Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Wow, how horrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    Just said on BBC that the bomb was packed with screws and ball-bearings. Just wicked.

Motherf*cker.

When will these rebels figure out that violence is not the answer? They're certainly not gaining fans by such actions. Such a waste of life.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    That video is surreal. It's surprisingly calm and people are just walking by the bodies like they aren't even there.

vCash
    From bbc.co.uk

"BBC security correspondent Gordon Corera said immediate suspicion about Monday's attack would fall on militants from the Caucasus region.

Militant groups fighting in the Caucasus know how important the perception that the president and prime minister provide a secure society is, and to undermine that is a key aspect of their aims, adds our correspondent.

Last March the Russian capital's underground system was rocked by two female suicide bombers from Russia's volatile Dagestan region, who detonated their explosives on the busy metro system during rush hour, killing 40 people and injuring more than 80."
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    What a shame. Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their loved ones.

vCash
    Prayers and thoughts to the victims.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    Just said on BBC that the bomb was packed with screws and ball-bearings. Just wicked.

This method is typical to Fundamental Islamic Terror groups. It was often used by Hamas and Jihad suicide attacks in Israel.
    I won't be surprised when the Russians begin blaming this attack on Chechian or Daghestanian terrorists.
    Unofficial Russian sources talk now about 70 people who died in this attack.

My sympathy with the victims, and their families.

vCash
    Surprisingly, I am not seeing much news coverage on CNN, etc. May be they covered it earlier and I missed it.

What is the world coming to? This violence is senseless. Such a waste of precious human life! Unfortunately those who do it don't value human life, not even their own.

RIP all the victims and sympathies to their families.

vCash
    This is so awful and incredibly sad. That video is haunting.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Updated article from FoxNews

In addition to a lot more detail in the article, there are also a couple of links, one to airport surveillance video that captured the bombing, the other another of the scene just after.

vCash

Explosion in Moscow

I just received word that none of our Skating Family was involved in the terrorist attack. The Russian Team left earlier for Europeans.
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    The US speedskating team had flown in to Moscow for a WC event on the day of the bombing but had used neighbouring Sheremetyevo airport. So thank goodness they are all alright. But the team have not decide if they will stay for the event or if it will take place at all.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...f-bombing.html

vCash
    I wonder what will be decided as far as the Olympics. Can they take it away from Sochi? Will Sochi have to demonstrate that they are capable of the level of security needed? How will they do that, especially so close to terrorist home ground?

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I wonder what will be decided as far as the Olympics. Can they take it away from Sochi? Will Sochi have to demonstrate that they are capable of the level of security needed? How will they do that, especially so close to terrorist home ground?
    I doubt this will impact the Olympics location. Security will most certainly be tight but I'm sure they thought of that earlier.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    I doubt this will impact the Olympics location. Security will most certainly be tight but I'm sure they thought of that earlier.
    Yes, I agree, but now that an airport was hit in the international arrivals area, they will have to make some very serious changes. The venue will have to be secure, but the safety of the athletes must extend to their travel. I doubt they would change the venue, but will they be able to provide what is necessary? I suspect that there will be some concern, since this is not the first attack on transportation.

vCash
    It is being reported on the state own media in Russia that the real life attack on Domodedovo Airport resembles a fictional attack portrayed on a popular video game. I am not one to blame to world's ills on video games etc but the parallels are creepy. The video game is called; Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Mission No Russian and can be seen on youtube. Hope they are taken down soon.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...ow/7368830.cms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    It is being reported on the state own media in Russia that the real life attack on Domodedovo Airport resembles a fictional attack portrayed on a popular video game. I am not one to blame to world's ills on video games etc but the parallels are creepy. The video game is called; Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Mission No Russian and can be seen on youtube. Hope they are taken down soon.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...ow/7368830.cms
    That article is just ludicrous. Blaming a video game for this tragedy is just, making excuses. The fact is, there are plenty of videos, books, movies, etc. with violent plots, serial killers, murders the authors/creators come up with extreme scenarios. Is there a possibility that someone will get an idea for the method they use for an attack? Yes. However, the person has to want to attack and be looking for a method. If it were not the bomb in the airport, it would be something else. Bombs in airports and other transportation hubs are not new. Bombs with screws/bolts/etc. are also not new. These people are looking for public places where they can cause maximum damage. Airports, malls, schools, sporting events, hospitals, hotels are prime locations for concentration of people. The world needs to stop looking for irrelevant things to blame and crack down on the organizations that are committing the crimes. And, we need to make explosives and guns harder to get.

FTR, I am of a fan of violent video games, but we need some perspective here.

Oh, Buzz - nothing is directed at you, you just posted the link - thanks.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am decidedly not a fan of violent video games but find the suggestion that one is to blame for this incident far-fetched at the very least.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I am decidedly not a fan of violent video games but find the suggestion that one is to blame for this incident far-fetched at the very least.
    It is unlikely that the people behind this attack were influenced by any video game as they usually reject Western influence. Yes, I profiled Perhaps I am wrong with this profile and it will turn out that the incident was planned by Irish nuns.
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    That video is surreal. It's surprisingly calm and people are just walking by the bodies like they aren't even there.

They're probably in shock. This is just too awful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12