Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Interesting....On the current Seasons Best List, that would eliminate all the pairs from #23 on:

23 139.94 Klara KADLECOVA / Petr BIDAR CZE
    etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My 1040 View Post
    I can live without all of those skaters.
    You certainly will have to, unless they are from the host country and are allowed to be picked for the event.

48 spots for Pairs
    Top 6 take 18 of them.
    Leaves 30
    Spots 7 through 22 take the rest...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    oki doki lets get into the details
    Singles - down to 10 entries each
    Dance - down to 8 entries each
    Pairs - remains at 8
    When there were 10 dance entries, most GPs were down to 8 or 9 anyway, because some entries withdraw too late or can't be replaced for some other reason. So the risk now is for there to be just 6-7 entries for dance as well as for pairs, which is just ridiculous.

It is no longer a "Grand Prix", but a "Small Prix" now. Or rather, a "Miniscule Prix".

vCash
    I'm not liking these changes one bit. Hopefully the smaller federations will band together and prevent this from being passed.

vCash
    Grand Prix Final 2011 will be held in Quebec City!!! woohoo!! I'm happy because I will be able to go!

Here's a French article about it:
    http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/Q...x-quebec.shtml

Skate Canada will make the official announcement on February 22nd. The competition will be held at "Pavillon de la Jeunesse" not Colisée Pepsi as usual, but it's close to each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quebecoise View Post
    Grand Prix Final 2011 will be held in Quebec City!!! woohoo!! I'm happy because I will be able to go!
    I wouldn't mind going to Quebec City sometime, but December? Won't the weather (i.e. snow) be a problem? And IIRC, the Colisee Pepsi is outside the city (I looked into going to SC when it was there in 2002) - is this arena any easier to get to?

ETA: Just did a quick Expedia search and the cheapest round trip for me is $670. Looks like I'll have to wait to see both Quebec City and the GPF. I hope SA is in an accessible location.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    I wouldn't mind going to Quebec City sometime, but December? Won't the weather (i.e. snow) be a problem? And IIRC, the Colisee Pepsi is outside the city (I looked into going to SC when it was there in 2002) - is this arena any easier to get to?
    From the photos I've seen, Quebec City, while beautiful anytime of the year, is particularly stunning at Christmas time. I imagine it would be a wonderful time to visit, provided there isn't a big snow storm preventing flights from landing at YQB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    It is no longer a "Grand Prix", but a "Small Prix" now. Or rather, a "Miniscule Prix".
    How about the "Petit Prix of Figure Skating"?

vCash
    I don't really like skaters having the option of doing 3 GP events. When they place on the podium it can screw up the possibility of other teams going to the GPF.

I went to SC last year and was not very enthusiastic because of all the withdrawals. Then along cam MT&M out of thin air and gave us all something to cheer about. That kind of thing needs to be possible, and it might not be if the minimum scores are implemented.

And I would really love to see Elladj Balde skate in the Grand Prix. He's on the Canadian team, after all. It's just because he was injured that he doesn't have international points.

vCash
    One of my favorite cities on earth - Quebec! Whee!!! I'm in.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    No because it's at the same place, like 2 buildings next to Colisée Pepsi. It's as complicated as Colisée Pepsi which mean hotels are far of the rink.

vCash
    OMG GPF in Quebec City is amazing It will hopefully be my first ever international competition as a spectator as Quebec is my new hometown! Am I glad I moved 6 months ago

vCash
    Awesome! Now we just need to find out about Canadians and Skate Canada.....

vCash
    Excellent work quebecoise!

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Oooh, depending where SC is this year, I may skip it and go to the GPF instead. Quebec City is
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    I wish I could go to the GPF! Sadly it's the weekend before finals so it really isn't an option.

vCash
    That's fabulous that the GPF is being held in Quebec City! Not too many international events showcase both senior and junior skaters, so this will be a great opportunity for those who attend.

vCash
    You (and everyone) should go if you can! A wonderful city, I can hardly wait!

Sure, there'll be snow but just pack your warm clothes. The arena is near the Colisee Pepsi, which isn't downtown but it's not outside the city either. Taxis or buses will get you there.

vCash
    YES!!!

Quebec City is SO completely doable for me!! I don't care about the cold weather and snow ... I just want to go to the GPF. Can't wait for more details on ticket sales, etc.

Doing the dance of joy here ...

ETA: Would it be too greedy of me to hope that there's a teensy, tiny chance that SC might possibly be held in Halifax or Saint John or Moncton? It's been quite awhile since it was held in Atlantic Canada.

vCash
    Oh wow - I want to go too!!!

vCash
    I really, really, really want to go to Quebec City. But the closest hotel to the arena (based on Google Maps) is a 35 minute walk? And a 15 minute walk just to get coffee? I do not intend to drive. Is public transportation at all doable?

I hope airfare goes down. It starts at $700 for me.

I also really, really, really want to go to Colorado Springs for 4CC. Airfare seems to be reasonable. Hotels seem to be 20 minute walks (but the rates are quite cheap--as long as we still have parity, that is!) but coffee seems to be nowhere near the arena.

The only way this will change is if Skate America, Skate Canada or Canadians is in the Pacific Northwest. Doubt it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast