• Ksenia Makarova

2 0.97%
  • Kiira Korpi

13 6.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

World Ladies Medalist Poll

You knew it was coming...multiple choice allowed- pick up to 3!

vCash
    Kim will win.

The silver and bronze will come out of some combination of Asada, Czisny, Ando, Korpi, Kostner, and Murakami, depending who rises to the occasion.

Zero chance of Meier, Phaneuf, Flatt, Leonova, or Makarova being on the World podium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Zero chance of Meier, Phaneuf, Flatt, Leonova, or Makarova being on the World podium.
    But which one of these do you see possibly finishing in the top 5?

vCash
    Best of the competition will win because ice is slippery as you know.

I just want everybody can do their best as they prepared for the game.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Didn't Meier announce that Euros was her last competition?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    But which one of these do you see possibly finishing in the top 5?
    Leonova or Makarova of those have the best chance of top 5 IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Best of the competition will win because ice is slippery as you know.

I just want everybody can do their best as they prepared for the game.
    Thank you very much. I just want to see Yuna skate again. The bots might care about the result but I don't.

Alissa is carrying the momentum, she's having a great season. Mao is getting her mojo back, Miki is always going to be a threat, and there's always one European girl will challenge the podium.

vCash
    I picked Alissa, Miki and Yu-Na.

I wish Alissa to be on the Worlds podium. She’s a lovely skater and having a great season.

Miki is a consistently excellent jumper and always has been strong at Worlds.

I’m a big fan (no secret) of Yu-Na and just happy getting to see her new programs. Win or lose not important.

I want to see Sarah at the Worlds one more time. Congratulations on her major championship title. She more than deserves to have her swan song on the bigger stage.

vCash
    I hope it's Miki, Mao and Yu-Na. I'd love to see Alissa or Carolina, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Didn't Meier announce that Euros was her last competition?
    Yes, she did.

vCash
    I think it'll be Miki, Mao, and Yuna. I accidentally voted for Kanako because I didn't see Yuna on the list at first. The order will probably be Yuna, Miki, Mao, the reason being is that Miki has been skating better than Mao all season. I know I haven't seen Yuna all season but she's so perfect that I can't help but guess she'll be in first, especially with no lady really being a bright light this year (except maybe Czisny in on kind of an emotional level). Kiira, Carolina and Alena are too inconsistent, ie. they won't lay down two clean skates back to back, or at least I don't think they will. Cynthia, Rachael and Ksenia are also prone to making small errors that could take them out of contention. Sarah Meier won't be there as she said her last competition was Euros.

vCash
    I'm thinking Yuna, Miki, Kanako. Mao's jumps likely won't be totally together by then and Alissa I'm expecting to have a few bobbles where it's worlds, and could also get dinged with URs. Carolina would have a shot were it not for her injury and limited content. Kiira if she's on, could sneak in there for a bronze, but after seeing what she did at Europeans, it doesn't seem the most likely.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I said Kim, Asada, and Murakami. It's in Japan so I expect the Japanese girls will be fighting hardcore and Murakami is better than Ando. Kostner has added back triple flip which means consistency is gone and she won't be near the podium. Czisny has a shot at a medal.

vCash
    Worlds may be a 4CC affair:

I picked YuNa, Mao and Alissa. But, Miki could really spoil the party.

Kanako - too young and unpolished right now. But, no expectations.

Euro ladies -

Kostner - would probably threaten for a medal after the SP if she goes clean [3t - 3t, 3l], but she's hobbled in the LP w/ lack of harder jumps. Plus, she still has shown herself to be a headcase.

Korpi - see above

Meier - will not compete.

Lepisto - going to even compete? If so, Worlds would be the debut for a skater that is also pretty shaky in the jump dept.

Wild card - Do we even know what shape YuNa is in? She's a mystery and she's not infallible. She will debut at Worlds, and if she makes a couple of major errors, Mao might take her

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Wild card - Do we even know what shape YuNa is in? She's a mystery and she's not infallible. She will debut at Worlds, and if she makes a couple of major errors, Mao might take her
    I think Mao is as much of a wild card as Kim. At this point I'd say that Ando is a podium threat but every one else is a question mark. I don't see a medal for either of the Russian ladies, though.
    Last edited by Nomad; 01-30-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    I think Miki will likely be on the podium, it's just a matter of color. She'll play it safe in the SP like she did at Japanese Nats and do 3lz-2lo and 3lo, and she'll be a little bit behind the leaders but then make it up by skating her FS clean with all those backloaded jumps. Her issue this season has been the SP, but that was because the 3lz-3lo and 3f were giving her trouble, if she avoids both and goes clean which it seems like she's bound to do, she'll be on the podium. Mao, Kanako, Yuna are the most likely to join her on the podium but Alissa, Carolina, and Kiira have a shot to sneak up there as well.

vCash
    I think it will be Mao, Yuna, and Alissa. Worlds are in Japan, and Mao always seems to skate her best in Japan and when it counts. Yuna hasn't competed yet, so I predict she will make at least one major error in the LP. If Alissa skates the way she has these last two competitions, she will podium. Ando and Kostner can play spoilers, but I don't think it's Kanako's time yet.

vCash
    Kanako
    Yuna
    Alissa

I'll predict Alissa for 3rd. Sounds about right. The other spots will be Yuna and one Japanese skater...

Kanako is pretty fearless so she could surprise everyone. Isn't a youngster skating a blinder typical for a post-Olys year?

Although I'd love Mao to medal, she was disastrous not so long ago and may need more time. On the other hand, if Yuna isn't trained I would expect Mao to overtake her.
    Last edited by ninadel; 01-30-2011 at 05:52 PM.

vCash
    Can we do a 4CC poll before we get serious about this one?

btw does anyone know if Mirai Nagasu is going to 4CC. I was so disappointed that she isnt going to Worlds this year. Hope she gets NHK next season so she can see her family!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Kim will win.

The silver and bronze will come out of some combination of Asada, Czisny, Ando, Korpi, Kostner, and Murakami, depending who rises to the occasion.

Just a quick question...Yuna couldn't win Worlds after winning the whole last season, what makes you so sure she can win after not skating all season?

vCash
    Miki will win. I just have a feeling. Yuna will be on the podium somewhere, and the final spot will be up for grabs between Mao, Kanako, Carolina, Kiira, and Alissa - but most likely Kanako will actually medal and the rest of them will be headcases as usual.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast