Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1035
  1. #21
    Loving on babies!
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Twin heaven!
    Posts
    11,727
    vCash
    1570
    Rep Power
    42922
    Bah. They should be sending Menshov. Not that being national champion has mattered ever if that person then bombs at Euros for some reason.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    9,949
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavla2304 View Post
    It's a pity that we are able to see so few of the photos that they have shot in this session. The magazine printed a few, now there are a few in this blog and they are all very beautiful. I would like to see many more. Actually, if there were a V/T calender I might consider buying it.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,494
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So Gachinskii and Ilynikh/Katsalapov are confirmed for Worlds?

    Or only rumours for now?

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    28,064
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34762
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So Gachinskii and Ilynikh/Katsalapov are confirmed for Worlds?

    Or only rumours for now?
    Alexei Gorshkov said in an interview that Riazanova/Tkachenko are not going to Worlds, so I/K it is.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    698
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Alexei Gorshkov said in an interview that Riazanova/Tkachenko are not going to Worlds, so I/K it is.
    oh wow.. i just realized that russia only has two spots for dance.. Sad for R/T, but very happy for I/K as well, hope they can get three spots again for next year.

  6. #26
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Gorshkov said Gachinski will got to the Worlds. Decided.
    A little contradicting information in Russian press. Earlier Gorshkov said in Bern that Gachinski will got to the worlds. But later Rukavitsyn said to Sovsport and Baltinfo that he still does not have any official information. Menshov is currently training as usual. He added that if FSFR decides that Gachinski will go to the worlds, Menshov will be engaged in a show.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7770
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    A little contradicting information in Russian press. Earlier Gorshkov said in Bern that Gachinski will got to the worlds. But later Rukavitsyn said to Sovsport and Baltinfo that he still does not have any official information. Menshov is currently training as usual. He added that if FSFR decides that Gachinski will go to the worlds, Menshov will be engaged in a show.
    So does that mean Menshov is going to retire?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

    Bruce Lee

  8. #28
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,229
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    43380
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    It's a pity that we are able to see so few of the photos that they have shot in this session. The magazine printed a few, now there are a few in this blog and they are all very beautiful. I would like to see many more. Actually, if there were a V/T calender I might consider buying it.
    Me too.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  9. #29
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    So does that mean Menshov is going to retire?
    I am afraid nobody can answer this question right now, neither FSFR, nor Rukavitsyn, nor Menshov himself.

    I still want to see 4Loop done in competition! We have seen a lot of 4T and some 4S and that is all. That would be great if a new quad landed successfully in competitions. For now, Menshov and Plush are the only ones who can land it. New Quad!!! New Quad!!!

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,494
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Kevin Reynolds is landing 4loops in practice and was supposed to attempt one at Canadian Nationals.

    Kevin Van Der Perren used to land it in practice too, years ago, back in his heyday.

  11. #31
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Kevin Reynolds is landing 4loops in practice and was supposed to attempt one at Canadian Nationals.

    Kevin Van Der Perren used to land it in practice too, years ago, back in his heyday.
    I know. Also Dai landed 4F in practice and Plush landed 4Lutz. I think it's time for us to finally see a new quad landed in competitions, not in practice only. That would be really great methinks.

  12. #32

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,963
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8219
    Menshov didn't try yet the quad loop in competition, I think and it is unlikely he would do so at Worlds if he gets to be sent. He practiced the quad loop over the summer but I don't think he has been doing it lately.
    Anyway, the Russian Federation wanted to determine their Worlds team based on the result from Europeans. Konstantin Menshov is not very constistent, let's face it. If he skates at Worlds in the short program like he did at Europeans, he probably wouldn't even make the Final. It is not like he bombed for the first time.
    I guess the Federation will also see how Sergei Voronov skates this week at the Universiade. He did a clean short already (but only 3T-3T for his combo).

    I feel sorry for Konstantin Menshov, I would be happy for him if he can compete at Worlds. As for retirement, I don't think so. He said at Russian Nationals that he might go on until Sotchi if he is healthy and still enjoying to compete.

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,986
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    1833
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    It's a pity that we are able to see so few of the photos that they have shot in this session. The magazine printed a few, now there are a few in this blog and they are all very beautiful. I would like to see many more. Actually, if there were a V/T calender I might consider buying it.
    There's also the video of the photoshoot:
    Ultraporny photoshoot

    Does anyone know if ProSport is connected to RIANovosti or if it's just a joint video they did?

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    426
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I am afraid nobody can answer this question right now, neither FSFR, nor Rukavitsyn, nor Menshov himself.

    I still want to see 4Loop done in competition! We have seen a lot of 4T and some 4S and that is all. That would be great if a new quad landed successfully in competitions. For now, Menshov and Plush are the only ones who can land it. New Quad!!! New Quad!!!
    Maybe we should wait one from Artur Dmitriev, jr? AFAIK he can do 4T, 4S and 4Lo

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,975
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Maybe we should wait one from Artur Dmitriev, jr? AFAIK he can do 4T, 4S and 4Lo
    When Kevin Reynolds claimed he had 4Lo, i thought he probably will perform at
    Canadian nationals, instead he under-rotated his jumps. So with Dmitriev Jr,and his past performance from this season he would do the same.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    209
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post

    I still want to see 4Loop done in competition! We have seen a lot of 4T and some 4S and that is all. That would be great if a new quad landed successfully in competitions. For now, Menshov and Plush are the only ones who can land it. New Quad!!! New Quad!!!

    Roman Serov could do a quad loop too. He attempted them in competition but never landed one.

  17. #37
    Loving on babies!
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Twin heaven!
    Posts
    11,727
    vCash
    1570
    Rep Power
    42922
    Voronov, in the FS video from Universiade, looks like he reinjured his foot/ankle.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,330
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    41317
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I know. Also Dai landed 4F in practice and Plush landed 4Lutz. I think it's time for us to finally see a new quad landed in competitions, not in practice only. That would be really great methinks.
    Plushenko did attempt the 4Lz at CoR 2001. He nearly made it too; two-footed it, tried not to put his hand down...and splatted on his butt

    He never tried it in competition again after that. I wonder why?

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,307
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    My theory is that he was landing it but not really that well. So when he tried it and fell rather than become overly concerned with landing it they just tossed it for strategy. Or maybe he hurt himself.

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    9,949
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Voronov, in the FS video from Universiade, looks like he reinjured his foot/ankle.
    Oh no! He never gets a break!

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •