Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,021 to 1,024 of 1024
    vCash
    Are you forgetting Matthew won't be there? Will Mary maybe pound some sense into her fathers head, or is she another of the same kind? So far, it looks like she is.
    Hum, maybe if Cora threatens to leave him.......I'll have to think about that one.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    Are you forgetting Matthew won't be there? Will Mary maybe pound some sense into her fathers head, or is she another of the same kind? So far, it looks like she is.
    Hum, maybe if Cora threatens to leave him.......I'll have to think about that one.
    He's not going next episode. And in any case

Spoiler

Mary's not STUPID, nor is Robert. The money won't last forever. Plus when it's Mary's children who'll be facing reality if they go bankrupt again she'll be singing a different tune.

Cora wouldn't leave him over it. Cora doesn't really care about Downton the way Robert does, she cares about her family (even Robert when she's pissed at him, or she'd have walked multiple times recently). If they had to move, they had to move, what was important was their staying together. Remember, she already upped sticks and moved to a different country, leaving her family in the US. Leaving a grand house would be sad, retrenching would be an inconvenience, but she isn't likely to be hung up on brick, mortar and soil. Robert's problem is he's caught up in the idea that if he changes anything, he's admitting he's failed his responsibility to Downton. He's not resistant because he's an idiot, he's resistant because admitting the problems and rectifying them is in part admitting his own ineptitude.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I've finished watching season 3 and my spoiler comment on the above is as follows:

Spoiler

"Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Maybe we should combine these threads now that it's aired worldwide? Apologies if it hasn't aired somewhere FSU has posters.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152