Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,937
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    I believe you. It's not your fault that this happened. It's just fact that any thread here comparing Euro vs. US will result in poths slamming US skaters and pinky pointing out why everyone but her favorites are so awful. Sad how predictable things have become.
    I used to be more of a 'patriot' I suppose, but I've learned to appreciate good qualities in everyone regardless

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,195
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    33486
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Perhaps but the US has destroyed the Russians over the years in Ladies skating. There are years when we could have sent 5 or 6 skaters to the Olympics easily. And the US has been doing this since the 1950's with very few lulls in between.

    Is this your theme tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

    Ant

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,710
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Is this your theme tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

    Ant
    LOL Hell yeah.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoCal!
    Posts
    1,784
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I used to be more of a 'patriot' I suppose, but I've learned to appreciate good qualities in everyone regardless
    Yeah, seriously. No one here is attacking people or nationalities. No one should even be attacking. It's a matter of liking or disliking one's style and, considering US girls aren't even eligible to COMPETE at Euros, who's the best at the competition AT HAND.

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I generally find US ladies to have more polish and better costumed, but their jumps lack precision and use too many boring Lori Nicole off-the-shelf programs.
    Euro ladies, on the other hand, usually skate faster with more power though in general lack softness and style.

    I prefer to watch Euro ladies at the end of the day because I think they have more interesting music choices and diversity in their programs. Their costumes can be absolutely hideous sometimes, but at least they are not afraid to be different.

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    353
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    And just exactly how many major titles have skaters like Lepisto and Korpi won in the past? Seems like i remember a 16 year old american girl with little to no experience beating the both of them in Vancouver less then a year ago.
    Sorry, but I can't help singing this:
    "Schweigt eures Jammers jauchzenden Schwall!"

    But yeah, US Nationals do have 50 countries (states) as opposed to considerably fewer at European Championships.

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    And just exactly how many major titles have skaters like Lepisto and Korpi won in the past? Seems like i remember a 16 year old american girl with little to no experience beating the both of them in Vancouver less then a year ago.
    One (Lepistö, Europeans 2009). And several more if you consider Kostner to be a "skater like Lepistö and Korpi.

    Nagasu, OTOH, hasn't won any senior-level ISU Championships.

    I love them all and am looking forward to seeing them skate this week.


  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,710
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post
    One (Lepistö, Europeans 2009). And several more if you consider Kostner to be a "skater like Lepistö and Korpi.

    Nagasu, OTOH, hasn't won any senior-level ISU Championships.

    I love them all and am looking forward to seeing them skate this week.

    Yes and Lepsito has about 5, 6 years on Mirai too doesn't she? She should have many more titles by now.

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,873
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    U.S. Ladies vs. Euro Ladies- Which Comp this week will be more riveting?

    Hmm, I´m much more interested in men´s competitions and hope that the quality will be high...

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Yes and Lepsito has about 5, 6 years on Mirai too doesn't she?
    Five years, almost to the day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    She should have many more titles by now.
    I suppose you would have said the same thing about Arakawa, Butyrskaya, and Malinina, who didn't have any ISU titles when they were the age Lepistö is now.

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,130
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah, Kostner is just great isn't she. She just fell not once but twice in her SP at Europeans. Of course she's still in 3rd place overall.

    This ladies SP is painful to watch. The skating has been dreadful. The US ladies last night was miles better than this crap.

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
    Yeah, Kostner is just great isn't she. She just fell not once but twice in her SP at Europeans. Of course she's still in 3rd place overall.

    This ladies SP is painful to watch. The skating has been dreadful. The US ladies last night was miles better than this crap.

  13. #53
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,807
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    The competition isn't even over so why are you assuming Kostner is going to remain in 3rd?

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Spoiler


  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post

    Spoiler



    I'm so happy that I even started crying!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •