Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1024
    vCash
    Oh heck, I'm on the wrong thread. I thought I was on the US one. Having two threads is confusing
    Well, while I am here, wasn't there anything they could have done for her except the C section?
    Earlier I thought Dr Clarkson was advising someother treatment before she got worse that might have saved her.

vCash
    There is only one way to cure pre-eclampsia, and that is to deliver the baby. Nowadays doctors will put the mothers on magnesium sulfate to help reduce high blood pressure and the risk of stroke, but the only way to keep the symptoms from worsening is to have the baby, no matter how pre-term it might be.

Dr. Clarkson was recommending c-section because it would have been quicker and would have reduced the stress of labor on her body, but back then the risks of such an operation ALMOST outweighed the risks of not doing it. But still, there was a chance it would have helped.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    What IS the difference between the two Downton threads? I am new to this Downton business and only caught up watching a week ago.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    What IS the difference between the two Downton threads? I am new to this Downton business and only caught up watching a week ago.
    One is for the folks that have seen the entire show - as it was already shown in the UK.
    The PBS thread is following the US showing, now just 3 weeks in (4 episodes).

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    One is for the folks that have seen the entire show - as it was already shown in the UK.
    The PBS thread is following the US showing, now just 3 weeks in (4 episodes).
    Thank you! I guess I will have to make sure not to spoil the PBS folks. I haven't seen the 3rd season yet but found spoilers online.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    If you can't wait, the third season DVDs are available on Amazin today

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I've been avoiding this thread (and started the other "PBS" one) because I don't want spoilers ... but it's driving me nuts. Can someone please tell me whether or not Bates is still in prison by the end of season 3. I don't want details about how it happens, just whether or not he gets released.

Maybe best to PM me so that others don't get inadvertently spoiled.

TIA!

ETA: Got my answer -- thank you danceronice. (That was quick!)
    Last edited by Artemis@BC; 01-30-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    If you can't wait, the third season DVDs are available on Amazin today
    Also, the amazon instant video is available. I watched episode 6 last night. All I can say is one character really really annoys me lately and another is a

from Speedy Death

vCash
    My poor little cousin just saw the Sybil death, and sent me an e-mail full of anguish. Sixteen paragraphs of anguish.

Spoiler

Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    My poor little cousin just saw the Sybil death, and sent me an e-mail full of anguish. Sixteen paragraphs of anguish.

Spoiler

I just finished watching season 3 and I knew what was coming but

Spoiler

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I just finished watching (well sort of) did fast wind. Really only wanted to see the Sybil part. I loved her. It's so doom and gloom or maybe I missed the light parts. The Matthew and Mary part is getting old, as well as Bates and the prison scenes. Daisy is annoying to me and don't even get me started on Tom. The only person nice to him (and why is that) He's a jerk to everyone. I hate that I don't like the show much any more.

vCash
    I assume this is the UK thread with spoilers. Just in case though

Spoiler

Port de bras!!!
    vCash

Spoiler

I've read about it but not the details provided above. Can't wait.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I've read about it but not the details provided above. Can't wait.
    Too bad Henry Cavill is sort of tied up now as I'd suggest him. Jon Rhys Meyers also has a new show coming out I believe.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Oooh, Henry Cavill. Very pretty. And yes, too bad.

from Speedy Death

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Oooh, Henry Cavill. Very pretty. And yes, too bad.
    Hey, maybe the new Superman will tank, too (as it almost undoubtedly will...) Though really, I will sit through crap to watch Henry Cavill be pretty.

vCash
    Let's see, whoelse from the Tudors? Allen Leech is already on the show. Colin O'Donoghue (Princess Mary's suitor) and Max Brown (Edward Seymour) are tied up. That creepy guy who played Culpepper? Is James Frain too old?

vCash

Spoiler

I'd heard this, but dang, I was hoping to hear the "Who". They are supposed to start filming Series 4 this month though, so it shoud be soon.

vCash
    I would just like to know who is going to drag Robert into reality and save the estate!
    Even his mother is more realistic than he is about the present and future.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    I would just like to know who is going to drag Robert into reality and save the estate!
    Even his mother is more realistic than he is about the present and future.
    I think Matthew's just going to present him with a fait accomplit, really--"Here's the business plan, remember I'm a partner now, this is what we're doing if we want to keep Downton solvent." I don't think Robert's problem is so much being "modern", as much as he's taken some huge body blows to his pride--he screwed up his investments so badly they almost lost the estate and he lost all the fortune for which he married Cora in the first place, the vaunted 'expert' he brought in for Sybil wound up ignoring every symptom she had (whether Clarkson would have saved her at odds of 100-1, he at least recognized something was wrong and had a plan other than stand there going "Tee-hee, silly woman, you're just having a baby, delusions and seizures are totally normal!"), it's reached the point his own wife and daughters are basically ignoring his "authority" to the point he blows up about relatively silly things (Ethel--he's lucky that Mary didn't point out in private that forget having an ex-hooker waiting at table, if someone was going to open them up to 'scandal' she's got a doozy in her own past), and he's clearly lost control of even conversations (even his own MOTHER, who's undoubtedly just as good an Anglican, was helping dogpile Robert and the Vicar...) I don't think it's so much modern ideas as the fact that so far, he's demonstrated he can screw up over and over. It's not new ideas that nearly cost him his estate-it's his refusing to listen to the very old advice not to put all your investments in one thing. Even if it perfectly followed court etiquette ca. 1870, Robert would have trouble with any development that challenges his competency. His job in life is one thing: run Downton and the estates. He's demonstrated that no matter how he means well, he's screwed up a lot at it. He's defensive because he knows that.

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast