Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Absolutely. We were 10/11 when Episode 1 came out though. I don't know if you would agree, but to a 10-year-old that movie was awesome. I'd grown up enough by Episode II to recognize what a steaming pile of schluck it was, though
    This is true. My dad is a huge original star wars fan and I love those movies so I did go see all of the new ones right away. And I don't think I minded the first one at the time. It was only later where I realized it was crap.

vCash
    IMO, Titanic definitely should be on the list. Yeah, it was rewarded from bringing in a load of money and throwing loads on the screen, but unbelievably cringe-worthy dialogue, like Attack of the Clones level bad.

I think The English Patient was a good movie, but Fargo deserved it that year. Driving Miss Fu*king Daisy is still the worst best picture winner for me, but that's probably for mostly personal reasons.

Haterz. "Hold me like you did by the lake on nabu" is clearly the best line in the history of film making.
    My "favorite" line from the prequels is when Anakin says, "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!" Really? Evil people say "From my point of view"? And since I'm in the mood to discuss bad movie dialogue, here's an infamous one from the Ben Affleck classic Pearl Harbor after the Pearl Harbor attack: "I think World War II just started!".
    Last edited by jenny12; 02-21-2011 at 01:29 AM.

vCash
    God, how old was I when that stupid Pearl Harbor movie came out? 12? And I remember being gobsmacked about that line. Yeah, it ain't a world war 'till the 'Mericans are in it!

My favorite line from the prequels was the utterly hilarious NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the end of III. I just couldn't stop laughing. I got some glares from several other people in the theater but that was the funniest shit ever. They brought back James Earl Jones for that??

I maintain that Titanic's dialogue was not as bad as Attack of the Clones. There is no dialogue as bad as AOTC. Not in an A-level film at least.

vCash
    There is no dialogue as bad as AOTC. Not in an A-level film at least.
    Oh, I don't know. The Ten Commandments is an A-level film and a guilty pleasure of mine, but some of the dialogue is truly cringe-worthy. Mooohses, Mooohses, Mooohses.

vCash
    I haven't actually seen that one, haha.

vCash
    I maintain that Titanic's dialogue was not as bad as Attack of the Clones. There is no dialogue as bad as AOTC. Not in an A-level film at least.
    Oh, yes, there is. The dialogue in The Phantom Menace is even worse.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    LOL I'm a major Star Wars uber and LOVE the prequels but still think the dialogues were so incredibly dumb it's hilarious!!

Some of my favorites:

I: "Wizaaaard!" It baffles me how George Lucas came up with this.
    II: “From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven’t thought of you. And now that I’m with you again… I’m in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you—I can’t breathe. I’m haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating, hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me… what can I do? I will do anything you ask.” Barf.
    III: "From my point of view, Jedis are evil." That's like adding IMHO on FSU.

On topic, I also love Titanic and don't think it should be on the list. IT was such a movie experience audiences from all generations could appreciate.

*Off to reserve the Star Wars complete Blue Ray set on Amazon*

vCash
    Finally saw The Kids Are All Right. Mark Ruffalo and Julianne Moore were both great. Annette Bening was very good, but her performance wasn't quite as lead-y as Moore's.

vCash
    Originally there was no line there, just lots of fear and wide eyes. I used to know everything about that movie when I was 8 and obsessed.
    I would have left it out.

I know a place...
    vCash
    Absolutely. We were 10/11 when Episode 1 came out though. I don't know if you would agree, but to a 10-year-old that movie was awesome. I'd grown up enough by Episode II to recognize what a steaming pile of schluck it was, though
    That explains my initial opinion of that movie. I remember loving it when it first came out. It actually took me until Revenge of the Sith came out to realize just how bad those movies are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    The Grifters was great, and I think truly underrated. It was a great movie and the three leads were amazing.
    That movie creeped me out so much I can't even THINK of watching it again. The bag full of oranges...

And The Truman Show should have won Best Picture over both Saving Private Ryan or Shakespeare in Love.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Oh, I don't know. The Ten Commandments is an A-level film and a guilty pleasure of mine, but some of the dialogue is truly cringe-worthy. Mooohses, Mooohses, Mooohses.
    My fave part in that movie is when Debra Paget sings that stupid song while she is playing the harp. "Death Cometh to Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........toooooooooo set meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" I always get a kick out of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    My fave part in that movie is when Debra Paget sings that stupid song while she is playing the harp. "Death Cometh to Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........toooooooooo set meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" I always get a kick out of that.
    Like I said, a guilty pleasure. When I wished to exert my authority at work I was fond of informing some underling that "so shall it be written, so shall it be done."

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Oscar Fashion Disasters

I'd almost forgotten about Gwyneth's saggy boobs.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I'd never seen Faith Hill's dress made entirely of cotton candy, but geez...

Chicago's on. How was Renee every such a darling of the Academy? She's wonderful in Bridget Jone's but in everything else she's so insufferable/irritating...

vCash
    I like her. And in this particular case, Roxie isn't exactly supposed to be the kind of heroine you warm to.
    Last edited by Wyliefan; 02-21-2011 at 05:24 PM.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    But is she supposed to be irritating? I mean, Velma's in many ways a much worse person but the way Catherine plays her you just love her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I like her. And in this particular case, Roxy isn't exactly supposed to be the kind of heroine you warm to.
    She is just kind of there to me. I liked her in Bridget Jones, but that's about it. I think my problem is that I've seen it on Broadway a few times and Renee just isn't up to par with the women I've seen play Roxie. In particular, Charlotte D'Amboise is a great Roxie (I didn't like her in A Chorus Line). I think she is currently playing Roxie on Broadway.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

...Her?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Haterz. "Hold me like you did by the lake on nabu" is clearly the best line in the history of film making.
    Lies. The best line is "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."

vCash
    But is she supposed to be irritating? I mean, Velma's in many ways a much worse person but the way Catherine plays her you just love her.
    I didn't find her particularly irritating. Eye of the beholder, I suppose.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast