Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLOS View Post
    Doubletoe, thanks for the explanation now I know the different muscles in the legs. Sometimes my quads right above the knee hurts, maybe there was to much pressure on them? However I realize my muscles are weak...I was thinking about it, I gave up other sports because I was to weak, swimming, tennis, bicycle etc, I was always to weak. Skating is the first sport that works for me but I could not imagine to jump because I feel I'm heavy (meaning not being able to jump higher as 10cm, on or off ice) but I'm not (only 59kg/1.71cm), so it was a miracle as I mastered the waltz jump first, I was extremly excited

Now I managed to do good toeloops and slachows but now I feel it in the knee, yesterday I did 5 toeloops and 3 salchows and 1 waltzjump, all in a row, no problems, that was great...but 20 min later I did another waltz jump and the landing hurted a lot even though I landed good, it just felt heavy
    Do you feel it in your takeoff knee or your landing knee? Either way, it sounds like it would be good for you to do strengthening exercises for all of your muscles outside of skating. I tend to feel it in my knee and quads of my takeoff leg when I do too many axels and salchows, so I make sure to stretch out my quads really well after I skate (hold each stretch for at least 30 seconds, using a timer if you can).

vCash
    regarding off ice training, did anybody already tried TRX suspension training : http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/trx-r...cise-video.php ?

For me, it's the BEST THING I've ever tried !

vCash
    Do you feel it in your takeoff knee or your landing knee?
    Landing knee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12