Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

vCash
    What was odd was that at 4CC's, quite a few of the top teams lost a level in GW segment 1, not segment 2. This was the opposite of every other competition. I'm sure the technical committee will be able to explain to the skaters what went wrong there.

I just downloaded their FD and it looked better, from the emotion/tango point of view than their nationals performance. I'm hoping that a vid from the Canadian broadcast will surface, in high quality!
    Last edited by DORISPULASKI; 02-18-2011 at 09:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ambern024 View Post
    With each new performance I love their fd more. Meryl's expression is perfect! I still think Charlies could drastically improve but it has gotten better. I just so badly want to see him out there looking like he wants to devour her and just completely take control of her! Great FD though!
    Like the man should in a tango! Does that still apply to the Argentine tango?
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I think so

But I'm just happy to see Charlie using his head and neck much better in the FD!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I think so

But I'm just happy to see Charlie using his head and neck much better in the FD!
    Agree with this. Hopefully we'll get some good quality vids even though I appreciate the ones we've seen!

I love their ending pose. I was thinking of their ending poses...my favorite is S&D, it was perfect for both of them. I liked POTO, too and I loved how they turned from each other at the end of ER. And of course I loved their ending pose for the Indian OD, now that was perfection.

vCash
    I just downloaded their FD and it looked better, from the emotion/tango point of view than their nationals performance. I'm hoping that a vid from the Canadian broadcast will surface, in high quality!
    I think it looked AMAZING! What everyone fusses about with them, I honestly don't know. Speed, power, passion -- it was all there.

I don't know what people want from them. If they skated to "Swan Lake," I think people wouldn't be satisfied unless Meryl actually morphed into a swan a la Natalie Portman.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I think it looked AMAZING! What everyone fusses about with them, I honestly don't know. Speed, power, passion -- it was all there.

I don't know what people want from them. If they skated to "Swan Lake," I think people wouldn't be satisfied unless Meryl actually morphed into a swan a la Natalie Portman.
    Too true.

Those of us that love them appreciate all that they do. I am so impressed with how they have worked this FD to get it to the best possible tango they can put out there. I agree that the speed, power, and passion was all there. Can they do more? Sure, I think they can. But it's already amazing and I've appreciated every single performance.

vCash
    http://goldenskate.com/articles/2010/images/4cc_fd.jpg

Both of them looking Tango Fierce in this picture

(Love the way Meryl's dress looks now )

vCash
    Thanks, Doris! I love Meryl's dress, too...the cut is perfect for her body and they added more bling. It's a gorgeous dress to see live and I'm so glad she tweaked it and is using it again.

Charlie looks really good in black but I sure did love that red shirt...

I know a place...
    vCash
    http://goldenskate.com/articles/2010/images/4cc_fd.jpg

Both of them looking Tango Fierce in this picture

(Love the way Meryl's dress looks now )
    The link doesn't work for me. I just get a 403 error.

vCash
    It's the picture with this article
    http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2010/4cc_fd.shtml

vCash
    Great picture! Thanks for the link!

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenji124 View Post
    I'm sure Scott feels really brought down by Tessa with that Olympic and World gold medal he has because she was his partner. Injuries happen, she's fought and competed with the pain before and probably thought she could do it again. We don't know exactly what she was feeling and it was smart for her to stop if she thought the injury could become worse. She knows her body the best and she is probably more in tune with it now because she knows what having an injury feels like.
    She said in her interview that she felt the pain long before they even left for Taipei. Shouldn't she have been listening to her body then? PJ even says it was a big risk for them to go to 4CC's... meaning it was an unnecessary competition for them with her not being 100%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    She said in her interview that she felt the pain long before they even left for Taipei. Shouldn't she have been listening to her body then? PJ even says it was a big risk for them to go to 4CC's... meaning it was an unnecessary competition for them with her not being 100%.
    I don't understand why you feel the need to continue this discussion of Tessa in the Davis and White thread instead of the 4CC FD thread or the Virtue and Moir thread. Plenty of people are discussing Tessa's injury in both places.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I don't understand why you feel the need to continue this discussion of Tessa in the Davis and White thread instead of the 4CC FD thread or the Virtue and Moir thread. Plenty of people are discussing Tessa's injury in both places.
    I don't understand why people have the need to respond to anything I say if it's not in the appropriate thread. If there is a response to me, I will say something where the response is.

Furthermore, how can there be a discussion of either team, without mention of the other? They wouldn't exist in their current form without each other. Love fests are not much of a discussion.

vCash
    Someone start a Tessa's injury thread and let this thread get back to D/W

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens
    Furthermore, how can there be a discussion of either team, without mention of the other? They wouldn't exist in their current form without each other. Love fests are not much of a discussion.
    Hmmm...

We try on this thread to not make it simply a "lovefest". We discuss many things but usually in relation to Meryl and Charlie....costumes, programs, music ideas, etc...certainly the fact that they are friends and training partners of V/M, not to mention the rivalry, V/M do get brought into the conversation sometimes. But it's not our primary motivation.

vCash
    I just watched a video of Meryl and Charlie's FD. The video is poor quality but M/C's skating was top notch! I love how they have improved this since Nationals. The part where they stop and Charlie puts out his hand for Meryl to take is smokin'!!

In the video I saw of the SD it really looked like they had a bit of an off day. They have skated this better.

I am confident that by the time we see them at Worlds they will be spot-on!

vCash
    I just watched a video of Meryl and Charlie's FD. The video is poor quality but M/C's skating was top notch! I love how they have improved this since Nationals. The part where they stop and Charlie puts out his hand for Meryl to take is smokin'!!

In the video I saw of the SD it really looked like they had a bit of an off day. They have skated this better.

I am confident that by the time we see them at Worlds they will be spot-on!

vCash
    I agree, I am really impressed by the free dance now. You can tell how hard they've worked on every bit of it. I am totally in love with the music they changed as well, it makes for a much more cohesive program.

vCash
    Not sure if this one was posted earlier…the video quality is more tolerable and the audio/video is in sync.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hySbZf2fFdU

I noticed a choreo change at ≈2.02 and a slight stumble from Charlie at ≈3:05. It is amazing how far this has come since I first saw the NHK version. I really like this FD

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast