Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Khoklova/Andreev- any fans? or just hate?

There is sooooo much K/A hate...does anyone actually support them? I feel like there has been so much negativity towards them since the beginning. It gets old.

To that end, GOOOOOOOOO Khoklova/Andreev!!!!!! Your FS is well, not bad, and I like parts of it.
    Last edited by haribobo; 12-29-2010 at 02:20 AM.

vCash
    There seem to be a few supporters in their thread in GSD (started in May and now 40 pages and still going strong! ) I guess this thread can take over once the 1000th post is reached in that one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    To that end, GOOOOOOOOO Khoklova/Andreev!!!!!! Your FS is cool and I like it.
    Free DANCE. Get it right!

I'm actually afraid to watch their performances from the competition because of all of the . But I will get around to it..

vCash
    I think they look good together and had really nice chemistry. And I enjoyed their FD. For a guy he has lovely leg extension and posture. I liked Jana just wearing something simple because it didn't detract from the skating.

But they look like a new team. There is a real lack of complexity in the holds - a lot of hand to hand and pulling each other through. It looks like it has been kept simple with a plan just to get them working together and putting something out there.

Also although he may have passed the test and is competing at Senior level in ice dance, it doesn't make him a dancer yet. He will need to work hard to get to her level. He doesn't quite have the flow of edge she does. But that is not to say that he won't get there. It will require a lot of work and dedication.

This is a transition year for them both but I hope they keep at it. Because for me the potential is there. It has to be a long term plan because it is very rare for a dance team to hit their straps and be at the top in the first season.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I liked Jana just wearing something simple because it didn't detract from the skating.
    My stars, agreed 100%! She looked fabulous.

vCash
    I love them!! They are a work in progress but i think they have good speed and the connexion between them is fabulous. With what they did after only 6 month i can't wait to see them next year!!

vCash
    Fan here.

vCash
    I like them.

vCash
    Definately a work in progress.
    He looks like he's putting his all into it, and good for him. I don't care for the music to the short dance, but I agree with Aussie Willy:
    HTML Code:
    But they look like a new team. There is a real lack of complexity in the holds - a lot of hand to hand and pulling each other through. It looks like it has been kept simple with a plan just to get them working together and putting something out there.
    It looks like she's supporting him and that shouldn't be seen to the common person. Dance is not my strong suit, but I do see some hope. They need more time together - like side by side together. Also Fedor looked stiff = meaning nervous.
    I'm anxious to see them in the future.

vCash
    Their Nationals FD was much better than their earlier performance. The leg lines, while still not great, were much better and matched more.

They still look like a new team, but I don't think anyone was expecting much more than that at this point. They do have some good aspects though - his twizzles are quite good, and they do seem to have good speed and flow. And they connect well.

I find he doesn't look quite glaringly like a singles skater trying to dance, instead more like a junior dancer, trying to dance with a senior dancer, which means there's a lot of promise there.

IMO they can decently do the skills together (based on their levels), it's the quality that needs to be worked on, and that comes with time and experience.

Plus, it's just plain awesome to see Fedor competing (even if his awesome triple axel isn't included in the programs).

vCash
    I have enjoyed what I have seen from -what I agree is- a team that looks like a new team with good chemistry and a good deal of potential.

I understand that it is frustrating for her fans to see her start at this level with him - but I do look forward to seeing where they can be this time next year and the year after and so on- if they stick with it together.

I have always liked them both and the journey ahead of them intrigues me.

vCash
    Love them or hate them, I'm in the middle

I blame Jana and Fedor because I'm splitting in two personalities:

My positive side hopes that they improve and improve, and then rock the next season. Also it's charmed with their romantic chemistry (hoping a real romance and babies )

My negative side is crying because it'll be too hard for them enter into the dance elite and they need really hard work for conquer a place in the Russian podium.
    Yes, it's frustrating see her start all again.

But I'm officially a fan (a worried and desperate fan). I still love Jana, and I will (must) learn to love Fedor

And, only for increase the drama, Novitski's opinion about RNats

http://translate.google.com/translat...indexshortnews

ELENA VAYTSEHOVSKOY BLOG:

http://translate.google.com/translat...post145606864/

I love this part
    Now I see a woman. Look at the way, who did not see how Fyodor at the beginning of the program puts Jan's head on his shoulder. Here is such a huge, stately, handsome man comes, puts her head a little woman on the shoulder ... Somehow, I remembered at that moment, "White Fang" by Jack London - the scene where the wolf was first domesticated pressed against the owner's head and said something like: "This he expressed boundless confidence, humility and as if to say:" I give myself into your hands . Do with me as you want. "
    google translate is bad, but the coment is really good
    Last edited by Ituriel; 12-29-2010 at 03:18 PM.

vCash
    As skeptical as I was about them teaming up, I saw the video of their FD at Russians and I enjoyed it. The music helped a lot but I don't think they embarrassed themselves at all. Really not bad at all for only working together such a short time.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I like them, I hope they work hard and do well.

vCash
    I suppose one of the reasons for the hate is the very high profile they have relative to their abilities. Other skaters have worked very hard but do not get this kind of media attention.

I find their free dance to be a disappointment. The music and the choreography are simple and dull. Not as painful-to-watch as Gorshkova/Butikov's free dance, but certainly not up to the level of the top 3 Russian teams. I am surprised that they were ahead of Ilynikh/Katsaparov in FD scores.

vCash
    I'll admit that I have found this story very intriguing. It's kind of a Cinderella story or Cinder-fella in which Jana is the princess. But the fact that Fedor is not an unknown singles skater and his mother is a world class dance coach differs from the traditional Cinderella story line. I think even most "haters" would have to agree that it is the characters and these connections that make this team and their development so interesting to follow. If Jana had teamed up with someone who was totally unknown, it would not be interesting. I even think that if she had teamed up with another known former singles skater it would still be less interesting. So, I don't mind the technical inadequacies of Fedor; I just like watching the plot unfold.

Wherever the beautiful and artistic male skaters are! :-D
    vCash
    I would say that I'm a supporter (but not a fan) of this pairing. Just as there are people who miss Jana being part of an elite-level ice dance team, I miss Fedor being a hot mess Candian singles skater. As a discipline, ice dancing will always be a distant second to the men's event for me, so my Fedor Fanaticism is now somewhat muted (though I'm sure some FSUers consider that to be a good thing ). That being said, I really enjoyed K/A's Beatles FD , and I think they possess a lot of potential to become great show skaters. I'm interested in seeing how their career will progress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    There is sooooo much K/A hate...does anyone actually support them? I feel like there has been so much negativity towards them since the beginning. It gets old.

To that end, GOOOOOOOOO Khoklova/Andreev!!!!!! Your FS is well, not bad, and I like parts of it.
    Come on now.

1) He makes Maurizio Margaglio look great

2) Their FD is totally empty and skated far apart, in open holds (or no holds)

I guess we should rejoice that Jana doesn't do splits all the time any more but still - at present they are a joke team and the way they've been politicked at Russian Nationals was just revolting. It was clear that Russian Fed wanted to get in Zueva's good books.

vCash
    On a superficial note, it was nice to see Jana skating with someone who didn't badly need a haircut and shave. But skating-wise, she looked so good and he was so stiff I found myself wishing she could have teamed up with Oksana Domnina instead.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    part of me likes them partially because they seem to drive everyone batty - especially those who haven't even seen them .. yet hated them in advance
    I'm not a dance technic but I found their FD entertaining with its 'tricks'.. and Khoklova is very good.. I agree Andreev not in the same league as a Moir or White
    but I enjoyed their connection and the emotions expressed, I'm more curious to see if Andreev actually sticks around for this project and for once attain his potential
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast