Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ditto !

Like Obi WAn , you may be our only hope...C'mon , Force !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Same with the Taiwan TV listings. If anyone can check those for any Four Continents coverage it would be very helpful.
    I have emailed my Ex who returned to Taipei to be near family; asked for her to check local TV, Web and Newspaper for listings for any local coverage of 4CC.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    I have emailed my Ex who returned to Taipei to be near family; asked for her to check local TV, Web and Newspaper for listings for any local coverage of 4CC.
    THANKS!

vCash
    HisWeirness: I talked with my ex tonight and she confirmed that the Taiwan Host Network Provider will both televise and web stream 4CC. She will provide me with the web address of the Local TV web stream overnight here. I will provide the info as soon as I get it.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    HisWeirness: I talked with my ex tonight and she confirmed that the Taiwan Host Network Provider will both televise and web stream 4CC. She will provide me with the web address of the Local TV web stream overnight here. I will provide the info as soon as I get it.
    Awesome. I only hope it's not geo-blocked!

vCash
    I downloaded keyhole, but it doesn't seem to work. Nothing to do with keyhole---and then people wonder why fs has so many fans. Hard to be a fan when you can't watch lots of the competitions.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    As requested, I've started a new thread just for the Four Continents TV and online coverage.

This thread can still be used for updates on Worlds coverage in the US.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Worlds Coverage Update:

I know some have been hoping for NBC coverage of Worlds.

The NBC sports schedule has been updated through April 3 and there is no Worlds coverage listed yet on NBC.

Universal Sports has promised in their advertising to have TV and online coverage of Worlds. The Universal Sports TV schedule has not been released yet.

vCash
    ^ Doesn't surprise me. I'm just hoping that UniSports streams the event so it can be watched online, and we don't have to worry about digging up some rogue feed elsewhere like we had to for 4CCs.

vCash
    Did UnivS live stream Worlds last year?

vCash
    They did, and free (post-Olympic attempt to draw subscribers?), though I imagine we won't be so lucky on that latter point this year.

vCash
    ^Thank you.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Right now Universal Sports' TV schedule shows the following:

Currently there are no Figure Skating events scheduled for coverage on Universal Sports TV.

Where's that 4CCs coverage they promised???

Don't worry, luckily this TV schedule only goes through March 9 so Worlds TV coverage should still be a go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Where's that 4CCs coverage they promised???

Don't worry, luckily this TV schedule only goes through March 9 so Worlds TV coverage should still be a go...
    Seems that their announcement of coverage of 4CC (dates and times to follow) was just to quell all the angry emails and tweets that they received asking why they made little to no effort to cover them in the first place.

IMHO, during the past half decade, Junior Worlds, Four Continents Championships, Synchro Skating in general & Synchro Worlds have been devoid of decent coverage within the U.S.A. Media only cares about certain Senior Level Events (nothing Junior Level); 4CC has been the bastard-child to U.S. networks, and UnivSports TV and .com and most media give a good crap about Synchro Worlds (which btw is one of the most exciting skating events to telecast/webcast).

vCash
    Well, TBH, the competition at 4CC has been quite lame until recent years. Until 4CC really gains some prestige, and A-teams from each country continue to be sent- I don't see this changing much.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    I don't know why the ISU sold/gave the rights to all of the ISU events (GP series minus Skate America plus all ISU championships [senior, junior, synchro]) to Universal Sports/NBC if US/NBC only intends to show GP series and Worlds. I guess it boils down to no one in the media/ISU really cares.

I think that US/NBC should pass the rights to the rest of these ISU events to icenetwork or some other entity so that these events can at least been seen in the USA instead of all Americans being in the dark.

Sorry for all of the complaints and rants, but I am really frustrated by this issue and that the USFS, icenetwork, US/NBC, ISU, powers-that-be et al. don't seem to be doing much about promoting skating coverage (tv/online) in the USA.

vCash
    You aren't alone in your frustration!

vCash
    What's most perplexing to me is why NBC bothers to go out of its way to show the less important GP series (with the exception of 1 event) and the Final, but not show the World Championships.

vCash
    Figure skating in the US is treated like a second class sport as far as coverage. We get a few crumbs of coverage and that is it. Thank goodness for skating forums and our neighbors who provide live feeds and links so that we are not totally in the dark.

We need to organize a protest and vocalize our right to have our sport televised. Who is with me? (jk)

vCash
    *shrugs* compared to a lot of other sports, I still think skating fans have it pretty good...there are so many others that get no coverage at all.

I suppose the reaction is natural since there used to be so much MORE coverage due to the boom in the 90s though...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast