Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SHERLOCKED
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    For those in Canada, CBC has now put a one hour slot in their schedule on February 19th for Four Continents.
    Thanks. It looks like it's going to be 4 to 5 pm EST and streamed at the same time. Interesting that the schedule says "LIVE"; I kind of doubt that! Maybe somebody will be live in the studio presenting it. I sure hope that we can get some more streaming than that from somewhere.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8sue View Post
    Thanks. It looks like it's going to be 4 to 5 pm EST and streamed at the same time. Interesting that the schedule says "LIVE"; I kind of doubt that! Maybe somebody will be live in the studio presenting it. I sure hope that we can get some more streaming than that from somewhere.
    Email CBC for Bold coverage and/or Skate Canada for live streaming on skatebuzz , ask for Bold coverage on CBC FB page, tweet about it - see this thread
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77456

Thanks

The coverage on Sat 19th will be ice dancing, but of course not live. The FD actually takes place overnight on Wed night Canada time. The live streaming is just another CBC mistake. There is nothing actually on until 4.30 EST on Saturday and it's the ladies free.
    Last edited by alilou; 02-05-2011 at 07:19 AM.

vCash
    So obviously CBC sees strong viewership for Virtue and Moir's competitive debut this season, plus of course how close a competition with Davis and White most expect it will be. I noted that my cable company's guide does have other figure skating listings for CBC but they are showing up as repeats of the Canadian gala, and Grand Prix final. Those may be incorrectly listed, one hopes, and actually be slots for more 4CC coverage (well except the Canadian Gala because that one is on this weekend). It wouldn't be the first time the skating details have been wrong in their listings.

vCash
    My guess is that CBC doesn't find it important enough to go on the main network other than a few highlights. Right now our only bonafide stars that transcend the sport are Chan and V/M....which is why I guess dance is the only set of highlights we'll get with Chan not participating.

Then you have CBC Bold. Whether it's Bold or cbcsports.ca the process I think is the same. Show it live but you need a host. The host would not get paid to travel there so they have to do it from Toronto. I'll bet you 50 bucks they couldn't talk PJ into staying up all night for a week to do commentary for the 23 fans in North America who wanted to stay up all night with her and watch it. The rest PVRed it I"m sure.

So logistically and financially methinks it just ended up not being worth it for CBC to take the time to manage a live broadcast from the other side of the world.

The only hope I'm guessing is if PJ works out her sched at the last minute and frees herself up to do a few overnight gigs. Fingers still crossed.

Last resort will be to look for some live internet feeds coming outta someplace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    I'll bet you 50 bucks they couldn't talk PJ into staying up all night for a week to do commentary for the 23 fans in North America who wanted to stay up all night with her and watch it.
    I think PJ would do it gladly. Someone once asked her is she got tired commentating on an entire competition from start to finish and she said never, she absolutely loved it.

And as to 23 fans - well, some of the other stuff they show on BOLD probably gets even less of an audience than that.

So logistically and financially methinks it just ended up not being worth it for CBC to take the time to manage a live broadcast from the other side of the world.
    The cost would be much less is PJ commentated from the studio in Toronto. But I don't expect that to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    And as to 23 fans - well, some of the other stuff they show on BOLD probably gets even less of an audience than that.
    I always worry that BOLD will fold at any minute. I keep my BOLD subscription beyond the skating season just to show my support.

BOLD's licence does not allow it to air unlimited sporting events and I wonder if coverage of the World Cup a few months ago limits the network to air other sports this year.

I remember when an entire flight of skaters was uninterrupted. Now, there's an abrupt 30-second commercial after the end of each skater. While annoying (and it makes editing the event a lot longer), I hope it means the network is more successful.

vCash
    Ok I'm about to give up on broadcast here.
    Anyone have any ideas about how to stream it live?

vCash
    STREAM it live? Justin.tv might work

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    I spent some time looking through Asian channels, but it is still too early to know yet because we are more than a week away from 4CCs.

I don't know if a station in Taiwan will broadcast 4CCs.

CCTV5 from China has shown 4CCs in the past, as well as SBS in Korea. Japan may show 4CCs as well.

Canadians should be in a much better situation with CBC and Bold because I remember last year that it was on Bold and sometimes someone was justin.tv-ing the Bold feed.

No indication of any coverage yet from Universal Sports TV/online.

vCash
    I saw in an ad for Skating Magazine that UniSports plans to stream live coverage of worlds as well as show it on TV. Don't know about 4CC though.

vCash
    Does anyone know if the Junior Worlds are going to be streamed online anywhere?
    Last edited by a56; 02-09-2011 at 01:29 AM.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    I saw in an ad for Skating Magazine that UniSports plans to stream live coverage of worlds as well as show it on TV. Don't know about 4CC though.
    Yes, I posted upthread about a similar ad that was in the Nationals program as well.

4CCs is going to be the competition that will be challenging to find coverage.

vCash
    CCTV5 from China has shown 4CCs in the past, as well as SBS in Korea. Japan may show 4CCs as well.
    JSports Plus in Japan shows men's and ladies' SP and FS for 4CC live during Feb 18-20 (pair, ice dance and exhibition will be taped broadcasting in March), but I doubt there is any on-line streaming.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    JSports Plus in Japan shows men's and ladies' SP and FS for 4CC live during Feb 18-20 (pair, ice dance and exhibition will be taped broadcasting in March), but I doubt there is any on-line streaming.
    Thanks. At least we can hope for some great youtube videos of this coverage because the Japanese fans are typically really good about making high quality videos quickly of FS events.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    There is a listing for coverage of Four Continents on the Fuji TV page here:
    http://www.fujitv.co...dex_figure.html

Can someone translate, please?
    Google is not enough!

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    We can know for sure now that 4CC will not be on Bold. At more or less the same time the Alpine Skiing World Championships will be on and Bold is showing that

Still hoping skatebuzz will get a live stream. (Skategods are you listening?)

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Fuji TV figureskating page

Fuji TV 4CCs schedule (Japan time)

18 Feb
    21:00 - 22:52 Men's SP

19 Feb
    19:57 - 23:30 Men's FS and Ladies SP

20 Feb
    19:00 - 20:54 Ladies FS

vCash
    HisWerness, I'm glad that my "surmise" of what it said was correct!

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    I emailed skatebuzz re a live stream and this is the reply I got....

"We are looking to finalize a deal to stream it. We should know by tomorrow…"

All fingers and toes crossed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    I emailed skatebuzz re a live stream and this is the reply I got....

"We are looking to finalize a deal to stream it. We should know by tomorrow…"

All fingers and toes crossed!
    thanks for the info.

I also hope it won't be geo-blocked for those who live on the other side of the globe!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast