Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Although they are showing it in basically random order.
    Yeah, didn't they already show the silver medalist in mens? And now they're showing third place pairs. I'm watching all of it to be on the safe side.

vCash
    That was so cute! It's nice to see something light-hearted from them.

vCash
    at the Truth Booth interview. Love the new exhibition! Its very cute and something different from them.

vCash
    It was such fun watching the exhibition on tv and remembering how awesome it was to see it live! Hope you guys enjoyed M&C's new exhibition...I adored it the first time around and loved it here, too. I so enjoy seeing them do light-hearted and fun, and Charlie in those glasses was great. Meryl's dress was beautiful. LOVED their truth booth segment...Meryl's "guess we won't go with that"...talking about Charlie announcing their retirement in the intro (he thought it would be funny). Meryl said "we are NOT retiring"! Yay!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    How could I not love that Ryan Bradley winning was Meryl's favorite thing, other than their win?

The exhibition was great too.

vCash
    I recorded my tv screen using my camera, so here's a very low-tech copy of their exhibition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b894_oD3BEg. I apologize for adjusting the sound a few times, I wasn't sure if it would come out too loud or too soft enough.

I thought I saw a part from Beyond the Sea (the midline?) and even parts of Kalinka in here. I'll have to watch it again, then. I thought it was such a cute little exhibition, a nice step into funny fare for them. Is the top of Meryl's dress the same one from the showcase TheatreGirl went to months ago?

Also, I love how they run out of the Truth Booth at the end. I remember last year they just looked at each with an "OMG this is so awkward" grin.

vCash
    Who else prefers the design of the earlier tango dress (GPF) to the one Meryl wore for Nationals (AKA the tango OD dress 06-07)? I love the simplicity and sexiness of the spaghetti-strap one. If they wanted more color then they should make the same design in a more intense (blood red?) color. The other dress is a bit too prom-ish for my taste. Although of course the gal looks beautiful in just about anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Who else prefers the design of the earlier tango dress (GPF) to the one Meryl wore for Nationals (AKA the tango OD dress 06-07)? I love the simplicity and sexiness of the spaghetti-strap one. If they wanted more color then they should make the same design in a more intense (blood red?) color. The other dress is a bit too prom-ish for my taste. Although of course the gal looks beautiful in just about anything.
    I love the tango OD dress but it doesn't make any sense for this program. The GPF one makes much more sense with what they're trying to show, I really hope she goes back to it. The GPF dress is not as dark in real life as it seems on video too - the black sparkles hide the dark, rich burgundy color when seen at a distance on tv. The sparkles also disappear on camera. I am now a fan of the dress after seeing it in real life. I like the idea of making it in a more intense color if needed. If there were any other criticism I had with it, it's that I miss seeing Meryl in a skirt with movement, but maybe they could alter the GPF dress just a tad to create that illusion. Not too big of a skirt, because I think they were going for slinkiness here.

I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches made her wear the old costume, I can't see Meryl wanting to wear an old one. This is totally fangirly (and I apologize), but Meryl is absolutely STUNNING in person. I always thought she was super pretty, but she's even more so in real life. It needs to be said. Especially in the FD costumes, I kept trying to not stare but she is just drop dead gorgeous with the make-up and hair and everything. I could hear someone behind me at one point comment that Meryl looked like a Disney princess and I laughed. Oh, yet another person.

Oh and I think they should let Charlie try out the burgundy shirt at 4CCs.

vCash
    High quality version of their exhibition posted by someone else: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgcqP6O33-8

My low-tech copy of the interview with Andrea Joyce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csyEcxSY2JY. I missed the first few seconds. I think Andrea asked how they felt about their 3rd win.

Watching the exhibition again, I get that it's supposed to be a nerd in love with a girl, but I think it'd be even funnier and cuter if Meryl wore the nerd glasses too. Nerd love is the best kind . She'd have to take them off for the lifts though, it doesn't seem safe to wear glasses with all the flipping.

vCash
    I have to second literaryfreak's observation on the Tango dress for Meryl. The spagetti strap one is gorgeous on her and the sparkles and color are much prettier when you see it in person. The television just doesn't do it justice. I'm not sure what could be done to it to improve but it really is a beautiful dress. I also agree that Meryl is drop dead gorgeous in person. Her face is flawless and she looks beautiful, I stood next to her in line at one of the food places at the Sheraton (also Madison Chock was with her) and I was also trying not to stare. They both are beautiful young women.

And it's true that ice dancers (and pretty much most all the girl skaters) never go anywhere without their makeup!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Is the top of Meryl's dress the same one from the showcase TheatreGirl went to months ago?
    I don't think so. The top of the one she wore in Canton was stoned differently and I think the straps were wider. Also it was a halter which I don't think the exhibition one was. I might be wrong but the Canton dress didn't look like it was made in such a way that it would be easy to remove the skirt. But you're right, they were a very similar style.

(I'm a costume designer's daughter. It's one of the many reasons why I'm weird.)

vCash
    Was watching the exhibition again and I laughed at Scott's comment at the end, that Charlie was "so approachable" and Meryl, "if she were anymore beautiful she wouldn't look real". Maybe that's why we think she's really a Disney princess?

vCash
    [Deleted by poster]
    Last edited by hitchem; 02-06-2011 at 04:23 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hitchem View Post
    Do you guys think Meryl is looking a bit thin this year? I know she's always had a small frame, but some people have commented on her weight and it looks like she may have dropped a few pounds from last year. I don't want to be too concerned about her, but I hope she gains a bit of weight.
    Frankly I really don't think Meryl's weight is an appropriate topic. (and it's an awfully weird topic for your first post.) Meryl has plenty of people who actually know her and if there is anything to worry about, they will worry about her. It is none of our business. And I say about anyone.

vCash
    [Deleted by poster]
    Last edited by hitchem; 02-06-2011 at 04:22 AM.

vCash
    I'm so glad that they were actually able to come up with this exhibition program considering their other programs have needed so much work over the season. I loved it! It looks like they were having fun too.

vCash
    Did anyone else catch Sandra Bezic describe them as having earthy sensuality? That made me smile.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Frankly I really don't think Meryl's weight is an appropriate topic. (and it's an awfully weird topic for your first post.) Meryl has plenty of people who actually know her and if there is anything to worry about, they will worry about her. It is none of our business. And I say about anyone.
    Pretty much all of Shpilband's girls look like this. I don't think it's inappropriate to point out.

vCash
    I don't think Maryl looks any thinner. She does look a bit more muscular, though. Her abs esp. look killer.

vCash
    Not to mention her arm muscles

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast