Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    According to the German skating magazine "Pirouette" CoC will be held probably in Shanghai.

vCash
    Rats, I wish there were a JGP event in the US. I went to the one in Lake Placid in 2009 and it was a great experience. Huge bargain (all even ticket less than $20?) and got to see a lot of up and comers, as well as some who clearly won't progress so far. Scariest pairs programs ever! collective breath holding in the arena during the lifts--those grim faced wobbly young men! It was really thrilling. Christine Musademba was a highlight, and Ross Minor and the Shibutanis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1214 View Post
    OMG, I've got all fingers and toes crossed (and cramping) that either SC or GPF will be somewhere that I can consider going to. Quebec city would be GREAT!! Does anyone know when the announcements of venues will be made?
    1 MORE VOTE FOR QUEBEC CITY !!

and the GPF city is supposed to be announce is a few days according to this article : http://actualites.ca.msn.com/regiona...entid=27445761

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    At this point, I'm starting to think it will be announced in September.
    Aint that the truth. I remember the good old days when you actually knew more than a year ahead of time and they sold tickets for the following year at the current SA....the announcements just get later and later every year.

vCash
    Has anyone else heard anything or come across articles mentioning possible locations for Skate Canada or the GP Final? We had an article posted at the end of last month about Quebec City possibly being a location for the GP Final, but just wondered if anyone had heard anything else in the last couple weeks. Hope there's an announcement soon about both events!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    I recently read in the German skating magazine that ISU will implement some major changes again. Guess we won't know the initial assignments before the end of July.
    Sandra -- changes like how invitations or issued? or changes like dropping one of the GP events and letting the GP final go to whichever country does not have have a GP event this year?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Sandra -- changes like how invitations or issued?
    That's what I've heard but no concrete details at this time.

Sandra P., is there anything useful you can quote from the German article?

Wherever the beautiful and artistic male skaters are! :-D
    vCash
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Quebec City for the GPF!!! We don't host enough figure skating events in this province! Heck, we don't even get CSOI this year! We should receive GPF as compensation!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    That's what I've heard but no concrete details at this time.

Sandra P., is there anything useful you can quote from the German article?
    oki doki lets get into the details
    Singles - down to 10 entries each
    Dance - down to 8 entries each
    Pairs - remains at 8

Top 6 from worlds can do 3 events like in the past

minimum score will be implemented at 2/3 of the previous season top score ... example Pairs S/S currently first with 210.72 so minimum score would be 140.48

minimum score can be achieved in the previous season or at the autumn internationals like Nebelhorn Trophy

massive change to the substitution rules
    the list is updated after each ISU senior event and published on the ISU homepage. if a skater or pair withdraws the first one in the ranking of the substitute list has to be invited. no more replacing with the lowest ranked skaters on the list. it has to be the number 1 on the list of substitutes.

at least thats what my magazine says

vCash
    [QUOTE=sandra_persch;3072608]oki doki lets get into the details
    Pairs - remains at 8

>> Singles down to 10? That´s not nice, Ice Dane, too

>> why? i´m not a fan of this. i would prefer to see some good junior skaters of the last season instead of 3times asada out of form in early season.

the list is updated after each ISU senior event and published on the ISU homepage. if a skater or pair withdraws the first one in the ranking of the substitute list has to be invited. no more replacing with the lowest ranked skaters on the list. it has to be the number 1 on the list of substitutes.
    >> some change has to be done. this year´s withdrawals and empty spaces were really akward

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    >> some change has to be done. this year´s withdrawals and empty spaces were really akward
    Thats the one change I like too. It gives more meaning to the autumn internationals again and will encourage skaters to show up, especially if they had a bad season or injury before and are back in great shape.

Shame they didn't get rid of the 3 skaters per federation maximum.

vCash
    Cutting singles and dance entries? What the fcuk, ISU?

I also don't like the fact that the previous Worlds top 6 have the option do to three SGP events. Like someone else said, I would prefer that other skaters get the chance to gain senior experience.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Cutting singles and dance entries? What the fcuk, ISU?
    Yeah, I had heard some rumblings about this but didn't want to post something without actual confirmation (knowing how people would be about the reduction in GP slots).

vCash
    Wait... Reducing the number of spots AND allowing some to do 3 events?? Horrible for those trying to break through.

vCash
    Is the ISU trying to kill the sport?

vCash
    Pairs - remains at 8

vCash
    These changes should really motivate USFSA and Skate Canada to have Senior B's. Just sayin'...
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jtpc View Post
    Has anyone else heard anything or come across articles mentioning possible locations for Skate Canada or the GP Final? We had an article posted at the end of last month about Quebec City possibly being a location for the GP Final, but just wondered if anyone had heard anything else in the last couple weeks. Hope there's an announcement soon about both events!
    Heard there will be a Skate canada annoucement at the end of february !! Can't wait to know

JEWELS.
    vCash
    the list is updated after each ISU senior event and published on the ISU homepage.
    Well, at least we won't have to constantly update our own GP substitutes list for our own (FSU) reference now that the ISU will be publishing it online.

vCash
    Reducing the spots in Grand Prix ?? WTF?!!!!

I actually would love if skaters can do 3 events but NOT if theyre gonna cut the spots from each field.. thats just totally bogus..

The subsitute rule is actually quite good.. we ended up with some really crappy low level fields this season because of inviting the lowest ranked for the sake of home skaters..

I

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast