Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Is this the brand name? Thanks, I know very little about vitamin supplements.
    Reply, no it is generic. PM me if you want my Amway/Quixtar/Nutrilite version available at my website.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Since this is a newer vaccine, it is probable that the injection site feel different. But please everyone as your HCP about the Tdap.
    That was probably what I got - the D, P, and T combined. Since it's new, I guess that's why it felt different than it did 10 years ago.

vCash
    I have clients come in all the time that don't even know what the medication they are taking is even for. They tell me and because I have worked with meds for so long, many of the main heart, bp, chol, diabetes, gastro, and mental health meds I know pretty well. (I have all the pain management ones down pat...lol!!)

I can't wrap my head around just taking some medication and not knowing what it is for.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I can't wrap my head around just taking some medication and not knowing what it is for.
    This is a big problem for the elderly. Meds are usually done at the end of an appointment and the patient may already be on information overload. Many don't pick up their own meds at the pharmacy, so don't have the opportunity to go over things with the pharmacist. To top it off, many use pill keepers to aid in compliance, so they don't see the master bottles every day and their memories aren't what they used to be.

I've encouraged my elderly relatives to make a list and take it to all their appointments.
    x med in y dosage n times a day for condition z
    Even my sharp as a tack m-i-l has one on her list that she never seems to recall when listing her meds from memory.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I have clients come in all the time that don't even know what the medication they are taking is even for. They tell me and because I have worked with meds for so long, many of the main heart, bp, chol, diabetes, gastro, and mental health meds I know pretty well. (I have all the pain management ones down pat...lol!!)

What about patients who say: "Oh I am taking those little white pills. You know, the little white pills that the tall doctor prescribed?" That's my favorite.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Ya the CPS has what 5000 little white pills? At least with the coloured pills you have a fighting chance to figure out what they are with the CPS.

A few clients have accessed with just a dosette with no Rx bottles. I get out the CPS to figure out the one's I don't recognize on sight. But damn those little white pills give me a hard time.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456