Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    I'm not sure about Carolina ever having an LP where she landed all of her planned content - she managed 6 triples at the 2003 European Championships Free Skate
    I wonder how much she would score for a LP like that nowadays. This year's beautiful LP plus those jumps...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    I'm not sure about Carolina ever having an LP where she landed all of her planned content - she managed 6 triples at the 2003 European Championships Free Skate
    Omg she reminds me so much of Polina Shelepen in that video. Same build, same jumping style with the 3-3s, same flexible but kind of messy spins. Wow.

vCash
    I'd like to add Philippe Candeloro's 2nd Olympic bronze. He had a couple of bad seasons behind him and there were at least five skaters that most of us thought of being beyond his reach: Stojko, Eldredge, Kulik, Urmanov and Yagudin. Then Urmanov was out because of injury, Yagudin fell ill and Eldredge fell apart. Candeloro had the skate of his life and was really worthy of that medal. (btw, I'm not a fan of his, just that one skate.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Oh great, another reason for Fumie to compete next year
    Have a Great Day

vCash
    Denkova /Staviski-they had few ups and downs too - after Denkova's major injury in 2000 in 3 years they climbed to second place in 2004 EC and 2004 WC, the following year wasn,t very succesful but after switching their coaching team they became World Cahmpions in 2006 and 2007 at age of 32-33 for Albena and 29-30 for Maxim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vivika1982 View Post
    Denkova /Staviski-they had few ups and downs too - after Denkova's major injury in 2000 in 3 years they climbed to second place in 2004 EC and 2004 WC, the following year wasn,t very succesful but after switching their coaching team they became World Cahmpions in 2006 and 2007 at age of 32-33 for Albena and 29-30 for Maxim.

That really was a great achievement. After the Worlds 2005 in Moscow, I was really sure that they were done. I have seldom been so happy for being wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vivika1982 View Post
    Well, I don't consider it as amazing, since IMO, I think it was normal considering their talent. I would have loved to see them achieving better : an olympic medal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Well, I don't consider it as amazing, since IMO, I think it was normal considering their talent. I would have loved to see them achieving better : an olympic medal.
    Olympic medal is always an amazing achievment indeed not only for them but for everyone mentioned in this thread.However,sometimes talent and hard work are not enough especially in Ice Dance.I still think they did something extraordinary considering that they were coming from small Federation ,went trough many obstacles but didn't give up and settle with the "Has been"status.

Blergh
    vCash
    I don't anyone would have predicted Denkova/Staviski to win Worlds two years in a row after Torino. They seemed to be on their way out then one month later, they beat teams that handily beat them in Torino.

A conspiracy theorist could have a field day with that, but you know
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Irina Slutskaya.

I remember when she was 14 she was considered the next great thing because of her jumping and outgoing performance personality. Then she had a few awkward growth years (Like Baiul and Meissner) where she gained a lot of weight, couldn't jump, and lost her confidence. Everyone wrote her off as another puberty victim. Then she reappeared and became one of the women to beat. In her 20's she won an Olympic silver and a World Championship.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234