Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1024
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    well, he had that injury that the dr said would keep his hoo ha from functioning properly. then it spontaneously healed. maybe not so much.

i cried during tonight's epi
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Spoil me, mlp. They are not yet showing it here.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash

Spoiler

I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    well, he had that injury that the dr said would keep his hoo ha from functioning properly. then it spontaneously healed. maybe not so much.

I have a suspicion the issue may be on her side, whatever that is. (She went to the doctor after all)
    I cried too.

re:

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    that's true she did. i wonder what diagnostic tools were available at that time for correctly predicting barriers to fertility?

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash

Can't be that, Sir Malpractice did ask if everything was 'functioning' and Matthew indicated it was. (The worry was he was paralyzed and literally could not have performed sexually, not that there was anything reproductively wrong. If they're having sex, and they clearly are, that's not the issue.) And ironically, Dr. Expert WAS right--it's only been a few months and Matthew and Mary are stressing about it. #1 way to make it LESS likely to get pregnant is to obsess over it and try too hard. Yes, he could do a 'test' (I think they were subtly referring to a sperm motility check) but there is nothing unusual about her not being pregnant from a medical standpoint.

Now, if only Mr. Invitation-To-a-Lawsuit could

Spoiler

Port de bras!!!
    vCash

Spoiler

Thanks!

Spoiler

"Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash

Spoiler

Title-less
    vCash

Spoiler

Port de bras!!!
    vCash

Spoiler

from Speedy Death

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post

Spoiler

Was it safe to do it back then?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    There is always a risk but I think it was more so back then. Hmm....watching it now. Sybil's mental state is altered. I am with Dr. Clarkson though because she was in danger anyway so a C-section might have been the only chance. Sir Philip is an incompetent jerk. Then of course, it may not have made any difference.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 01-28-2013 at 05:52 AM.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I was spoiled, but a lot of my Facebook friends weren't, poor things. My feed last night was full of their cries. (It WAS very sad to watch, even though I knew beforehand.)

Spoilerish for a couple of episodes from now:

Spoiler

Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Personally I'm looking forward to one line coming up because I'm dying to know why it's said, given the bad blood between the speaker and the person whose bacon he/she is saving:

Spoiler

vCash
    [QUOTE=danceronice;3819950]Personally I'm looking forward to one line coming up because I'm dying to know why it's said, given the bad blood between the speaker and the person whose bacon he/she is saving:

I'm confused. When did this conversation occur? Isn't everyone watching season 3 right now - and the speaker is in jail.

vCash
    Season finale before the "Christmas" special.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Japanfan;3820183]
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Personally I'm looking forward to one line coming up because I'm dying to know why it's said, given the bad blood between the speaker and the person whose bacon he/she is saving:

I'm confused. When did this conversation occur? Isn't everyone watching season 3 right now - and the speaker is in jail.
    Season 3 aired months ago in the UK, so many people have seen it already. It is only airing now in the US and Canada. You have to be very careful in this thread to avoid spoilers.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    This is the thread with spoilers (it started when the series was airing the UK months ago). If you want no spoilers from people in the UK/with expat shield/who just go looking for them, do not read this thread.

vCash
    I read the spoilers on the other thread so I knew what was coming. I am glad because I don 't think I could have been able to watch that if it had been a surprise.
    And I agree with Cora, it was Robert's fault. Just like the nobles of the time, if someone is titled, and rich, you pay more attention to what they say even if they are a idiot instead of listening to the Doctor you have known all your life.
    Imagine, all of them quite happily eating dinner while she was dying. Idiots.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Latte, a C-section may not have saved her either. She could have gotten eclampsia anyway or died from complications from the surgery. However, there was a chance things would have gone better. There is no telling for sure but Sir Philip may have deprived her of the only chance she had. Or not.

from Speedy Death

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast