Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I hope she can come back strong in the long. I think having the flu really affected everything.

vCash
    Can anyone link me to the TV broadcast schedule for 2011 US Nationals?

vCash

Notice it was a chiropractor (Eastern Medicine) who provided the correct diagnosis and treatment. All the mainstream (Western Medicine) doctors were stumped.

Go chiropractors!

Check out the skepticism in the Oxford English Dictionary for word "chiropractor"
    "a system of complementary medicine based on the diagnosis and manipulative treatment of misalignments of the joints , especially those of the spinal column, which are believed to cause other disorders by affecting the nerves, muscles, and organs."
    "Are believed" suggests skepticism. Why not just say "which cause other disorders" or "which can cause other disorders" or "which sometimes cause other disorders".

If Ashley wins I hope she tells the interviewer, "I would like to thank my chiropractor for making this possible!"

I'm on this soapbox because insurance does not provide the same level of coverage for visits to chiropractors, thus discouraging people from going to them. The tables are tilted to put the chiropractors out of business, and drive patients to the Western doctors who prescribe expensive medicines sold by pharmaceutical companies, rather than curing people by straightening them out and showing them how to take care of themselves.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzQYjLCFons

This was not nearly as bad as her marks or reaction made it out to be. I think she can definitely catch up to at least 4th in the free. Although I must say another trip Worlds seems very unlikely now, 4CCs is still very possible.

vCash
    two of Flatt, Nagasu, Czisny have to totally bomb the free. One of the 3 is possible, two seems unlikely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    two of Flatt, Nagasu, Czisny have to totally bomb the free. One of the 3 is possible, two seems unlikely.
    But they don't have to bomb really, Ashley is 9 points back, so that's like the difference between a 125 FS and a 116 FS. So if Ashley gets a 125 and Alissa gets say, a 114, Ashley would beat Alissa overall but Alissa technically wouldn't have bombed, she just wouldn't have skated her best. The same is true for Mirai and Rachael. If Ashley is good but not great, then it's likely the others will have to bomb at least somewhat for her to beat them, but if Ashley skates light out, she can still beat the other girls if the others skate ok but not great.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dufusyte View Post
    Notice it was a chiropractor (Eastern Medicine) who provided the correct diagnosis and treatment. All the mainstream (Western Medicine) doctors were stumped.

Go chiropractors!
    Chiropractic is not an example of Eastern medicine. It has its origins in the early 20th century US.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    But they don't have to bomb really, Ashley is 9 points back, so that's like the difference between a 125 FS and a 116 FS. So if Ashley gets a 125 and Alissa gets say, a 114, Ashley would beat Alissa overall but Alissa technically wouldn't have bombed, she just wouldn't have skated her best. The same is true for Mirai and Rachael. If Ashley is good but not great, then it's likely the others will have to bomb at least somewhat for her to beat them, but if Ashley skates light out, she can still beat the other girls if the others skate ok but not great.
    Is Wagner even CAPABLE of 125? Even if she goes clean there are jump issues that always hold her back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Is Wagner even CAPABLE of 125? Even if she goes clean there are jump issues that always hold her back.
    At US Nationals, she definitely is. They haven't ever called her flutz and sometimes even her two-foots seem to be overlooked.

vCash
    ^ She has shown this season she is capable of landing her jumps cleanly without landing on two feet (COR)... And she always has given strong LPs at Nationals. Her jumps, when clean, receive big marks, so she is definitely capable of 125.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    I hope she can come back strong in the long. I think having the flu really affected everything.
    But Ashley has a history of not doing clean SP at Nationals. She has some really nice stylistic moments in her program, but her jumps are just so-so.

vCash
    Poor Ashley, something always seems to go wrong for her at Nationals. She can't seem to move beyond 3rd or 4th place. Maybe she should just go off to school. I think her nerves have just gotten the best of her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    But Ashley has a history of not doing clean SP at Nationals. She has some really nice stylistic moments in her program, but her jumps are just so-so.
    I think it was very much possible this year to have gone clean in the SP, but I think having the flu affected her physically and mentally for the SP.

vCash
    I don't see the judges giving anyone 125 points for the FS. This isn't last year where they were pumping up everyone's score.

vCash
    Well we'll see tonight...

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I don't see the judges giving anyone 125 points for the FS. This isn't last year where they were pumping up everyone's score.

You obviously didn't watch the Short Dance yesterday: -

The Shibutanis:

NHK Trophy: 53.68
    Skate America: 56.46

US Nationals: 70.47 Difference of 14.01

Davis/White:

NHK Trophy: 66.97
    Skate America: 63.62 (with a large mistake)
    GPF: 68.64

US Nationals: 76.04 Difference of 7.40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post

You obviously didn't watch the Short Dance yesterday: -

The Shibutanis:

NHK Trophy: 53.68
    Skate America: 56.46

US Nationals: 70.47 Difference of 14.01
    I think there's some inflation -- but didn't the Shibutani's have a serious mess-up in the Short Dance at both NHK and Skate America? I think that could have accounted for three or four of the points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Still. Ashley got 122 last year and there were a lot of little mistakes. I know it was a different panel and she was in the final flight, but I mean, Rachael got 130. You never know what will happen.

vCash
    I'm sure the long will be inflated again this year. We saw it happen at Japanese Nats.

vCash
    ^ Yeah, PCS were inflated this year as well in the ladies SP. I mean both Nagasu and Flatt were not getting those type of PCS during the GPs. Same for Agnes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast