vCash

James Blunt's Mommy: Stop Picking on my Son

Hmm. I can see why mom was upset at the idea that you have to be rich to be a British pop star, but maybe James could have said that himself....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12308068
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Is that true what she says about how getting into the industry is about your success in school as much as your talent? I find that hard to believe. No label in their right mind will pass on an artist who can make them millions just because they didn't do well in school or go to the right school. I don't know much about the industry in England, though.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Is that true what she says about how getting into the industry is about your success in school as much as your talent? I find that hard to believe. No label in their right mind will pass on an artist who can make them millions just because they didn't do well in school or go to the right school. I don't know much about the industry in England, though.
    I don't know for sure, but it may be true. I manage opera singers in the US, and opera companies only give them an audition if they've had the "right" experience.

vCash
    But aren't opera singers considered more legit than pop/rock singers? Like theatre actors, you have to have some sort of formal training before people take you seriously to be considered for a prime role on an important stage. In pop music, I'd think good lucks, charisma, and just plain good luck (and maybe autotune) would suffice.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce