Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    only in uk.... i trtied a link someone sent me but i am not wanting download a tonne of pieces to watch!
    I didn't have to download anything. I just got a few (admittedly annoying) pop ups.

It's been working fine for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    Has it aired in the U.S.? I thought we had to wait until January. If so, I appreciate the spoiler tags, because I don't want to know beforehand.
    It hasn't aired here yet, pollyanna.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    And I almost never mind spoilers. The only things in the last ten+ years where I've gone out of my way to remain spoiler-free were "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" and "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith" (since I'd been waiting for the latter for about THIRTY YEARS, I wanted a pristine viewing experience.) Otherwise, I'm good.
    Wasn't "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith" basically spoiled by the second movie (or 5th movie depending on you count them).

Spoiler

:-)

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moojja View Post
    Wasn't "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith" basically spoiled by the second movie (or 5th movie depending on you count them).

Spoiler

:-)
    It's not the who, it's the how and the why. (I mean, no one figures he sired Luke and Leia while wearing that suit, right? Plus clearing up Obi-Wan's version of the truth...) And how was Senator Palpatine going to become the Emperor? THAT was old news by thirty years, too, down to the actor, but it's the how.

Downtown Abbey, I've only recently cared about. I can live without being surprised. Plus it's ultimately rather soapy--it's not going to be THAT surprising.

vCash
    Just watched this week's episode. even though I had unintentionally spoiled myself and I knew what was coming, I was bawling That scene was extremely well done!

vCash
    Sigh...the Dowager always knows what's needed.

Mrs. Pattimore's line about salmon mousse was hilarious.

And,

Spoiler

Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Sigh...the Dowager always knows what's needed.

Mrs. Pattimore's line about salmon mousse was hilarious.

And,

Spoiler

It was a gentler episode last night after the full on drama of the past couple of weeks. Still I enjoyed it and can see how some things are being set up for more drama in future episodes

vCash
    Haven't been back to this thread as I didn't want to know too much about the upcoming season.

Here in the U.S. I notice that the whole series is being re-broadcast. Here, it's starting tonight with episode 1. I look forward to enjoying the whole thing all over again.

vCash
    Just one episode left of the 3rd season but we have a Christmas episode to look forwards to

vCash
    I'm gutted that it's the last episode tomorrow. It seems only a few weeks ago that we were leading up to the start of the new series. I had to laugh though looking at a few of the fansites on tumblr - Amazon made a huge error and sent out the Season 3 DVD box sets that were pre-ordered early and some people received them on Friday. Lots of spoilers floating about for what happens in the last episode now!!! (yeah I looked, I have no self-restraint!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieD View Post
    I'm gutted that it's the last episode tomorrow. It seems only a few weeks ago that we were leading up to the start of the new series. I had to laugh though looking at a few of the fansites on tumblr - Amazon made a huge error and sent out the Season 3 DVD box sets that were pre-ordered early and some people received them on Friday. Lots of spoilers floating about for what happens in the last episode now!!! (yeah I looked, I have no self-restraint!)
    Does that include the Christmas episode as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieD View Post

You would think amazon would learn, because the exact same thing happened last year. Off to find spoilers.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    You would think amazon would learn, because the exact same thing happened last year. Off to find spoilers.
    Do post them here, as I can't find anything! Gah!

vCash
    According to the Daily Mail, Matthew Crawley won't be back for season 4!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ason-four.html

WHAT ABOUT THE ENTAIL!!!! lol
    Last edited by Coco; 11-25-2012 at 09:28 PM.

vCash
    What? Noooooooo.

Maybe this is why the writers want to dial back DA to it's "origin" story? Because seriously, Matthew has been key to the whole show. If they kill him off then I am DONE, and the show wouldn't be the same if he and Mary just left.

vCash
    Let's see. Matthew is in a accident. Terrible facial injuries. When they take off the bandages, it's a new actor.
    Oh wait, the've done that on every soap opera series ever made, haven't they.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    According to the Daily Mail, Matthew Crawley won't be back for season 4!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ason-four.html

WHAT ABOUT THE ENTAIL!!!! lol
    Well, from a STRICTLY HYPOTHETICAL view (as I don't know any spoilers about the last episode or next series), he and Mary would simply need to have a son. Just like Patrick's father was originally the closer cousin and heir and how if the "imposter" was really Patrick, now that his father was dead he'd be next in line.

Oh, THERE'S another dangling plot thread, if Matthew is somehow removed, they could always bring back Patrick/Peter Gordon/Grantham and the question of who is the rightful heir to Downton.

On another note, I just got the Signals holiday catalog--you can now order a t-shirt saying "I'm a Mary" ("feisty and fashionable"), "I'm an Edith" ("bookish and sensitive"), or "I'm a Sybil" ("modern and rebellious), one of the Dowager Countess ("I am a woman ... I can be as contrary as I chose"), "Keep Calm and Ring Carson To Bring Tea", or two designs for "Free John Bates."

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    So, here the upgrade double-posts, at COTH is gives you the 'no posting within 30 seconds", and DF it just gets hung up and an error message...right.

vCash
    I think England abolished something entail related in 1925, but I have no idea what year it is in Downton Land, just that it's after WW1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    On another note, I just got the Signals holiday catalog--you can now order a t-shirt saying "I'm a Mary" ("feisty and fashionable"), "I'm an Edith" ("bookish and sensitive"), or "I'm a Sybil" ("modern and rebellious), one of the Dowager Countess ("I am a woman ... I can be as contrary as I chose"), "Keep Calm and Ring Carson To Bring Tea", or two designs for "Free John Bates."
    I saw that too. Was tempted to buy the Dowager one.

Spoiler

Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast