• Ksenia Makarova

2 0.97%
  • Kiira Korpi

13 6.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Just a quick question...Yuna couldn't win Worlds after winning the whole last season, what makes you so sure she can win after not skating all season?
    Since she has no competition this year. Last years Worlds was her worst competition ever almost and she still would have won easily if Asada was at this years level. There is no reason to think she would even skate as bad as last year where she was coming off the major high and all the attention after the Olympic Gold only a month earlier. Who is going to beat her, Miki Ando, Alissa Czisny, ROTFL!

Lets put it this way it is totally hers to lose. She has to make alot of mistakes to lose regardless what anyone else does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Alissa I'm expecting to have a few bobbles where it's worlds, and could also get dinged with URs.
    I agree. I think the judges are going to be a lot stricter on Alissa at Worlds, not just on the jumps but also on PCS--plus, as well as she's been skating, that run is probably going to come to an end at some point. She could win a medal, of course, but I'm expecting an all-Asian podium. I also wouldn't be surprised if Flatt turns it up a notch and gets near the podium as well, even though the judges aren't usually that kind to her.

vCash
    I think it will be Kim, Czisny, and Murakami.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    I think it will be a fight between asada and kim, and the bronze will probably be between miki, crizny, murakami,

vCash
    Ando easily beat Asada at Nationals. So it is interesting to see the support stronger so much for Asada in this thread. On the other hand Asada can still improve alot from Nationals while Miki hit her limit there, and international judges will not compare them in PCS the way the judges at Nationals did I am pretty sure. Even Suzuki has been beating Ando in PCS this season.

vCash
    I think 4CC will tell us a lot. If Asada does two 3A and 3-3 combination (like she plans) she will be my main favourite to win the worlds. With her "new" old jumps, new rules about UR, possibility of doing 3A instead of A in SP she will be a very strong rival.

On the other hand it's hard to predict what Yuna will show us No matter what she does, she will be the biggest surprise for me.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    This is going to be SUCH an interesting Worlds for the ladies. Mao has been awful all season until Japanese Nationals. The question she will have to answer is "was that a fluke or a turn around?" Yu Na is a favorite but how can anyone be considered a heavy favorite when they haven't competed since the Olympics, over a year ago. The SP will be very telling for both Mao and Yu Na. Miki is my safe pick for a medal, she has been doing better and better and she should grab a medal, it could be anything from gold to bronze, though. Alissa is my hope for a medal, but you never know with her consistency issues and I think the judges look at her as a choice only if they have no others, but her GPF win should give her a reputation boost. Kostner doesn't have the difficulty and I don't know if the judges will put another lady on the podium without the full arsenal of jumps. It would take meltdowns from quite a few others before she got on the podium, at least I hope.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Yuna, Alissa, and Ando.
    I'm unsure whether Yuna will win the gold, but she will certainly medal if she would be half as good as she was in Vancouver.
    For Alissa, it would be natural for her to capp off a dream season with a world medal.
    Home terf PCS buff will guarantee a medal for Ando despite her empty Morozov programs if she goes clean. I don't think highly of her skating but at least she deserves to be higher than Asada for being consistent this season.

vCash
    Where nationals are in Japan I'm not too worried about Miki's PCS. Her original SP this season was just not a good program, so the low PCS made sense. The new SP is better, and if she plays it safe and goes clean, which I assume she will, her PCS should be better than if her jumps are off like they have been in the SP this GP season when she was going for the 3lz-3lo and 3f. Her LP already scored 122, and that was skating second at the GPF, so a clean Miki LP at Worlds is probably gonna score around 125 if she's clean in the SP, so that should be enough to get on the podium, it's just a matter of color. Her jumps have been big, gorgeous, and fully rotated this season so I'm sort of expecting they'll stay that way by the time worlds comes around. I actually think Miki has a good shot at winning again, although you never know with Miki.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    There is no reason to think she would even skate as bad as last year where she was coming off the major high and all the attention after the Olympic Gold only a month earlier. Who is going to beat her, Miki Ando, Alissa Czisny, ROTFL!
    There is no reason to think she isn't going to crack under the presure of being gone either. A new coach, new training, no competition, she may win but they won't make it easy for her. Who is going to beat her? Who knows; but I would never count any of them out either.

Who would have thought a year ago Ryan Bradley would be the US National Champion? Anything can happen.

vCash
    Mao and Miki will battle for the Gold. Maybe Carolina or Alissa to complete the podium. The problem is that we never know with the 2 last ! lol

vCash
    i hope it will be 1-yuna, 2nd mao, 3-alissa.
    4-miki, 5 -laura-kiira, 6-kanako, 7-rachel, 8-alena, ksenia, 9-cynthia
    that is my hope
    my dream is this 1-alissa, 2-yuna-3-mao 4th rachel, 5-kiira-laura, 6-miki, 7th-ksenia, alena, kanako, cynthia.

vCash
    Yu-Na, Kanako, Mao...in that order.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    is it bad that i'm hoping on mirai getting gold at 4CC and usfsa reconsider flatt's world's slot? i can't see flatt placing any high than 6th IMO

vCash
    I would love to see Alissa medal, a win would be I love the skater she has become this year, and if she medals at Worlds it'll be the best season a US skater has had since probably Kwan!

Mirai winning 4CC is another !

vCash
    Miki and Yuna. For the third spot I voted Kostner, though could be also Czisny or Asada..

vCash
    My only concern is which one of the european lady (Kostner or Korppi) will have Lepisto moment? Land a 3toe+3toe, another triple and double/pop all the jumps and held up by PCS.

vCash
    At least Kostner got her 3F back, maybe she will get 3Lz as well... She've never been consistent but she has the best basics and skating skills.
    But I guess this time we will see two Japanese ladies on podium (Mao and Miki I think) and Yuna. European ladies skated poorly last week and I don't expect them to do well. Meier, Makarova and Leonova were the ones who at least landed most of their jumps. Alissa has a good chance for the medal, but I'm not so sure about her, she bombed badly too many times in the past.
    Sad we won't see Mirai She is so much better than Flatt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    My only concern is which one of the european lady (Kostner or Korppi) will have Lepisto moment? Land a 3toe+3toe, another triple and double/pop all the jumps and held up by PCS.
    Happened to Korpi at Euros. Such an amazing SP and then blew it in the FS, luckily everyone else did too so she was able to hold onto bronze deservedly, but still, she had SUCH a good chance to be European champ this seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    I hope NOT!!! I was in Torino last year and Laura's medal was a complete joke to Miki, Cynthia and Carolina who all have skated way better than her with actual triples and more quality (well, at least Carolina and Miki) in their program.

It's hard to guess who is on the podium.
    If Asada has her jumps back she is the top contender.
    Miki too...she's had the strongest long this season but as much as I like her her perfect long is more uninspiring than a perfect long from kostner, cyziny (sorry for the spelling) and asada.
    I'm completely in love with Alyssa's program this year! (especially the long)..I f she skates well she'll be a top contender!
    Carolina's programs this year are my favourites! Seeing both of them live and they both are pieces of art IMO. If she skates them well she has chances of a podium. We never know with her but hearing from her europeans training she is at the top of the form with the flip back and everything else. But competition is different from trainings.
    Ice, as you know, is slippery and not only for her.
    Don't know what to think about yuna...what I'm sure is that she can come up on the ice doing crossovers and this will be enough to give her enormous score...She'll be a contender anyhow!

My dream podium is: Kostner, Alyssa and Asada in any order (better this one)

What I hope: that who goes on the podium deserves it and that everyone does her best and give us some excitement to end beautifuly this season!
    Good luck to all!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast