Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    As an Australian, that's hilarious. Most Aussies have such flat sounding voices (including my own for that matter).
    I agree. I'm Australian too but I've lived in Europe for a few years and have lost quite a bit of my accent. It still comes out occassionally, but a new guy at work was fairly surprised today when I told him where I was from. He hadn't picked up on it at all in the last 2 weeks.

I find the Aussie accent horrible now that I'm living overseas. Like cringeworthy horrible. Equally annoying to me are NZ and SA accents. Sorry

I used to find the Irish accent hot, until I met a couple of Irish guys I loathed, and now it's tarnished Scottish still holds hotness, English very much depends on the accent, the rest of Europe is quite

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Boston accent = "Not Sexy" I don't care what the guy speaking it looks like. Yes, even you, RFK.

Edinburgh accent = "Sexy", Glasgow...not so much.

Certain west-Irish accents = "Sexy", lower-class Dublin = "I am going to beat you with a tyre iron until you learn to ennunciate so I can understand you on the phone"...or possibly that's just Dave an I have issues from trying to deal with him on the phone.... (Seriously, working-class Dublin spoken quickly borders on unintelligible. Not sexy.)

Northern Irish: Sexy. (Probably because is has a distinct Scottish lilt.)

Manchester: Not sexy.
    Blackburn: Like Mancunians only worse.

Southern US--You have to be more specific.

vCash
    I love Scottish accents.And I like Southern accents,especially if they sound anything like Matthew McConaughey and I've developed a fondness for a slight Cajun accent.

vCash
    I mean...he can have the world's worst accent and squeakiest voice, but with those looks? Still makes me He's hawwwwwwwwwwt. Also, thanks for the link!

Speaking in generalities? French accents speaking in English? Rowr. Italian accents in English? Not so much. In general, though, the hotness of the accent depends on the hotness of the guy. On Ewan McGregor, James McAvoy, Danny Bhoy (I get a kick out of that name, too ) the Scottish accent is very, very appealing. I don't find Gerard Butler very attractive, so I'm meh on his accent.

To atone for my sins to all you Butlerites out there, for your Scottish accenty pleasure:

Craig Ferguson interviews Gerard Butler
    Craig Ferguson interviews James McAvoy ("Scottish vacuum of charm" )
    Craig Ferguson interviews Ewan McGregor (I seriously think they have the best chemistry evah! Also, how EM pulls off rascally so charmingly, I have no idea...)

Anyway, I love love love all Latin American accents in English but then again, I happen to think that Spanish is a pretty language and Portuguese might possibly be the sexiest language on earth Kaka interview as an example (I know, he talks about the Bible, his wife, baby...I know, I know, a lot of people are meh about Kaka, but listen to the accent! ) Added bonus, the interviewer is talking in Pretty Portugese

vCash
    We recently got Craig Ferguson on Australian TV. I would love to hear him interviewing Justin and Colin from "How not to decorate". Nothing like a gay Scottish accent (which is strange considering I am a woman).
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    You do realize this is considered the most "neutral" of the accents? That's why all the call centers in the US are here? Our boringness makes us not hot.
    I havent called a call center and got anyone in the US in a long time
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I love Craig Ferguson.I have to say that Gerard and Craig have awesome chemistry though,those 2 together are hilarious,I guess it helps that they've known eachother for years.

vCash
    My favorite accent is that African clicking language one. But seriously folks, growing up I worked very hard to get the most neutral accent I could get (New Zealander Sam Neil has the best nuetral accent in my opinion. He doesn't sound British, American, Aussie or New Zealand). However when I lived in the USA I found it rather beneficial to bring my Aussie accent back thick and strong. Beneficial wise that is. I used to hate the Aussie accent because I thought it made us sound unintelligent (think Olivia Newton John back in Grease ). It doesn't bother me at all any more. I say "G'day mate" when greeting people which at one stage would have made me cringe.
    I find the Irish accent very hot, and my Texan partner has a sexy accent. I still giggle when he says things like "...all y'all..."
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orable View Post
    ... On Ewan McGregor, James McAvoy, Danny Bhoy the Scottish accent is very, very appealing.
    Those three top my list of hottest Scots (sorry Sean Connery, you've been replaced), but even without their natural accents I wouldn't kick them out of bed for eating crackers. Both McGreggor & McAvoy have at times done various English & American accents, and they were still And as I mentioned earlier I find funny men extremely appealing, so Danny Bhoy is hot in any accent. (His Welsh is particularly hilarious.)

vCash
    David Tennant is enough with his English accent, but when he's got his native Scot on...then he's mega

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Your accent categories are a little broad. For instance, there is no such thing as a New England accent. I'm from Western Mass. and have a very identifiable and totally different accent than someone from Boston or someone from Maine.
    I was just thinking that. I go to Lenox, MA once a month for a contra dance, and I have yet to encounter anyone at that dance who has that "Kennedy" sound, as I like to call it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orable View Post

Craig Ferguson interviews Ewan McGregor (I seriously think they have the best chemistry evah! Also, how EM pulls off rascally so charmingly, I have no idea...)

Oh God, thank you! Ewan McGregor! Charming as anyone could ever be! We really don't see him enough, do we!

Interesting how each of their accents seems to get stronger as the interview went on. Or was I just more and more into it?

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    David Tennant is enough with his English accent, but when he's got his native Scot on...then he's mega
    Apparently the one thing he had trouble losing when playing Doctor Who was the Scottish long o (as in moon, spoon, June, etc). So what line do the writers give him?

"Judoon platoon upon the moon."

Really, the man doesn't just have a great voice, he has the patience of a saint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    But seriously, are you going to get that picky about such a superficial subject?
    But seriously, you would actually waste an evening even discussing such a superficial subject? Pot, kettle, black.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Apparently the one thing he had trouble losing when playing Doctor Who was the Scottish long o (as in moon, spoon, June, etc). So what line do the writers give him? "Judoon platoon upon the moon."

Really, the man doesn't just have a great voice, he has the patience of a saint.
    One of my favourite episodes of Dr Who was "Tooth & Claw" when they went to Scotland. The Doctor/Tennant got to revert to his native language to "blend in." (And then Rose tried to do Scots and The Doctor made her stop. )

But I first fell in love with Tennant in Taking Over the Asylum -- full-blown Scottish and a red-head!

vCash
    Just started watching the new show, "Extra Virgin" on the Cooking Channel with Debi Mazar and her Italian husband, Gabriele. I love his accent. Every word becomes interesting, even "chicken". He is not hot like most Italian men. He has a scrawny neck, but then he is in a band.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    That phrase alone made my pants drop to my ankles.

I love Italian accents. The whole time I was in Rome, I don't think I actually took in a single fact from a tour guide, because I was too busy at their accents.

vCash
    Here is another clip from Craig Ferguson where Ewan plays a Russian soccer coach. Funny thing is his Russian accent becomes more Scottish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCDsW...eature=related
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I can't believe that people find the Aussie accent attractive.
    I don't. It sounds like a fake/incorrect English to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    I don't. It sounds like a fake/incorrect English to me.

While I don't dislike it, I somewhat agree. To me the Aussie accent is to an English one as the Québécois one is to French.

YMMV.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast