Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 SAG Awards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    Mila Kunis looks freaking amazing. I'm in love with that dress.
    She's stunning and that dress

I may or may not have a mild girlcrush on Mila

The other looks on the other hand...I like Lea Michele's dress, but not her hair or shoes. I normally love how Dianna Agron looks, but this time she looks like she's going to prom. Jennifer Lawrence was tragic. Nicole Kidman's dress is so wrong I don't know where to start. January Jones just tries too hard.

I also thought Amber Riley looked stunning. She doesn't have the easiest body type to dress, but she tends to always look gorgeous. Julianna Margulies was simple but so elegant.
    Last edited by oleada; 01-31-2011 at 06:06 AM.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I'm gay and I have a crush on Mila! I always have, since her days on That 70's Show.

-Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Elena Ilinykh and Mila Kunis could be twins! It's ridiculous. Maybe they wouldn't look as alike if I saw them side by side, but when just seeing a picture or one or the other, they seem practically identical!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I like Natalie Portman's column dress but more room should have been allowed for the baby bump. Love her hair and make up.
    Not sure why everyone is going ooh aah over Mila's dress--may be it looks better on TV? Her hair looks pretty.

Like the looks of Hillary Swank, Amy Adams and Sofia Vergara. Dislike Jane Lynch, Kim Kardashian, Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Lawrence and Le Gasp! Helena Bonham Carter.

We'd all die of shock if HBC showed up looking decent just once.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I loved Claire Danes's dress!

vCash
    Compared to the Golden Globes, I thought HBC looked halfway decent. The hair could have been a little neater, but at least this time it looks like she made an effort.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Anyone dissing Alec Baldwin winning awards is obviously NOT watching 30 Rock. He has been and is perfection in his role. The expert farce writing and supporting cast are excellent, but the show is nothing without AB (and the Jack/Liz relationship).

I'm sure that the other guys are terrific in their roles as well, but if they're better than Baldwin -- they're beyond perfect, and I should be watching those shows!

Speaking of 30 Rock: It's not chatted about here much (sigh, I've failed to keep threads alive on it), but it's having an amazing season. Huge recovery from what seemed to be the beginning of the end season, last season.

And, Tina Fey looked terrific in her red strapless number, last night.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    for modern family winning the best comedy ensemble. They really, really are.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    It amused me that TKS won for ensemble acting when just one actor won, whereas two won for The Fighter. Technically, wouldn't that mean that The Fighter's cast was a bit better?
    No. It's not just based on the nominees. It's the ensemble. Plus, TKS won in lead actor whereas The Fighter won in supporting roles and their lead actor didn't even get a nomination. Honestly, I think you could make a case for either one. Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush, and Helena Bonham Carter really were fabulous, and I think the rest of the supporting cast probably was stronger than their counterparts in The Fighter. But, definitely kudos to Bale, Leo, and Adams.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Great dress and she is stunning but ... holy unfortunate photo composition, batman, the velvet ropes in the background look like some bizzare belt or body chains!

vCash
    It amused me that TKS won for ensemble acting when just one actor won, whereas two won for The Fighter. Technically, wouldn't that mean that The Fighter's cast was a bit better?

I was kind of disappointed that Natalie Portman was so coherent tonight. We didn't get any babble about her director causing her to get really skinny and indirectly causing her to get fat, or about how her fiance really wanted to have sex with her... boo!

And what the hell, Jesus Bale is gone!

I don't think the ensemble award is based on how many awards were won by the movie, but rather to how it contributed to the overall picture. I don't really have a list of the criteria, but this is my interpretation of it.

ITA about Natalie. Her babble about her personal life was getting really annoying. It's good she got rid of that.

vCash
    I'm watching the E! Fashion Police, and Joan is I also like Kelly Osbourne as a foil. Loving Kelly more and more each time because she's actually constructive and am surprised by how often I find myself nodding my head along with the advice she's giving.

I could do without the other two, they don't seem to add a lot except to act like they're shocked by Joan. Loved and this comment about Claire Danes (paraphrased): She's been looking beautiful on every red carpet because she's sitting next to Temple Grandin. Since Temple Grandin's not here, they put her next to Helena Bonham Carter.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I'm watching the E! Fashion Police, and Joan is I also like Kelly Osbourne as a foil. Loving Kelly more and more each time because she's actually constructive and am surprised by how often I find myself nodding my head along with the advice she's giving.
    I love Kelly. Wish they'd get rid of Rancid and the other person, and have someone like Tom and Lorenzo, and then we'd be set.

ETA: "If the Glee girls keep this up, I might able to tell them apart"
    On Lea Michele: "She's like a young Barbara Streisand that people actually want to f*ck"

Joan, I love you.
    Last edited by oleada; 02-01-2011 at 03:43 AM.

vCash
    Best dressed:

Rancid picks Mila Kunis, George picks Amber Riley and Kelly picks Lea Michele. Joan calls Rancid & Kelly as crazy as the last hour of Black Swan, and picks Amber Riley.

Worst Dressed:
    Rancid picks Christina Hendricks, George picks Jenna Fischer and Kelly picks Winona Ryder. Joan agrees with Rancid and Christina Hendricks it is.
    Last edited by oleada; 02-01-2011 at 04:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    The other looks on the other hand...I like Lea Michele's dress, but not her hair or shoes.
    I hate Lea Michele's face... I mean, not her face itself, but the expression she insists on making absolutely every time she is photographed.

vCash
    By the way, when Joan Rivers made that joke about only two out of the three women who work for Comcast/NBC (Joan, Chelsea Handler, Tina Fey) being funny, is it Fey or Handler she doesn't think is funny?

And whatever happened to Fashion Police's Peter Ishkhans? Although both he and Rivers on the same panel would be a little too . And I certainly don't miss Jay Manuel.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2437233/

http://twitter.com/peter_ishkhans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    By the way, when Joan Rivers made that joke about only two out of the three women who work for Comcast/NBC (Joan, Chelsea Handler, Tina Fey) being funny, is it Fey or Handler she doesn't think is funny?
    It's Handler. Joan's "gone there" before. Plus, she is def. a Fey fangirl.

I and Joan's joke about Hilary Swank --"I love when she softens her look ... it makes us think maybe she doesn't really have a p---s" ......... And then, later, "we've seen her on screen as a boxer, as a man, and [I think I heard -- it was drowned out by one of the others talking] of course, playing a horse."

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    The Fighter would have won best ensemble, but Mark Wahlberg's presence dragged them all down into last place.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I loved Mark Wahlberg in The Fighter. I thought he did very well. So there.

vCash
    I was disappointed with SAG Fashion Police. It just seemed missing. There was no talk about the men, no focus on jewellery and little on hair. Three things I like to see. And while Kelly Osbourne does say some good things. I couldn't get pass the awful bright pink lips and those tattoos on her arms.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast