Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Jennifer Love Hewitt Chooses Three Wedding Rings - but Isn't Engaged Yet

Oh, man. Desperate much? Run, Mr. Future Fiancee, run away as fast as you can!!

http://www.people.com/people/article...460463,00.html
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

vCash
    She's had a hell of a lot of practice. How many times has she been engaged? Maybe she ought to pick one from the set of rings that I'm sure she already has.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    J-Love can do no wrong, in my opinion. I have not seen any of the tv mini series, but I am pretty sure she wuzrobbed of the Golden Globe. Besides, she deserved at least an Emmy nod over any of those leading tv drama actresses for her superb work on The Ghost Whisperer. Anyone can play a lawyer with suspicious ethics (because everyone has played one!). Could Glenn Close make me cry while talking to dead people? Doubt it!

vCash
    She's not married yet and probably won't be (at least not to this guy) with that type of behavior. One of the top ways to scare off a guy. I'm waiting to see how long it is before the press announces her break up.

Other than being desperate for man she does seem like a decent person. Is she a nasty person in general? I've noticed that a lot of people don't seem to care for her much and I wondered if there was a reason why.

I loved Ghost Whisperer.

vCash
    I lurve Ghost Whisperer. JLH can say and do dumb things sometimes (like vajazzling her vajayjay or whatever the hell that whole thing was) but she's a decent actress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    Other than being desperate for man she does seem like a decent person. Is she a nasty person in general? I've noticed that a lot of people don't seem to care for her much and I wondered if there was a reason why.
    Can't speak for others, but I think she's a shameless publicity hound whose talent for shameless self-promotion >>>>>> her acting talent. And to add to that she seems completely oblivious as to how ridiculous she makes herself appear. Remember when she was trying to promote herself as the next Audrey Hepburn? Only a good idea if you can actually act as well as Audrey Hepburn.....
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Only a good idea if you can actually act as well as Audrey Hepburn.....
    Wasn't there a thread here where many posters agreed that Audrey Hepburn couldn't act all that well?

vCash
    Yeah, I wouldn't say that Audrey was any better than JLH...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DAngel View Post
    Wasn't there a thread here where many posters agreed that Audrey Hepburn couldn't act all that well?
    Yes, but they were wrong.

As for JLH, I got a sneak peek at that TV movie she's got airing tomorrow night. Her storyline was pretty dull, but Betty White's was really sweet. She drops the salty old lady act and turns in a nice dramatic performance.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I know someone who bought a wedding dress when she was 20 and not dating anyone. Her explanation was that she wasn't looking for one, but she just happened to see (and try on) one she liked--as if you walk around a corner at Target when you stop in for socks and there is a wedding dress display. In reality, she and her mother went wedding dress shopping for no reason.

Women are really messed up about weddings and marriage.

vCash
    Can't speak for others, but I think she's a shameless publicity hound whose talent for shameless self-promotion >>>>>> her acting talent. And to add to that she seems completely oblivious as to how ridiculous she makes herself appear. Remember when she was trying to promote herself as the next Audrey Hepburn? Only a good idea if you can actually act as well as Audrey Hepburn.....
    This. She made a godawful Audrey. She was horrific. And she's always getting publicity for her relationships. She's crazy.

vCash
    I have a friend who got engaged and a few of us went with her to look at dresses one day. We all browsed while she was being measured by the attendant and then went back when she actually started trying on dresses, except one girl was missing. We went to look for her and found her in a spare change room trying on off the rack dresses, taking cell phone pictures of herself and texting them to her boyfriend of one month

Needless to say he was

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    J-Love can do no wrong, in my opinion. I have not seen any of the tv mini series, but I am pretty sure she wuzrobbed of the Golden Globe. Besides, she deserved at least an Emmy nod over any of those leading tv drama actresses for her superb work on The Ghost Whisperer. Anyone can play a lawyer with suspicious ethics (because everyone has played one!). Could Glenn Close make me cry while talking to dead people? Doubt it!
    Actually, before you knock Glenn Close in Damages, you should watch it. That show (in the first two seasons and even in the third one) was on the level of many of those Premium cable channel shows. Damages is set up is that the show is 13 episodes and focuses on one case as opposed to having different episodes focus on different ones, so the drama and story arch builds up thus allowing the actors and writers time to set up their characters with a bit have a big more depth than the usual legal serial and it allows the storyline to pace itself slower to allow more subtlety and character development. Damages isn't really like any other legal serial I've seen (and I used to watch a lot of those).

I remember watching some Emmy award prediction stuff two years ago and almost all the critics agreed that Glenn Close was really on a different level than the women she ended up beating the Emmys for. They said it was like a movie actress came down and did television and just blew everyone away.

As for if Glenn Close could make you cry by talking to dead people? Maybe maybe not. However, there's no way in hell Jennifer Love Hewitt could play Patty Hewes or even Ellen Parsons, who serves as Patty's foil and protegee (played by Rose Byrne)
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    except one girl was missing. We went to look for her and found her in a spare change room trying on off the rack dresses, taking cell phone pictures of herself and texting them to her boyfriend of one month

Needless to say he was

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DAngel View Post
    Yeah, well, I can't think of anything she majorly sucked in as badly as JLH manages to suck in most of her lightweight roles.

vCash
    Clearly you all haven't seen Heartbreakers, she was epic in that!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I know someone who bought a wedding dress when she was 20 and not dating anyone.
    A friend of mine bought her wedding dress years before she met her husband. She found it in a vintage shop - she said she had an unusual body type that was hard to fit and this one was perfect so she got it. I don't think that's weird - although someone trolling around actual bridal shops trying on wedding dresses with no marriage proposal on the horizon would be strange. And buying rings is a little weird because that's usually a gift, right?

But I love J Lo Hew and she can do whatever she wants
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    This. She made a godawful Audrey. She was horrific. And she's always getting publicity for her relationships. She's crazy.
    Thanks guys. For some reason JLH is one of those celebrities whom I have never paid a lot of attention to outside of her roles. I do faintly remember the Audrey Hepburn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    ....Women are really messed up about weddings and marriage.
    I'm not against relationships and marriage in general. I think when a couple makes a genuine connection and care for one another it's nice. However I hate how some women have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by society (or someone) to think that their lives are failures if there is no man. In my own life, I've known women who have amazing careers, great friends and family and are healthy etc. but they are forever depressed because they aren't in a relationship. And watch out if one of their friends gets engaged. That really sets off the failure feeling.

As for celebrities, I suppose JLH isn't the only one who is desperate for a man. A few years ago Food Network was airing their "chefographies" and one of Paula Deen's close friends talked about her finally finding and marrying her husband. She said that even with all the success Paula had and how well her children are doing as well, she knew Paula wouldn't have been truly happy had she not found a partner to share her life with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    A friend of mine bought her wedding dress years before she met her husband. She found it in a vintage shop - she said she had an unusual body type that was hard to fit and this one was perfect so she got it. I don't think that's weird - although someone trolling around actual bridal shops trying on wedding dresses with no marriage proposal on the horizon would be strange. And buying rings is a little weird because that's usually a gift, right?

But I love J Lo Hew and she can do whatever she wants
    Oh, but the woman I know made a trip to a certain bridal shop in a different city and tried on dresses. When she wasn't even dating anyone. She tries to make it sound like she just randomly found a dress. Again...in a bridal salon she had no other reason to be in which was located in a city she had no other reason to be in. There is nothing that can make that anything but screwed up.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Was it Kleinfelds? lol! If I happened to be in NY I would probably go to Kleinfelds to look just because it's Kleinfelds and I could never actually afford to buy anything there. I wouldn't be trying stuff on though.. that's just odd.

I have gone wedding dress shopping with people who are actually getting married and have definitely kept an eye out for things I liked so when the time came I'd know what I was looking for. I never tried anything on though. Even having done that I'm still totally overwhelmed by the whole wedding dress thing now that I'm actually looking for my wedding lol.

Buying your own wedding rings is just weird. My fiance is so proud that he picked out my engagement ring himself and I love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast