Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    What do the tracings on your single and double lutz look like? On the triple you're definitely picking up the skating leg before it reaches the toe-picking leg. Maybe you're anticipating too much about having to pull in quickly for the triple?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by minx View Post
    Spaz - I recognized you. I am at challenges every year, sometimes volunteered, sometimes not. I won't tell but will say hi next year when you're back
    ooh ok. :p I don't know if I will ever be back though! haha.

ok i just found and uploaded a video from way back in the day... when it was super easy to do a 3lutz:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgBHta2N2HE

the technique is still bad, there's still a huge gap in between my feet when i take off.... but everything was easier when i was younger. :p

thanks smarts1, i'll try both those things tonight.

the tracings for double and triple are the same.... the hugest gap between the feet. on a single if i concentrate suuuuuuuuper hard i can draw them together a bit, but then my lutz is realllllly ugly! but even when i concentrate 100% on drawing them together there's still a decent gap. it's so frustratingggggg, i don't understand WHY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    everyone says their 3lutz is just super easy and natural....
    Yah, right. all of us!!! My 3lutz is just underrotated by about 2.5 revs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Yah, right. all of us!!! My 3lutz is just underrotated by about 2.5 revs.

vCash
    You are taking such a long time to reach back and pick. If you just focused on picking QUICKER, then your picking foot wouldn't have time to get so far behind you and you wouldn't have such a long distance to draw back before leaving the ice.
    This seems to be the theme of the week, as my coach has been trying to get me and one of his other skaters to pick more quickly on our lutzes. It has really helped me fix my flutz, stay straighter in the air and get better outflow on my lutz landings!

vCash
    How's the new lutz?

vCash
    Hmmmm.. I've never heard to pick quicker before. I'll try that as well.

The "new" lutz is still non-existant. :p But I've been trying for like 5 years. What I REALLY need to do is just STOP doing anything besides singles until it's fixed........ but it's EXTREEEEEEMELY hard. Triple jumps are like my favorite thing in life... and doing sal, toe, loop isn't enough variety so I get bored and just need to do my messed up lutzes. :S

vCash
    ^ Can you also do a triple flip? Or is that not in your jump repotoire?

vCash
    I can do flip but it's worse than the lutz. It has no snap into the rotation. But otherwise I think it's pretty much the same problem, haha.

vCash
    So did you try picking quicker? How did it feel?

vCash
    Really? Do you have any videos of the flip?

vCash
    picking quicker didn't really feel any different or change anything i don't think. though i only tried it on singles... am trying really hard not to let myself do a double or triple until it's fixed! haha.

i can't find any videos of my flip online right now... i'll try to upload when i get faster internet though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    The "new" lutz is still non-existant. :p But I've been trying for like 5 years. What I REALLY need to do is just STOP doing anything besides singles until it's fixed........ but it's EXTREEEEEEMELY hard. Triple jumps are like my favorite thing in life... and doing sal, toe, loop isn't enough variety so I get bored and just need to do my messed up lutzes. :S
    Well I take a nice delayed 2lutz over a blink-n-you-miss-it 3lutz anyday . You can work on that or the tano 2lutz, the candle 2lutz, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12