriend; Tanya's mother usually attends her events). She says the 2005 Worlds in Moscow was her first with Morosov, and now gets her first worlds in Moscow with her new partner
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    То Moscow!
    Dear readers, thank you so much for the kind words, wishes and support. It's really nice to read all that. We are getting ready for the home world championship and sharing our thoughts on the ISU decision.

Trankov: We did expect the championship to be held in Moscow. Out of all the cities that applied Moscow has a better change to organize it all.

Volosozhar: I remember the Worlds 2005 in Moscow. It was my first championship with a new partner - Stas Morozov. We were 10th. And a deja - vu now our first world championship with Maksim will be in Moscow as well! I remember how well everything was organized at 2005, I have only positive memories of that championship.

Trankov: We won the junior worlds championship with my previous partner at 2005 and I came to Moscow to support my friends. I remember the bus with the shuttle from the hotel to the rink was accompanied by a police car to make sure no one is late being stuck in the traffic.

Volosozhar: Not only we are glad the championship will be home, but also our relatives. Now they have a chance to come and see the competition. Russia is not Japan - they don't have to fly far, there will be no jetlag. On the other hand we get so much attention now, the press writes about us and set high hopes. It will make things harder.

Trankov: It is pressing on us. The home advantage is not necessarily an advantage and we have no clue yet how is it - skating home on a competition of that level.

Volosozhar: most importantly is to be able to prepare to the championship well. We don't set a goal to win a medal no matter what. Most importantly to show what have we learned during this year.

Trankov: We didn't cancel shows we were supposed to do which we told oyu about previous time. First of all we already signed the contracts, secondly we needed to show the programmes to the public. It've been a while since the last competition and the rink where we train doesn't have sits. An ability to skate in front of the crowd is something that one needs to train as well.

Volosozhar: Now we are working on the programmes. Cleaning something, working with the choreographer. We are not going to make them any harder - that's something to be done off season. Besides, our programmes are not easier than the other's.

Trankov: We will skate in our new boots. We decided not to go back to the old ones. Tanya got completely used to her new pair, but it's a bit harder for me. I switched a brand. I used to skate on SP-Terry, now it's Graf. Graf is lighter, the feeling is different and it's hard to get used to. But it's improving.

Volosozhar: we plan to try the Megasport ice in advance.

Trankov: Which is not easy either. Right before the championship there will be a tennis turnoument, which will end just 4 days before the competition. The workers will have to do impossible - to prepare the ice, put all the logos, set the commentators boots, the photographers zone...

Volosozhar: and create a training facility. There is one now, but it's too small for the pairs - we can't perform lifts or splits there.

Trankov: The multicoloured chairs are confusing. This is why the skaters dislike that venue. If the stolls are full it's allright, but if not - the skaters feel uncomfortable when performing the parallel jumps or spins - there is nothing to focus on. So please, dear figure skating fans, come to Megasport, fill it and with that help the skaters!

And now to the questions we were asked:
    Will your relatives come to the Worlds? Do you feel better when they are around and you feel their support or you'd rather thye remained in front of hte TV?

Trankov: I don't want my parents to come. It's a bad sign for me. It've been always like that - no matter where I skated if my parents came I couldn't hold it. I remember they came to Kazan. We were first after the SP, but I was unable to land a signle jump in the LP. I have no idea why it happens. If my girlfriend comes it's ok. I feel fine when she is on the rink.

Volosozhar: My mother will probably come. She often comes to the competition. But when you go on the ice you don't really think of your mother watching you. There are things on your mind.

Trankov: If it wasn't Moscow I'd like the championship to be held in Turino. Last year I skated there, Tanya skated there several times. There are great conditions, the hotel is right near the ice rink. The weather is always beautiful. The ice rink is nice. Lausanne would be a good choice as well.

Volosozhar: I've never been to Nice. And would love to go.
    That's it for now, see oyu later!
    Last edited by TAHbKA; 04-01-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    thanks for the translation!

I don't care where they finish. I'm just happy to see them compete. Of course, I hope they do well enough to get a couple of GP events.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Thanks TAHbKA!

Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Trankov: It is pressing on us. The home advantage is not necessarily an advantage and we have no clue yet how is it - skating home on a competition of that level.
    Yes, the pressure must be enormous now!
    I hope the nerves don't get the better of them.

I remember Tatiana Totmianina being quoted at the 2005 Moscow Worlds as saying after their LP "Now I know what pressure is!" For someone as calm as her, with so much experience and many medals to say so, the pressure at the home worlds must be something!

vCash
    Thanks for all the translations! These two seem to get along really well off-ice; must be a great benefit for a team, and a stark contrast to his last pairing.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I1mP3PKm0U
    New Exhibition program - Super Mario

vCash
    Awesome, I love it.

vCash
    That was so cute!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    How cute.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast