Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Which Aussie? Central doesn't sound like Melbourne, for example.

Like I said, I find Edinburgh accents appealing, not a big fan of Glasgow. Like Connemara, HATE HATE HATE working-class Dublin. There's a wide variety of accents within "Australian", "Scottish", "English," etc. (Fan of RP, giggle at Mancunian, etc.) And I suppose the UKers I know are a bad influence, or I watch too much Monty Python, but I can't help it, I find the stereotypical Welsh accent funny, not sexy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    I was just thinking that. I go to Lenox, MA once a month for a contra dance, and I have yet to encounter anyone at that dance who has that "Kennedy" sound, as I like to call it.
    The Kennedy accent is unique to that family; no one else even in Boston has that accent.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    But I first fell in love with Tennant in Taking Over the Asylum -- full-blown Scottish and a red-head!
    I highly recommend this show. It's available on YouTube, for those interested.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Which Aussie? Central doesn't sound like Melbourne, for example.
    Actually, there's not that much of a difference. I can pick Melbourne (the e is wierd) and I can pick country, but the rest of it is practically the same. There have been numerous documentaries about this as the country is so large you'd expect more variety, but there seems to be standard, Melbourne, country and then ethnic...second generation migrants who just have a hint of something else.

I really detest the Australian accent, but like I said, I can say that as I have the passport It might sound fake, but I don't know why it sounds incorrect. Most of the Southern Hemisphere has a similar accent - NZ, SA, the pacific islands. We spell like the Brits and use American vocabulary. We just sound wierd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orable View Post
    To atone for my sins to all you Butlerites out there, for your Scottish accenty pleasure:

Craig Ferguson interviews Gerard Butler
    Craig Ferguson interviews James McAvoy ("Scottish vacuum of charm" )
    Craig Ferguson interviews Ewan McGregor (I seriously think they have the best chemistry evah! Also, how EM pulls off rascally so charmingly, I have no idea...)
    Thank you <3 Those are very funny

I especially like the one with Ewan too Their chemistry is amazing

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234