Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    enjoying neverland.
    vCash

Worlds/Four Continents (U.S.) T.V. schedule??? - UPDATED for new Worlds sched

I have been unable to find any t.v. schedule (U.S.) for four continents or worlds.

I don't know if I am completely missing something and it's right in front of my face...or if the schedule has just not been announced yet.

So, if it is just that I have totally overlooked something could someone point me in the direction of where a schedule is listed?

And, if it has not been posted, sorry for a silly post.

vCash
    Salsalicious, our fellow-poster, His Weirness, maintains this wonderful schedule of TV and on-line broadcasts of skating events:

http://sites.google.com/site/figureskatingnotes/

So far, only the general dates for the Universal Sports TV airing of Worlds is shown. Many of us are hoping-against-hope that UnivSports might have a summary-style show(s) of Europeans in the coming days, as well as some sort of summary of 4Cs, soon after the event. Nothing so far, though. UnivSports was fantastic through the G-P events this fall but showed no live or unique-taped US Nationals, as in the past, due to a new contractual agreement between USFA and IceNetwork.com, granting IN exclusive rights to air live portions of US Natls whenever NBC wasn't airing them. Hopefully we won't run into this for 4Cs and/or last week's Europeans can be aired uniquely on UnivSports a few days after the fact.

enjoying neverland.
    vCash
    Thanks so much Frau Muller!

One more question, do you happen to know if UnivSports will be the only carrier of Worlds or will NBC be airing their usual condensed version of the competition?

Sorry to be so out of the loop

vCash
    I hope Worlds is shown on NBC!! i hate not having Universal sports!!

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    I am pretty confident Universal Sports will be showing Worlds.

In the US Nationals program there is a Universal Sports ad for Worlds that says:

"TV Coverage on Universal Sports Network and
    Live Streaming on UniversalSports.com starts this March"

My thoughts:
    The "live streaming" coverage will likely be a paid subscription service (I'm guessing $10-15?)

From the ad it looks like NBC is not planning to broadcast Worlds. NBC should release their sports schedule for late March in mid-February.
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 02-01-2011 at 06:55 AM.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joemauerlover View Post
    Don't count on it. They didn't show any last year on NBC; I think its Universal Sports only, no network coverage at all. I don't get Universal Sports either and it ticks me off too. Even worse is I read my cable operator was offered the channel and turned it down.

vCash
    Is there any information about where (or if) Four Continents coverage will be available for US viewers?

vCash
    I would not be surprised if UniSports handled Worlds the same way they handled Gymnastics Worlds back a few months ago. Live coverage for all events except prelims streamed online for a 10$ fee (which, ironically enough, I got refunded due to them making a HUGE mistake during one event that resulted in having no live feed for an hour or two of the competition), and then they showed taped, slightly condensed coverage on the TV in the evening.

Not a bad arrangement if that is what happens, but I don't know how likely I'd be to spring for the premium coverage after what happened in October. )

vCash
    Ice Network will not have any streaming, Live or on-demand, as they do not have rights to cover it. I can only assume that UniversalSports.com has web rights in the USA.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Does anybody have information whether there would be a way to watch Junior Worlds? It is shaping up to be very exciting.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    Ice Network will not have any streaming, Live or on-demand, as they do not have rights to cover it. I can only assume that UniversalSports.com has web rights in the USA.
    What?? I thought they'd at least have 4CCs. This sucks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joemauerlover View Post
    Me too.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Does anybody have information whether there would be a way to watch Junior Worlds? It is shaping up to be very exciting.
    I could (almost) swear I remember watching Junior Worlds on Ice Network in the past? Maayybbee ... I watched it somewhere online anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I could (almost) swear I remember watching Junior Worlds on Ice Network in the past? Maayybbee ... I watched it somewhere online anyway.
    Icenetwork showed it in the past , but it's not listed this year. Unless they want to surprise us.
    4CC and Junior Worlds are very interesting this year! I hope somebody streams them!
    Worlds are easier. Russians will show it, Universal Sports probably, as well; no worries on that front.
    improving my ballad- like lines

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Watching Worlds will be no major challenge. Universal Sports will have live online coverage and there are always the Russian, Euro, etc. options as well.

4CCs may be a challenge to watch. Right now there is nothing indicating Universal Sports will show any coverage, but it is still too soon to know for sure. We may have to piece together coverage from CCTV, the Taiwan broadcaster, any Canadian coverage, and Japanese TV. Last year (2010) most of the coverage was from CCTV, canadian BOLD and the Korean networks (remember the split screens on the spins?) until Universal Sports showed some taped 4CCs coverage a week or two later.

I know that icenetwork.com streamed junior worlds live in partnership with the ISU back in 2008 (no geoblock) and in 2009 on their own (geoblocked). It was great (for those in the US).

For 2010 Jr. Worlds we at first just had to go with the videos of the top finishers that were posted by the host's website until more videos came out over the web.

icenetwork.com nowadays is sticking to USFSA events only, plus the GP coverage this previous fall. As I and many others have said many times, Universal Sports/NBC hold the TV + online rights to ISU Championships and the GP Series (minus Skate America, which is negotiated separately with USFSA).
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 02-03-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    For those in Canada, CBC has now put a one hour slot in their schedule on February 19th for Four Continents.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    ^ It seems odd that there won't be a major network covering Worlds. That would be a first. It's been that way since my childhood! I certainly hope NBC carries Worlds because I'm S.O.L. if they don't. I have AT & T U-Verse and they don't carry Universal Sports.

vCash
    IIRC there was no network coverage of Worlds last year...nor was there any in 2005, 2006 or 2007.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    IIRC there was no network coverage of Worlds last year...nor was there any in 2005, 2006 or 2007.
    Come to think of it, maybe I saw it on Universal Sports last year when I had Comcast. I don't remember.

2005 - 07 - ESPN?

vCash
    Yes, but I'm talking NETWORK TV as in broadcast TV.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast