Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Alas, I think their happiness will be short-lived. I don't see the series "showing" their life in Ireland, and I also don't see them writing out one of the sisters (unless Jessica Brown Findlay wants to leave the show). So I suspect they'll kill Branson off somehow in the 1919-21 guerilla war.
    Bite your tongue Although, sadly, you are probably right.

I do have another possible scenario, but I need to wait until after the next ep, because - Spoilers!

vCash

Exclamation

[QUOTE=danceronice;3484523] Cora basically comes off sounding like a socialite airhead again, ie the person that Robert had to learn to love, with effort, when they first married. Though obviously he's gotten an emotional shake-up with Cora nearly dying of the flu.
    /QUOTE]

I find your assessment of Cora to be a bit harsh. I think she is actually a lot more level-headed about family needs than Robert.

Granted, her comment about Matthew being "lame" was lame in itself but during that conversation she defended Sybil twice, once when Robert scoffed at Sybil's wartime nursing efforts and again when he said something to the effect that he couldn't understand why she was interested in Branson (who does??? ) Then, when Cora did defend Sybil, Robert got snide to her with his "if you are going to go American on me..." comment. Hey, Robert, remember that it was her American money that saved your dear DA all those years ago.

Cora's quick action-plan also saved Mary's butt after the Turkish affair.

Frankly, I believe with Cora that Mary is their first priority, not Matthew. Robert seems to love Matthew as a son now and I believe that love is blinding Robert to his paternal obligations towards Mary. In his defense, Robert doesn't know about the potentially disastrous scandal regarding Mary, either, which is prompting Cora's desire to get Mary, married, ASAP.

Love certainly wasn't the reason why Robert married Cora, initially; she may have only been after a title which would make both of them lesser people in the marriage department at first. But there does seem to be affection and devotion to each other that has grown over the years so I don't think it has been a love-less match over the years.

"Patrick" has to return - the resolution of this storyline and who is the heir to the entail is essential to the future of DA.

I hate courtroom drama so I hope they don't waste too much time on Bates and his trial in the next episode.

Cameron's "Titanic" in 3-D???? No way. I don't like 3-D movies, at all.

vCash
    I haven't watched this but want to start - apparently Vision TV is replaying the entire series? Does anyone know the schedule for that?

Quadless
    vCash
    Oh no - I just saw an ad for Downton Abbey, and it said that Sunday is the season finale.

"I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I haven't watched this but want to start - apparently Vision TV is replaying the entire series? Does anyone know the schedule for that?
    http://www.visiontv.ca/shows/downton-abbey/

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Try another route if you can. Vision is notorious for chopping for commercials -- I swear they sometimes cut in mid-sentence.

Have you checked your library to see if they have the DVDs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Oh no - I just saw an ad for Downton Abbey, and it said that Sunday is the season finale.

Take heart! They're filming season 3. Now I'll get back to The Good Wife.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Try another route if you can. Vision is notorious for chopping for commercials -- I swear they sometimes cut in mid-sentence.

Have you checked your library to see if they have the DVDs?
    It's at the library, but the hold list is huge - probably a year wait at least.

I'll be grateful for the Vision coverage and look forward to it. It's a whole lot better than nothing and if I really like it I can a) buy it or b) get on the library waiting list to watch it again in about a year.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    The preview for the finale looks great. Sir Richard has a good punch to the jaw coming to him.

I keep wondering if the producers were taking a metaphorical swing at Murdoch with that character, but then I realize I'm being both a news nerd and anachronistic.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post

I keep wondering if the producers were taking a metaphorical swing at Murdoch with that character, but then I realize I'm being both a news nerd and anachronistic.
    Anachronism has often been a very good way of criticising something not too directly. You can deny everything very nicely, if asked.

And great, I love to hate Sir Richard.

vCash
    Sorry, I tried to get into this, but could not.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    O/T, but Ralph Lauren's Fall 2012 runway show was inspired by the show. You'll recognize the music :

http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/inde...men_collection

Click on "Watch highlights," or "Watch the full show."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Sorry, I tried to get into this, but could not.
    I watched a couple of episodes and lost interest. It is like the afternoon soaps - they keep adding diversions to drag out the main plot, which is whether the romantic leads will get together.

I find the FSU thread and the SNL Spike TV parody entertaining though.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    The preview for the finale looks great. Sir Richard has a good punch to the jaw coming to him.

You’re not alone...
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    I watched a couple of episodes and lost interest. It is like the afternoon soaps - they keep adding diversions to drag out the main plot, which is whether the romantic leads will get together.
    The first season was profoundly better than the second, which got really cliched really quickly.

Is the "season finale" the Christmas episode, or is that being aired later?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Is the "season finale" the Christmas episode, or is that being aired later?
    It's the Christmas episode.

vCash
    I have a question about the funeral (Lavinia's).

There was a time when women did not attend funerals - especially the graveside services. Does anyone know when this practice started to change. Had it changed by the end of World War I?

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    O/T, but Ralph Lauren's Fall 2012 runway show was inspired by the show. You'll recognize the music :

http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/inde...men_collection

Click on "Watch highlights," or "Watch the full show."
    The evening wear. What I wouldn't give for that first gown, the body to wear it and a great place for wearing it!
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    The evening wear. What I wouldn't give for that first gown, the body to wear it and a great place for wearing it!
    Or you could don the black velvet smoking jacket with scarlet collar (5:00 min. mark), invite FSU friends over, and watch skating. No smoking!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i would go to a black tie viewing of worlds

of course, we would need 25 laptops set up with IN in one place
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast