Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Well first of all Alissa has some standout qualities in her skating that make her special and that even international judges love and reward. Wagner while I like her as an overall skater, does not in the same way. You dont look at her and say wow look at that such and such. Of course you dont with Flatt either but Flatt has still been beating Wagner for years now, even at 2008 Nationals when Wagner skated lights out.

Alissa has also shown she is always rewarded when she skates well, internationally and of easily nationally. Wagner skated 2 perfect programs at Nationals in 2008 with a triple lutz-triple loop combination in BOTH (I cant believe now she was ever doing that) and still placed only 3rd behind a faulty Nagasu and Flatt. What more than that could she ever do.

I would like to see Wagner breakthrough but I dont see much synonym to her and Czisny.
    I was referring to placements. If Alissa can win this year after placing 10th last year, certainly Ashley can be back on the podium next year.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Well first of all Alissa has some standout qualities in her skating that make her special and that even international judges love and reward. Wagner while I like her as an overall skater, does not in the same way.
    I disagree with this - Alissa's skating didn't used to have that wow factor either, several years ago. If Ashley works hard until she's Alissa's age, she could improve markedly when all the pixies have their growth spurts and putter out. I am impressed that Ashley has grown up but still managed to keep her body in shape. However, I just don't know if Ashley has the right attitude. As I've said before she reminds me of Sasha, just in it for the glory and somewhat bitter, which will always keep her from reaching the top.

vCash
    You dont look at her and say wow look at that such and such.
    Oh, yes, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    As I've said before she reminds me of Sasha, just in it for the glory and somewhat bitter, which will always keep her from reaching the top.
    Bitter is in the eye of the beholder. None of us can read minds.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Finally watched the free skate. She skated much better than what her scores indicated. Some jumps were UR but what struck me was the speed and attack she skated with. Yet she still had the maturity. Huge contrast to Zawadzki and Gao. And she had fire, which was nice for Malaguena. It was much flatter during the GP but IMO she skated it with inspiration and was very musical.

Too bad the SP curse continued and she couldn't unleash that 3/3, but hopefully if she got to go to 4CCs she could finally have a fine ending to her season. Her skating this season (and last) were too good to end at Nationals for two seasons in a roll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    I love Ashley, so I hope she stays in. i think she does have true passion for skating.
    This. I think Ashley is a real presence on the ice, she relishes every moment. I would so pay to watch her skate in exhibition. In fact, this year, even though Mirai was away ahead of her in the standings, I found Ashley's LP much more exciting to watch.

vCash
    There are definitely some great qualities about Ashley's skating. The best quality by far is her ability to attack everything no matter what. She is fearless. She never has a doubt in her mind going into her jumps unlike many other competitors who seem to struggle with that. If she can fix the rest of her problems (or at least some of them, most importantly a couple URs and two foots-- and she has definitely worked on them), there is no doubt she will end up on top.

vCash
    One of these years, Ashley may have her "Ryan Bradley Moment" and wins at Nationals. I'd be the first the cheer but I'm not thinking about it. Too painful to go through Nationals after Nationals. I hope that she finds the $$$ to keep at it. It ain't cheap.

I often wonder how people like Alissa, Ryan...even lower-ranked older skaters like Danielle Kahle, find the mean$ to stick with it. Work 2-3 jobs and train after midnight?

vCash
    I really enjoyed Ashley's Free skate, and gave her a standing O. She had all those muscle spasm problems and was able to overcome that, and she just did really nice overall. I hope it built her confidence and she keeps improving. I wasn't even a fan of hers really, but I appreciate her skating more, now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    This. I think Ashley is a real presence on the ice, she relishes every moment. I would so pay to watch her skate in exhibition. In fact, this year, even though Mirai was away ahead of her in the standings, I found Ashley's LP much more exciting to watch.
    Yeah, I was surprised that I liked her LP so much at Nationals. She really puts her heart into her performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    One of these years, Ashley may have her "Ryan Bradley Moment" and wins at Nationals. I'd be the first the cheer but I'm not thinking about it. Too painful to go through Nationals after Nationals. I hope that she finds the $$$ to keep at it. It ain't cheap.

I often wonder how people like Alissa, Ryan...even lower-ranked older skaters like Danielle Kahle, find the mean$ to stick with it. Work 2-3 jobs and train after midnight?
    I wonder that sometimes too, but for the higher ranked skaters, things like USFS funding, prize money (for example, Alissa won $25,000 at the GPF), shows, sponsors, coaching/seminars, etc., really help.

vCash
    she has a shot-why the judges keep overlooking her twofooting and giving postive goes on those marks, plus they keep her pcs scores a bit high a 58. was a bit high but doable i would have given her a 57.50

vCash
    Wagner skated 2 perfect programs at Nationals in 2008 with a triple lutz-triple loop combination in BOTH (I cant believe now she was ever doing that) and still placed only 3rd behind a faulty Nagasu and Flatt. What more than that could she ever do.
    Not underrotate the 2loop in a combo jump (can't remember if it was a 2-jump or 3-jump combo, near the end of the program). The points she lost were the difference between 1st and 3rd. Ashley was 2nd in the FS behind Rachael. Mirai got 3rd in the FS but won overall. The scores were very close for the top 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Oh, yes, I do.

Bitter is in the eye of the beholder. None of us can read minds.
    Nah, bitter is in the heart of the person who is feeling it...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123