Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    Was it Kleinfelds? lol! If I happened to be in NY I would probably go to Kleinfelds to look just because it's Kleinfelds and I could never actually afford to buy anything there. I wouldn't be trying stuff on though.. that's just odd.

I have gone wedding dress shopping with people who are actually getting married and have definitely kept an eye out for things I liked so when the time came I'd know what I was looking for. I never tried anything on though. Even having done that I'm still totally overwhelmed by the whole wedding dress thing now that I'm actually looking for my wedding lol.

Buying your own wedding rings is just weird. My fiance is so proud that he picked out my engagement ring himself and I love it!

Nope. It was a run of the mill salon about an hour away from her. She and her mother went there because they had "heard good things about their selection". Again, they did this when she was 20 and not even dating anyone--just randomly went wedding dress shopping. She got married four years later and has been married for over ten years. And she still loves to tell this story and tells it as if wedding dress shopping with no boyfriend or fiance is a perfectly normal activity.

My husband and I picked out my ring together. There is such a wide variety of sizes, shapes, and styles that he wanted to make sure it was exactly what I loved.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Yeah we looked at rings casually a couple of times so he knew generally what I liked but he went out and picked one out himself (apparently a month before he proposed.. I found that out a little while ago lol!) and it actually wasn't like any of the ones I showed him lol! I love it anyway, it's perfect!

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Again, they did this when she was 20 and not even dating anyone--just randomly went wedding dress shopping. She got married four years later and has been married for over ten years.
    Did she wear the "pre-chosen" dress when she actually did get married?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Did she wear the "pre-chosen" dress when she actually did get married?
    Yep. She was one of those women who had planned her fantasy wedding when she was eight or so and did it all exactly like that.

Her tastes have grown up since then and she seems to regret most of it. Except the pre-purchased dress. When I got married a year and a half ago, she was a bit of a problem, as she seemed to want my wedding to be her grown-up elegant one to live vicariously through.

vCash
    Isn't this just all hype for her sappy TV movie that's airing tonight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    Isn't this just all hype for her sappy TV movie that's airing tonight?
    It worked! I put it on my PVR and finished watching it. Thanks, overedge!

It was fabulous.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    It worked! I put it on my PVR and finished watching it. Thanks, overedge!

It was fabulous.
    Thanks! Glad you had fun
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12