Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    *For the first time in recent years, Russia has become a medal force in all four disciplines. ... I can't quite understand the next bit, but I think it implies that Makarova was the weakest member of the whole Russian team, but that she is still young and this is only her 2nd season...I think...
    Not actually, he only said Ksenia skated last in the warm up and the pressure on her was huge, so she couldn't show her very best, but she is young and will have another chance

vCash
    ^ah ok, thank you!! (and sorry)

vCash
    If what Morozov said is true,I'm feel sorry for Miki...She never get enough respect or support from JSF,but she wins a lot.don't know why JSF treat her so bad...

vCash
    thanks for the translation, loves_shizuka!

vCash
    Could someone translate this paragraph please, the automatic translation is hard to understand.

http://www.15min.lt/naujiena/sportas...ere-295-148352
    „Aš dėkoju Ukrainai, kad padovanojo man tokią nuostabią partnerę. Mano tėvai yra iš Ukrainos, todėl su Tatjana turime daug bendra. Su ja lengva bendrauti, treniruotis ir dalyvauti varžybose. Labai gera žinoti, kad taip greitai tapome pasaulio porų lyderiais“, – tikino M.Trankovas ir prisipažino, kad su Tatjana susibūrė dėl pagrindinio tikslo – Sočio žiemos olimpinių žaidynių.
    Is Trankov saying that his parents are Ukrainian? That would be interesting if Tatiana was born in Ukraine to Russian parents, while he's born in Russia to Ukrainian parents..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nro View Post
    Could someone translate this paragraph please, the automatic translation is hard to understand.

http://www.15min.lt/naujiena/sportas...ere-295-148352

Is Trankov saying that his parents are Ukrainian? That would be interesting if Tatiana was born in Ukraine to Russian parents, while he's born in Russia to Ukrainian parents..
    "I thank you Ukraine, that gave me such a wonderful partner. My parents are from Ukraine, and Tatiana have a lot in common."

It looks like that's what he said. I don't think I ever heard him mention it before.

vCash
    Please, can someone translate what Tuktamisheva says in this interview?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_S3m...layer_embedded

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    I understand all this kwanfan1818, but when everything is said and done, I/K's result is still amazing for their situation. The fact that the Shibutanis did even better does not change this. The Shibutanis have had ups and downs in the last two seasons and so have Elena and Nikita. Next season may be another story.

I am glad that Zhulin takes the approach of not exhausting them if that is what he thinks is right at that point of time. It is a brave and unselfish decision. Russia has already lost some tremendous talent because of skaters being pushed for immediate results - Anjelika Krylova and Maksim Shabalin. In Shpilband's camp there have been injuries related to over-training and quite a few eating disorders. Elena and Nikita are young, I would not wish them to be worn out physically and psychologically. I don't care if they're 7th instead of 5th this year, as long as they stay healthy and continue to delight us.

Those two are great examples (Anjelica Krylova and Maxim Shabalin) of skaters having to end their careers early due to overtraining/injuries. Although injuries in sports are not always due to overtraining, some bodies may not be able to handle too much, and they need to be sensitive to that- skaters, coaches and their feds. Put it simply, I agree with your post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladida View Post
    Please, can someone translate what Tuktamisheva says in this interview?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_S3m...layer_embedded
    I'll try... My English isn't perfect though

Next season you will compete at Senior Grand Prix, are you ready for that?
    I try not to think about it, it's just another competition and the most important for me to skate well. It doesn't matter where the competition is and who my rivals are, I just want to do my best

You technical content is already very difficult even for seniors...
    Yes, it is, but it's one thing to land all these jumps in practices and it's very different in competition, so it's very important to be well prepared. Sometimes I make mistakes in my programs, so I will work even harder

We all watch you rivalry with Adelina Sotnikova. Will you change something next season to be more competitive? Will you keep you programs?
    I'm not sure about my short program, it's still kind of new, so maybe we will keep it. And I'll have a new long program for sure

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Isn't this how many of the skaters adjusted to the change in the schedule?
    Yes.

Anyway, P/B seemed in good form in this competition, not out of shape at all. Fabian slipped in one step - they rightly payed the price of it, but this was not an indication of not being ready for the championships.
    Yes, they did, and in an interview translated here, one of P/B said that this was a positive thing.

That they were described as being out-of-shape after the fact sounds like one more politically motivated slap at Zhulin's coaching ability, because other people want Insta-Results and for the skaters to be pushed as hard as possible as soon as possible, and it's not Zhulin's strategy to pressure his young skaters that way leading up to Sochi. One of the problems with early success is the tendency to repeat the formula again and again, because if the skaters don't succeed with something new, they are seen as having gone backwards. If he's allowed to stick to the plan to experiment with style and elements to come up with the right formula leading to Sochi, I think he'll have better skaters.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Thank you, Autumn girl.

vCash
    According to some reports, Gorshkova/Butikov are done.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    A big thank you to all the Russian speakers for the translations. Don't worry that your English isn't very good (I think it's fine) since many and probably most of the English speaking fan's Russian is non-existent. We are grateful.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by millipied View Post
    According to some reports, Gorshkova/Butikov are done.
    No, they are not. They are still together and preparing for the next season.
    Last edited by Eris; 05-07-2011 at 11:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    No, they are not. They are atill together and preparing for the next season.
    Did they change the coach? If they stay with Chaykovskaya I don't see any hope that they will improve.

vCash
    I like G/B but their programs have been awful the last 2 seasons.. They were beating Bobrova&Soloviev back in 2009 and look where are they now!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by risto1803 View Post
    Did they change the coach? If they stay with Chaykovskaya I don't see any hope that they will improve.
    AFAIK, they didn't...
    And I agree with you, while they're under Chaykovskaya they will always be like... the 5th Russian team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    AFAIK, they didn't...
    And I agree with you, while they're under Chaykovskaya they will always be like... the 5th Russian team.
    Next season they can only dream of being even 5th Russian team... I/K, B/S, R/T, M/K, K/A, Pushkash/Guerreiro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    I like G/B but their programs have been awful the last 2 seasons.. They were beating Bobrova&Soloviev back in 2009 and look where are they now!!
    Yeah, the most interesting thing about any of G/B's programs this year was that amazing puff sleeve he wore.

I think they're going to be the 7th Russian team next year.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast