Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angela Maxwell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dupagegal View Post
    Competitive Skating requires you to have your heart in it. It sounds like she doesn't and that's her choice. It's apparent SOMETHING happened here and she should have her privacy. It's just a shame to see such talent not taken to the full potential. This girl was amazing.
    That's a funny thing to say considering that you started this thread, your previous post in here was pure speculation, you derogatively called her a goth, and you said you hoped her head was screwed on 'straight' since the comments above indicate she is 'looking like trouble.'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dupagegal View Post
    Thanks for this Utube. It's really telling and I honestly didn't know what happened to her. Some observations.

Angela talks about a back injury in the video. She says she had to take some time off to heal the injury. Then she goes from the interview into a Michael Jackson show song exhibition. She DOES TWO BACKFLIPS IN THE SHOW! WOW with a bad back? Something is not adding up here.

She was asked in the interview if she has a coach.....no she is going to have to try to find one now. She was asked by the interviewer about if she watched the olympics.....funny shows quite a bit of indifference about figure skating and says I watched snow boarding shawn white....lol Whrich is ok but you didn't watch your sport? Bizar???

She looks a little gothy now....hope she gets her head screwed on strait she is looking like trouble from the comments above.....it truely is sad....
    oooh, eyeliner and burgundy hair.... so gø†h

vCash
    There is nothing wrong with letting her know she is appreciated and not forgotten.

Sadly, many top competitors quit at the junior level. The physical and mental toll is tremendous at that level. It is more of a wonder that any of them continue after they are past high school age.

vCash
    At least Maxwell got to compete at the Senior level at US Nationals once -- placing a very respectable 8th in 2009. IIRC, she was guaranteed one Senior Grand Prix event in the fall of 2009 due to having a top 24 Season Best (JGP) score the season before, but elected to return to the JGP. Her last competition was the December 2009 JGP Final (8th in SP, 5th in FS, 6th overall), and she landed all her planned triples in the FS (6, with one <), so her final competitive skate was definitely a high note.

vCash
    I heard Robin Wagner got fined and reprimanded by the coaching association for "unprofessional behavior" in relation to Angela Maxwell. What happened?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    oooh, eyeliner and burgundy hair.... so gø†h
    Ya really, just because she dresses a certain way and dyes her hair does not automatically make her "bad news". Appearances can be deceptive and she's always been unique and quirky, I wouldn't make assumptions about her morality and behavior based on the way she looks/dresses, she could be a really lovely girl and always seemed like a sweet, bubbly person in her interviews. She had to move away from her family and kept changing coaches and getting injured, that's a lot of tough stuff to deal with, so her decision to stop could be due to any number of things unrelated to her being difficult, gothy, bratty as some people seem to automatically assume she is...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by azskatefan View Post
    I've heard from a family member that Angela is no longer skating and has no plans to resume skating. She's now in school.
    That is a real shame. She was very special. Lots of energy and charisma on the ice.

I will miss her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    At least Maxwell got to compete at the Senior level at US Nationals once -- placing a very respectable 8th in 2009. IIRC, she was guaranteed one Senior Grand Prix event in the fall of 2009 due to having a top 24 Season Best (JGP) score the season before, but elected to return to the JGP. Her last competition was the December 2009 JGP Final (8th in SP, 5th in FS, 6th overall), and she landed all her planned triples in the FS (6, with one <), so her final competitive skate was definitely a high note.
    That JGPF FS of hers is one of my favourite skating performances ever. She really nailed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    According to her Wiki history she chabged coaches every year. Not all of it was her doing. Didn't the rink in Texas where she trained with Mishketunok close? I also read somewhere that her last coach in NJ (Orlova?). Decided to move to France to ice dance and called Angela from the airport to inform her.

The constant change has to be frustrating. I do wish she had continued, she was a breath of fresh air as a performer.
    The rink in Texas did close, but there are many more rinks that are open and a short drive that Natalia has been coaching at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12