Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^^ That was the Canadian team, and they finished 7th in SP, yet they showed the 10th place Canadian finishers? They showed places 1-6, 8 (Y&C), 10 and 11 (E&L, so I get this one, its a US network so showing the US skaters regardless of placement).

What surprised me was we actually saw all Top 13 Men's SP's (minus the freaking miscue on Amodio, online at least they cut back right at the end of his SP).

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    ^^ That was the Canadian team, and they finished 7th in SP, yet they showed the 10th place Canadian finishers? They showed places 1-6, 8 (Y&C), 10 and 11 (E&L, so I get this one, its a US network so showing the US skaters regardless of placement).
    They also chacked Berton & Hotarek (dumb move... they are quite photogenic!) who were 9th, and even omitted their names from the standings at the end. They listed everyone through 8th, then MT&M in 10th and E&L in 11th.If you didn't look closely you'd think those teams finished 9th and 10th.

vCash
    I think Volozhar (sp)/Trankov were underrated. They were so perfectly synchronized it was hypnotic. I could have watched them all night and pairs is my least favorite discipline. I get that Pang/Tong and Savchenko/Szolkowy do more difficult stuff, but I wasn't feeling the love for them that Peter Carruthers was. Some of their flexibility moves are just dorky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    It would have been nice to see the complete program of the guy who got his nose broken by his pairs partner's elbow though. Maybe he isn't American or is in the top group, but anyone who finishes his program with broken bones deserves to have it shown on tv!: eek:
    Aliceann, they showed Duhamel/Radford's full LP, the next day.

Again - kudos to UnivSports for their first-rate coverage. It was especially touching to have Judy Blumberg calling the action during Saturday's historic free dances. She knows a thing or two about the frustration of American ice dancers at past Worlds esp. vis-a-vis USSR judges and competitors.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910