Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Unless Hao Zhang's finger fell off, I can't imagine why Zhang/Zhang wouldn't be at Worlds, challenging for a top 5 finish. Duhamel/Radford and maybe Hausch/Wende also have a chance at top 10, depending how they and the others skate, but other than that, there's not much there. Still, many things will have to go their way for the US to get three spots... It'd be really surprising if it happens.
    They weren't at Nationals and they won't be at the Asian Winter Games. I'm beginning to doubt that they will be at World's.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    The Zhangs arent on the entries list for 4CC . I think is safe to say they are out for the season. And China will lose the 3rd spot in Pairs too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    The Zhangs arent on the entries list for 4CC . I think is safe to say they are out for the season. And China will lose the 3rd spot in Pairs too
    Where did you see an entries list?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Where did you see an entries list?
    Link is now posted in the 4 Continents forum in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77409

ETA: I've also cross-posted the direct 4CC entries link in the 4CC thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...6&postcount=71
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-03-2011 at 02:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Link is now posted in the 4 Continents forum in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77409
    I believe in the Zhangs thread, started by JudgeJudy in the Trash Can, someone posted a quote by Yao Bin that the Zhangs were definitely out for the season.

vCash
    Its 13 or better.

vCash
    My prediction is Czisny will win the short program, then BOMB in the long program.

vCash
    All things being equal which they never are, the only two skaters who should beat Czisny are Kim and Asada, though I would expect that a clean Ando would bump Alissa due to technical content, though Alissa SHOULD destroy Miki on several of the PC components, but won't. Really no other lady is in the same class as these skaters though I'm sure Kostner will be imposed upon us per usual.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeanthony View Post
    My prediction is Czisny will win the short program, then BOMB in the long program.
    Just like she won the short program and then BOMBED at the Grand Prix Final.

Oh, wait...that didn't happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Just like she won the short program and then BOMBED at the Grand Prix Final.

Oh, wait...that didn't happen.
    Yeah actually, she's had more issues with her SHORT program this season than her FS, so I don't see that happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    All things being equal which they never are, the only two skaters who should beat Czisny are Kim and Asada, though I would expect that a clean Ando would bump Alissa due to technical content, though Alissa SHOULD destroy Miki on several of the PC components, but won't. Really no other lady is in the same class as these skaters though I'm sure Kostner will be imposed upon us per usual.
    Mostly agree although I'm dying to know what Kim will do, debuting at Worlds and all. ETA: http://www.universalsports.com/news/...id=516735.html Interview with Kim sounds positive anyway

What does Kostner being imposed on us mean?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post

I wondered about that, too.
    A replay of a time when her scores were often seemingly held up?
    I recall some complaints on the board about it..
    Last edited by geod2; 02-12-2011 at 09:06 PM.

vCash
    I guess I'm more optimistic than a lot of you -

Ladies: I see Czisny as a definite medal threat. Ando may be the biggest gold-medal threat depending on what shape Mao and YuNa are in. But I think Czisny will be up there with them. And I don't think Euro Ladies or Murakami are as a big a threat to Czisny as some of you are making them out to be. Did anyone see Korpi, Kostner, Makarova, Leonova at Euros?
    I'm a bit of an Leonova uber so I can't be objective. I hope she finishes on the podium, but probably not.
    If I were being objective, to me Kostner is the sleeper. She had a pretty consistent season even with a knee injury and impaired jump arsenal.

I also don't get the lack of love by Int'l judges for Flatt that some are supposing - she beat Kostner and Murakami in the LPs this Fall on the GP series while 1) injured 2) w/ no 3-3s, and 3) downgrades. She's ditched the crap SP for what some are arguing is a much better / more passionate program to EoE, too. She was practicing 7 triple practice runthroughs of the LP at nats, so I'd say her chances are bright
    Could it be similar to the lack of love from Rachael from some fans??
    But, obviously I hope she hits her peak at Worlds.
    The last impression she left in Int'l competition was GPF....ouch!

I guess I'm more optimistic than a lot of you -
    Great shot for 3 spots for 2012 IMO.
    I agree.
    When I look at the combinations of placements needed to equal 13 for the 2 U.S. Ladies, and based on their season and current level of fitness (physically and emotionally)
    the odds of success look like about 80%. That's far easier to predict than a medal for either one.
    IMO the U.S will get the 3 spots back and possibly no Ladies medals....I think a lot of U.S. fans would be really happy with that outcome....
    Alissa and Rachael have a lot of momentum and should hit the ice with every bit of confidence.

-
    Last edited by geod2; 02-12-2011 at 12:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geod2 View Post
    I'm a bit of an Leonova uber so I can't be objective. I hope she finishes on the podium, but probably not.
    If I were being objective, to me Kostner is the sleeper. She had a pretty consistent season even with a knee injury and impaired jump arsenal.

Could it be similar to the lack of love from Rachael from some fans??
    But, obviously I hope she hits her peak at Worlds.
    The last impression she left in Int'l competition was GPF....ouch!

I agree.
    When I look at the combinations of placements needed to equal 13 for the 2 U.S. Ladies, and based on their season and current level of fitness (physically and emotionally)
    the odds of success look like about 80%. That's far easier to predict than a medal for either one.
    IMO the U.S will get the 3 spots back and possibly no Ladies medals....I think a lot of U.S. fans would be really happy with that outcome....
    Alissa and Rachael have a lot of momentum and should hit the ice with every bit of confidence.

-
    I think Kostner w/ a 3t-3t and a 3l in the SP is a force to be reckoned with, and that will get her into the final group, but even w/o a 3f and 3z, she's still a headcase.

I for one would still be happy without a medal for US ladies, as long as they get 3 spots back for 2012.

I think Rachael is capable of putting the season behind her as she heads to Worlds and do what she does best- be consistent. If Czisny gets 4th behind all of Mao, YuNa and Miki, Rachael only needs 9th for 13 pts. Very doable

vCash
    I mean that Kostner's PCS scores are usually inflated based on the sole fact that she skates with a lot of speed, never mind the fact that she has absolutely no security or upper body control, making her appear as if she is about to fall over at any minute. Add to that poor carriage (which could categorized under body control but I think distinctive in the case of basic stroking as she is just fundamentally "bent over" with slouched shoulders and terrible arms), marginal difficulty, historically pedestrian choreography (though I will admit that this season is an improvement) and a lack of technical difficulty (this season) and this is what I mean with Kostner "being imposed" upon us.

vCash
    I mean that Kostner's PCS scores are usually inflated based on the sole fact that she skates with a lot of speed, never mind the fact that she has absolutely no security or upper body control, making her appear as if she is about to fall over at any minute. Add to that poor carriage (which could categorized under body control but I think distinctive in the case of basic stroking as she is just fundamentally "bent over" with slouched shoulders and terrible arms), marginal difficulty, historically pedestrian choreography (though I will admit that this season is an improvement) and a lack of technical difficulty (this season) and this is what I mean with Kostner "being imposed" upon us.
    No need to hold back, now....tell us how you really feel!

BTW, I agree with you about Kostner, but judges don't seem to mind .... if forced to choose, I'd rather watch Flatt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geod2 View Post
    No need to hold back, now....tell us how you really feel!
    Sorry but I reached my tipping point with Kostner's scores around 2008 Worlds and have been a "tad" vocal about them ever since.

vCash
    I like the men team, but I'm not really optimistic.
    Richard Dornbush is nothing more than a Joubert without quad, and even more unpolished.
    Ross Miner is a nice skater, but even at his best, I doubt he will be in the top 8.
    Ryan Bradley can do really well, but he also can bomb. But I hope he is working hard for those Worlds now that he is National champion.

We will see.

vCash
    Give Dornbush time to grow. He's almost 8 years younger than Joubert so he could end up a much better all around skater than Joubert.

vCash
    I hate Kostner's outstretched arms, as if she is reaching for a skyhook to help her stay on her feet when she jumps.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast